Suggestions > Optional Alternative Name Based On Your Nationality

Optional Alternative Name Based On Your Nationality

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
177416.14 in reply to 177416.13
Date: 3/22/2011 11:52:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's like going to be a nickname option if you ask me....

This could be good too if for example their name is too formal... for example... the name Augustus Lang is too formal for a hoops player... we could use the alternate name to form other name like Gus Lang, August Lang, etc.

or monikers like "Fever Gus"

but however improved this suggestion may end up i think this suggestion itself may end up on the bottom part on priorities.

This Post:
177416.15 in reply to 177416.11
Date: 3/22/2011 12:11:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's about the fun of the game, making it feel more cool for me that I can look at my team as like an NBA team.
Sometimes I feel like I'm bored to dead playing BuzzerBeater, but I can't imagine that this will help. Sorry, but I try to be positive.

This Post:
177416.16 in reply to 177416.11
Date: 3/23/2011 1:09:48 AM
Arizona Cacti
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this might help managers identify with their players a bit more. My best player over the past couple years is named Henrique da Senra and although I'd never change it now, I probably would have preferred to have him named Henry Sanders or something like that when I first acquired him. Don't care that much but it could be a good idea.

This Post:
177416.18 in reply to 177416.17
Date: 3/23/2011 4:44:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe it's cultural

I think it is.

This Post:
177416.19 in reply to 177416.17
Date: 3/23/2011 6:59:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe it's cultural, but I really don't want to change name of my players to facilitate my remembering of them.

Yes I often nickname them, but it's just a little mind game and I'm happy to see each their real name rather than frenchized names.

As I mentioned, Real names are there and always there and appear everywhere that it is supposed to be. The alternative names are additional and they are optional. Some people prefer besides remembering names also having the joyful comfort of players from their own nation as opposed to stranger. Those that like foreigners mixed salad can keep the foreign mixed salad names, those that like more of their national names can choose to do that as well. In your case you can still keep the names as you wish

This Post:
177416.21 in reply to 177416.20
Date: 3/23/2011 12:10:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The names got nothing to do with NT. The original names are always there and never changed, displaced or any less invisible than before and in fact when looking at a roster in a NT I think only their real names should be dsiplayed even if their owners desgiante the different name for them (which would be shown in that owner's roster site). It's not something that should confuse NT coaches or owners and definitely not something that should do anything with merchandizing.

The suggestion for American names was just example I brought up with me cause my team is in America so don't think of it strictly in America.

What I really like to point out, is that unfortunately those that would most care about such change unfortunately not the type that would come and read this forum :-(. It's the Polish who can only speak Polish, Austrian who can only speak German, Israeli who can only speak Hebrew.. and anyone who either doesn't know english or not care enough to participate in any forums outside of their own national forums. Those people are most attatched to their countires and would enjoy more if they see names associated with their countries. Or if they're fan of basketball in their country and root for certain teams, that like most of those teams outside the US which have more or less 75% of the players from their country, that being able to designate names allow them to feel like they are owner of such team that resemble their nation.

It's just an additional side name, it shouldn't confuse anyone just as if you qoute a player by a nickname, you won't have NT coaches confuse someone because of a name given in the qoute, they'll easily identiy the player by their real name because it would just as equall as before be visible to everyone.

This Post:
177416.22 in reply to 177416.21
Date: 3/23/2011 12:28:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's just an additional side name, it shouldn't confuse anyone just as if you qoute a player by a nickname

It would however make the appearance of the game much more confusing if two names were shown for each player. When a player moves from one team to another, there would even be a change in the naming. Another source of confusion.

This Post:
177416.23 in reply to 177416.21
Date: 3/23/2011 8:48:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this is a strange, pointless and silly idea... you know, since I'm not a xenophobe.

This Post:
177416.24 in reply to 177416.23
Date: 3/24/2011 11:44:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
OK I admit there are more important things needed to be changed so this can be on hold for now.

But I can see how many would take this completely out of context and falsely believe this is too complicated to implement, to confusing, can't work.... I already had people missing the point where I mentioned secondary names have no effect on original names and where they are placed.

Unfortunately the people who would seem to most like something like this are once who probably can't speak english and are mainly familiar with their nation and language only. For those people it be easier to relate to players of their own nation more comforting and more pleasant to get into the game so if it does that calling this strange, pointless, and silly idea is silly. Being that I'm familiar with Israel and half Israeli, I'll say I'd like to have Israeli names around if I played in Israel so it feels more like me and part of my country and like a team I can relate in the basketball leagues in Israel (called Ligat Ha'Al) who mostly have Israelis playing with some foreigners. But most of all if I didn't know English then seeing the Hebrew names would be nice.

Advertisement