Suggestions > Scouting Allocation

Scouting Allocation

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
12778.15 in reply to 12778.14
Date: 1/26/2008 3:21:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Basically nothing, exept for the fact that there is 1 more type of staff for your team, and also that you will probably not be able to guess the exact amount of scoutinginfo you will get, but you will know a low level will get you not so much info, and a high level will get you some more info.

So there is a diffrence.

Also you wil have a face for your scout, where now there is only an amount to be seen that you want to invest.

I guess this is just a matter of ethics (hope this last word is the right one for what I try to tell, if it does sound odd in this sentence it probably isn't... hope you'll get what I want to say anyway, because I have no clue how I should say it otherwise. ;) )

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
12778.16 in reply to 12778.15
Date: 1/26/2008 6:35:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Another difference is if you no longer want to invest 'x' amount of money in a scout you will be forced to fire your current one and hire a cheaper one. Right now it's as if I'm paying for a talent search service per week and they keep me informed (or don't) based on the level of money I'm willing to form over. Having the position means it is a more permanent amount to spend and thus people may need to work that into their budgets.

I do agree tha tis seems strange to draft a player who, according to me scout, may be a 5 star A+, but for all the treasure in the world he can't yet tell me at what position. The fact remains that for some people it may make more sense taking a slightly less highly graded player if that is either a team weakness, or a training priority. Probably won't affect the talent for the star level, but the grade might be affected. Right now, because I started about 2 weeks ago, I have no idea what position my players in the draft will be, I haven't really decided what my training routine will be either.

Also, I certainly hope that there are more 5 star players in the higher divisions because I can tell you right now that most good ball players don't want to play for a place that can't fill up 5000 seats and has a Civil War era doctor in the medical tent.

My scouts would probably be looking at neighborhood basketball courts after school to find the level of talent that would play for a club in Division IV... and that's if 'talent' didn't have to go his job of bagging groceries at the corner store instead.

But seriously, not knowing things like approx. height, if he likes to go inside or stays outside... this stuff you can tell easily and shouldn't need to be scouted my anyone more qualified to scout than a solidly informed fan.

This Post:
12778.17 in reply to 12778.16
Date: 1/26/2008 10:12:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, the best position is waste of information for me... Why? Simply because no one can guarantee that you'll get that player... Stars are much better... I make an list, let's say I have eight 5-star players, one of them should be available for me... And if he's not playing the position I need, I sell him and buy one I can use...

This Post:
12778.18 in reply to 12778.17
Date: 1/27/2008 5:03:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Irrelevant to your usage, it is still the most simple of any information which can be discovered by scouting. I'm not suggesting this for your sake or anyone else's, I'm suggesting it because a scout would be far quicker to realize a natural position than to be able to give estimated starts AT that position, let alone a letter grade.

If this is not the case the only value the stars would have would be 'natural talent' for basketball in general. A 5 star Center isn't the same as a 5 star PG due to different skills, so when I see a number of starts it has to be assumed that logically that scout knows the position. Sure, maybe the scout won't know the SG from the PG or the PF from the C depending on the game style at times, but to know if the player is front court or back court MUST be determined before a player can be appropriately 'starred'. This is independent of your need for information, and usefulness to your, or any other club, wasn't a consideration when I brought it up.

This Post:
12778.19 in reply to 12778.15
Date: 1/27/2008 2:53:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The reason it is better is that you know that a 10 star scout can be programmed to give all the positions and other information as well as look at a player numerous times to get an accurate value of the players as a 1 star scout will go out and stare at a game and base potential on that game alone and give you random information on all of the players.

If you dont see a difference than we should get rid of all the staff as well because if you have ever been on or around a proffesional team than you would know that a scout is as important as anyone else. Also you can add into scouting thathe can scout players on other team or the other team to try and get an advantage like profeesional teams do.

The idea behind these game is to make them as realistic as possible. Then have a scout who can do his job proerly.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.