Help - English > seats

seats

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
21967.14 in reply to 21967.1
Date: 4/3/2008 12:35:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
GM-SuperflyGuy & LA-ThePhil both gave a lot of good information in the midst of their disagreement.

Specific to your case:
You're selling out your lower tier & courtside seats on a regular basis. I notice that you've already tried to increase the price of these seats, but were a tad late, so the change won't take effect until May 1st (around the time of the playoff finals this season). You're also adding a few luxury boxes, which is good IMO.

In the meantime, you may want to consider further expansion. The main reason I will suggest expansion to you (or anyone else reading this) at this time is because in a bit more than a month, the season will end and your Season Ticket Holders will be updated (most likely will grow by about 50% or more).

The rule of thumb that I use regarding expansion of my arena is to only build about half the seats I can afford. This leaves a safety net of cash to cover salaries and expenses while the expansion takes place (usually takes about 1-1.5 weeks to add the seats). Remember also that after expanding, each seat you build needs to sell about 15-20 times before it pays for itself.

Regarding raising ticket prices, my advice is to make very minor adjustments. You're stuck with these prices for a full month after they go into effect, so be careful. I've found that it is best to raise prices by around 10% or less. If you're selling out lower tier seats at $35, try $38-$40 next month. The most sensitive seats to raise prices on are bleachers, so I'd recommend going $1 at a time in either direction ($2 is about a 20% hike, and I saw a dramatic decrease in bleacher seats sold after raising the price from $12 to $14). I'd also recommend lowering the price you currently have on luxury boxes if they don't sell once they're complete.

All-in-all, a quick check of your arena page makes most of this post seem redundant. But I'd still recommend putting some additional investment into courtside seats, as well as some lower-tier.

Best of luck!

Last edited by darykjozef at 4/3/2008 12:36:15 PM

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
21967.15 in reply to 21967.14
Date: 4/4/2008 5:48:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for the advice...
But I guess I'll wait for the beginning of the next season, in order to see how we are performing from a financial point of view. I have the impression I'm not turning break even each week...