Suggestions > World Toruneys like B3 for all Levels/League

World Toruneys like B3 for all Levels/League

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
167495.14 in reply to 167495.13
Date: 12/28/2010 12:38:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As there is a change in B3 format for next season I don't expect any other change of this type soon.
Maybe second world wide competition can be involved. But it's question who can play this competition? Beaten league and cup finalist? +beaten semifinalists? if we want more team to be involved and this teams can be the best which don't qualify for B3.

I just read the new B3 format for next season, i think its great, it's like i mentioned before getting the teams more involved in the competition would be desirable and that new format does it so major thumbs up on that part. I think just as those that get eliminated from the Champions League in the first/second round, they get put into that Cup league I was talking about that would have thousands of participants world wide. I'm here to suggest the idea that thinking of a format to incorporate a way to involve thousands of teams worldwide to play in a tournament would be a much inticing proposition for many BB users to look forward to

This Post:
167495.15 in reply to 167495.14
Date: 12/28/2010 1:29:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
OK I thought of ingenious way to create such tournament. Looking into my country's tournament there are 8192 participants with up to 13 weeks go cup matches. It begins in the 1st week of the new season and ends right around the playoffs so knowing that 13 weeks of cup competition from national tournament is possible, so would worldwide competition.

With that being said, given the new format would take the top 32 teams that win, 16 teams that rank from 33 to 48 would fall into that worldwide cup competition just like those that fall from UEFA Championship to Europa Cup. Not all the losers from B3 will qualify but then again not all the UEFA CHampionship losers participate in the Europa Cup. The new format has 8 games before the 32 team single elimination round meaning those teams cannot fall into the new cup tournament until week 9.
With 16 teams from B3 mergining to the new cup, there will be total of 32 teams, the other 16 would be participants of the tournaments that made it through the first 8 weeks of the cup. The tournament would start with 4096 teams and the following table shows how many teams would be around on the right side and the correspondent week on the left:

In week 9 with the 16 extra teams coming from B3 then 32 teams would be competing on the 9th week which would fall down to this table shown below:

the 13th week would be the final with 2 teams left. Here is a way to get 4096 teams in addition to the 144 B3 so that would come down to 4240 teams havings a worldwide involvment instead of 144. I haven't thought of yet how many teams from each country and who will be a part of the tournament yet. But you can guess big countries like spain for example would have like 16, and all should accumulate to 4096. I would think of number of involvers that can easily be discussed and figured out but for now acknowledge the new format I'm proposing as a very real possibility

Message deleted
This Post:
167495.17 in reply to 167495.15
Date: 1/3/2011 9:52:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I somewhat agree with you and I am for anything that allows more teams to participate in international tournaments. In fact, I personally think that almost every team in BB should be entered in some kind of international tournament every season.

I would start by getting rid of the domestic cup or replacing it with a tournament that is less lucrative and played in arcade mode. Why? You know that any change would have to be revenue neutral. So if you add more meaningful international games, you have to take the money out of the game somewhere.

Second, get rid of the B3. It is the grey poupon of BB and is out of touch for everyone except the top end users.

Then, add international tournaments. It is a worldwide game. Why do 99.9% of the club games get played at the domestic level? And unless you play the game for a long time or come from a small country, your chances of playing in a meaningful international competition are zero in the current format (no, scrimmages are not meaningful competition in my books, and you cannot play in a PL unless you have supporter).

As for what format the new tournament(s) will take, I will leave that open (for now, although I do have ideas). But with 14 weeks in a BB season, 16384 teams could play in an elimination tournament. That would be a good place to start. And now that there is a world ranking, that certainly could be one element in determining who gets into the tournament. Or maybe the only element?

Anyhow, just my personal feelings.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
167495.18 in reply to 167495.17
Date: 1/4/2011 2:02:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I support Gil's and your thoughts.

!zazhigai!
This Post:
167495.19 in reply to 167495.17
Date: 1/4/2011 7:45:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
wouldnt it be possible to make a kind of chamionsleague?

al the champions of there division are playing against a champion of another countries division?
Must be difficult to schedule but thats a fair way of getting into Europe
If you do this continental:

north and south america
Europa
Asia and Australie
Middle East and the rest

And maybe you can play the champions of Europe agains the American one and so on?

This Post:
167495.20 in reply to 167495.19
Date: 1/4/2011 9:35:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

That seems to me to be just another way to form a B3. My personal idea is that everyone (or almost everyone) in BB should be entered into some kind of international tournament every season. If it is just another elite tournament, I think the status quo is fine.

And remember that any idea probably has to be revenue neutral.

This Post:
167495.21 in reply to 167495.20
Date: 1/4/2011 10:13:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Paper Pusher I LOVE your response from (167495.17). If its possible to stick 16384 teams in international competition that would be super duper lovely. Funny thing about 99.9% of games being domestic, it's probably more than in real life, and in real life you actually have to travel to visit a team from another country, some teams played are in super isolated areas where you got to exchange 5 flights into tiny airport and drive 5 hours just to get to the stadium of the visitors team. I mean if those games made possible BB should definitely make worldwide competition possible as well.

While all have their own personal thought, I do think B3 is too tiny and its in everyone's mind just wanting to be part of it but barely anyone can so its somewhat frustrating. I don't think B3 should be eliminated, maybe expanded a little but I do think that somewhere out there there should be matchups made for those who play the best. I think people like to relate to real life, so having something thats equivalent to Champions League should still be around, and have in addition something that will be the equivelant of Europa Cup just with much more teams since BB is about fun and no real aircraft traveling and hotels and homesickness are issues.

The real point I'm trying to make thou is yes there are lots of tweaking into how to implement a large worldwide competition but i'm here to raise awareness of the idea to show you this very super cool thing is possible. I don't care how B3 is affected or not just the idea of adding 4096 to 16384 teams is the main point i hope people can come across with and realize how much they want it and that tweaking a way to make it work is possible

This Post:
167495.22 in reply to 167495.20
Date: 1/4/2011 10:20:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And remember that any idea probably has to be revenue neutra

so keep playing Sc thans or create a private league??

This Post:
167495.23 in reply to 167495.19
Date: 1/4/2011 10:53:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

al the champions of there division are playing against a champion of another countries division?
Must be difficult to schedule but thats a fair way of getting into Europe
If you do this continental:

north and south america
Europa
Asia and Australie
Middle East and the rest

And maybe you can play the champions of Europe agains the American one and so on?

i find this a good idea. in the end, you could let the best of each country play eachother and you could have a possible larger representation ( spread tourney over 2 seasons maybe, or add an extra game per week for this, say on sunday and wednesday, tho i'm not a big fan of adding even more games to the week at this point)

Now, for tweaking the current B3 system:

i don't mind it to much as it is now. sure i'd love to play in it, but that's about it. their are however 2 problems that should be solved:

1) the teams get some cash from it each week, which 99.9% of the other teams don't get. instead of giving money to the winning team, it should be more of a prestige to play and win it. caus eeventually, it ends up in having the top teams get more money, so they can afford better players, pay slightely higher salaris, etc... this could give em an edge over the other teams in the top divisions in the country. but this isn't the biggest problem in my eyes.

2) and this i find really annoying: that some team from small countries ( no offence ment to these countries tho, but i'm just trying to pick some names to point out the problem) such as Barbados, Macau, Malta, Bahamas, etc. they have teams that quallify that wouldn't even be able to hold their grounds against a III division team of countries such as Spain, Italy or America. i find it trully annoying to see teams that even i could beat, are participating in the B3 tournement.

to solve that issue: why not let each country have a representant for each league that it has. that way, countries such as Italy or Spain, who's top 6 would beat most of the other countries, would be more presented, and have a larger chance at quallifying. you could give a ticket for the cup winner, the PO winner of the top league, the losing finalist, and let the other teams have consolation games to decide who will get the remaining tickets.

At least, that way, you'd have a true presentation of the top teams. cause right now, their are quite alot of teams that quallify that couldn't survive in other countries lower divisions. And, it would also encourage the people of each nation, to try and get more active players, since that will mean that they can have more participants in that B3 tourney. So in an indirect way, you are stimulating the managers to advertise for the game.

just threw in my thoughs

LA-Revo

This Post:
167495.24 in reply to 167495.22
Date: 1/4/2011 2:03:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

so keep playing Sc thans or create a private league??

No, that is not what I mean by revenue neutral. What I mean is: if you add money somewhere, you have to take it from somewhere else. So, my example was to remove or diminish cup revenue in order to create larger and possibly more international tournaments.

What you have to remember is that the BBs are scaling the economy right now. They are not going to do anything that adds a significant amount of money to the game. That would create inflation and the goal right now is to have a constant economy.

Advertisement