BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Salaries -> Season 19. A new change?

Salaries -> Season 19. A new change?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
209193.14 in reply to 209193.13
Date: 2/7/2012 4:52:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
OAK (14 yrs)
NYY (5 yrs)
SDP (3 yrs)
NYM (2 yrs)
BOS (1 yr)
LAD (1 yr)
ANA (1 yr)
SEA (1 yr)
TOR (1 yr)
Rickey Henderson's career. 9 teams. It happens.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
209193.15 in reply to 209193.14
Date: 2/7/2012 5:00:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
nice find. maybe you can find a successful british racehorse from the 19th century that was ridden by 10 different jockeys? :D

This Post:
209193.16 in reply to 209193.13
Date: 2/7/2012 5:00:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And there are maybe even worse cases than Degulys...

A salary max. I wouldn't mind really, I don't and will never compete with such rosters. But did you think well about it ? It will be a massive advantage for the owners of these players with no drawback (salary). You are being very demanding and Santa finished his tour only a month ago :)

Quite a big imbalance you are asking for, it might cause trouble amongst elite teams. 100/200k saved a week on one player is a lot and it's just like increasing income for these teams and we are back to other problems.
Remembering the forum uproar at the small change that was cross-training, I don't want to think of the reaction this announcement would cause :D

This Post:
209193.17 in reply to 209193.11
Date: 2/7/2012 6:21:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

you don't play with 5 michael Jordans, but for example Josef KA designed a good team around a dwight howard(turbato).

Also in the bundesliga was a promoted team, which made quite good in addition with an salary monster at that time(also around 330k).

If the salaries were lower, the prices were higher so you couldn't afford 5 Michael Jordans ;)

Yes ¡¡¡ Lucky i can find some good argument, for the sake of god ¡¡¡

TL is so low and this will make the prices keep going down :$

This Post:
209193.18 in reply to 209193.2
Date: 2/7/2012 6:42:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm waiting for the news to see what they say.

I only hope that they don't say:''We have increased the salaries to keep going on an equilibrium direction[...]

They have to show some data, the teams doesn't have much money, just take a look on the TL, it's just so low so i don't know why they raise the salaries.

It's sad, but unless this raise is a bug, raising the salary encourage the teams to keep tanking money.

Last edited by Marot at 2/7/2012 6:43:41 PM

This Post:
209193.19 in reply to 209193.15
Date: 2/7/2012 10:15:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice find? Rickey is the greatest base stealer in the history of baseball. His story is common knowledge, or so I thought.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
209193.20 in reply to 209193.19
Date: 2/7/2012 11:19:33 PM
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
common knowledge in baseball playing countries
but kind of like famous lugers and cross country skiers in countries not up to sped in that sport

This Post:
209193.22 in reply to 209193.18
Date: 2/7/2012 11:56:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What makes you think there was an increase ?
Untrained players in my team have not seen any change in salary.

Teams will always complain to be short of money, people are always short of money. The more wealthy, the more short of money you are, have you noticed ? :)
This is not a valid argument. If all the teams in a league are on equal foot, it is not an issue.

And what's your data to claim the market is low ? Low relative to what ? Transfer fees are lower than before and we will not return to past levels in the foreseeable future because it was a disaster waiting to happen and a game breaker. It is not low, it's the market we have for seasons now.
I still see players going for 2M and up. Many are a bit overpaid. The value we put on players have shifted. This discussion is going for 5, 6, 7 seasons now ? It's not a change or a fall anymore, members who joined seasons ago have no idea what market levels we are talking about.

Elite divisions teams still have financial muscle. In october, in three days, when you promoted to D.II, you have sold a 23 yo SF and a 24 yo C for more than 4M. With the money, you have bought a 25 yo PF and a 30 yo PG. You are rich in BB, Marot, don't you realize it ?
If you have 4M in the bank and that players sell for low then you can buy them on the cheap, am I right ? You had 4M and good players whose selling prices have shrinked. Shall I rephrase it again ? :)

Many of the older teams are holding the game back with negative comments on the market. They were used to buy random draftees, train them a couple of seasons and sell them for double or triple the price. Good ! I know it's rewarding to think "I am awesome !" The market needed those players because they didn't exist, the game was developing and teams were making tons of cash and could afford huge bloody bidwars. Money was never a problem, a super negative weekly income was not something to worry about once you got your team running and it is still today for the wealthier teams... We are in another phase now. Happy-go-lucky days are gone :) Good for us, I include myself, that we joined BB early enough to live through this period of the game. Now it is time to move on and use others of our endless management skills.

New teams have disadvantages to start now but some advantages too... but mainly disadvantages.
One advantage is that they have access to better players earlier now due to lower market prices. This is desirable since players have vastly improved in skills and if these teams had to wait as long as in the past to have access to such players in the market, it would take forever for them to be even remotely competitive with older teams.
So let's give them a chance to enjoy the game a bit. New teams will never catch you, Marot, unless you make horrible mistakes or in 20 seasons time.

If tanking spreads, I expect rules to prevent tanking to be harsher. BB must have changing rules to monitor the game environment. I think BBs don't like it and would better have a game running on autopilot but in an interactive gameworld, you need a hands-on approach sometimes to control unwanted consequences.

This Post:
209193.23 in reply to 209193.22
Date: 2/7/2012 11:58:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Woops ! Sorry, wall of text...

That's that I can't sleep, real world money problems keep me awake ;)

This Post:
209193.24 in reply to 209193.8
Date: 2/8/2012 2:32:25 AM
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
one thing is very true - TV income and Salaries floor are very bad adjusted.

wait till the enxt economy update ;) Since the average is calculated with the values of last season, and most likely some promoted teams.

i ment globaly not this season, long term.. i know i will have to wait until monday to find out, but thanks.

Last edited by LA-zajino at 2/8/2012 2:32:38 AM

1 BBB, 20 Leagues, 10 Tournaments, 3 Europe Titles (SVK), 2 World Bronzes (SVK), 2 Europe Bronzes (SVK,FRA), 42 Seasons NT coaching
Advertisement