Suggestions > Create U-23 National Selection

Create U-23 National Selection

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
262750.14 in reply to 262750.13
Date: 9/18/2014 6:37:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If it's implemented, I'd like the 3 different NT coachs to be elected for 3 seasons. 2 seasons is too short

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage
This Post:
262750.16 in reply to 262750.15
Date: 9/18/2014 7:10:43 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Well, if it's supposed to be 3 seasons instead of two, then you could rearrange it that you would play a Continental Cup in the first year, have a big qualification round for the world cup in the second year (and you don't automatically qualify during Continental Cups, so a second/ new chance for every team that got a little bit unlucky during the Continental Cup e.g.) and in the third year you've got a the World Cup.

Just a quick suggestion. What do you think?

And I think, if you prolong the election period to 3 seasons, that's really good - especially in the u21/ u24 teams where you're developing players into a certain direction and it sometimes takes a little bit more than 2 seasons to get changes in training plans etc. to start working...

So I'm all for a new U-24 squad and also the 3 year election period (if we find a workable arrangement) ...

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
262750.17 in reply to 262750.16
Date: 9/18/2014 8:54:38 PM
ES Arnould
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
I do really love these ideas.
3 seasons with a new chance for world cup spot instead of the actual system is great.
The effect on training motivation is great by adding U24.
Only remains the issue of timing for all of this, and how to implement it.

But this is quite a brillant idea :-D

This Post:
262750.18 in reply to 262750.15
Date: 9/18/2014 11:33:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Three season terms are better for U21 coaches as well. Think about it, you are elected as U21 coach. In your first season you have a team you don't know. In your second year you work with players who were trained for only one season the way you asked. If you are not successful you won't be elected again. If you're successful it's not your merit but the previous coach's. An U21 coach needs more than 2 seasons to realize his plans.

Don't feed the troll
This Post:
262750.19 in reply to 262750.18
Date: 9/19/2014 12:13:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Three season terms are better for U21 coaches as well. Think about it, you are elected as U21 coach. In your first season you have a team you don't know. In your second year you work with players who were trained for only one season the way you asked. If you are not successful you won't be elected again. If you're successful it's not your merit but the previous coach's. An U21 coach needs more than 2 seasons to realize his plans.

This is specifically why I am against U21 in general. You can be given instruction on how to train a player and do it perfectly for 2-3 seasons and then have the script flipped by a new manager with a completely different mindset. If this was all in an enough to develop players mot players could maintain it would be fine but typically it is not.

Also I'd be more in favor of a 2 season rotation of WCs so that every draft class (18 year olds) could get a chance to shine.

As someone who hates national teams and wants nothing to do with them, I think this could potentially help maintain the user base and perhaps attract new ones. It' not a terrible idea.

Now if we could have more intuitive training (like SF defensive training the covered OD and ID)

This Post:
262750.20 in reply to 262750.19
Date: 9/19/2014 1:07:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can be given instruction on how to train a player and do it perfectly for 2-3 seasons and then have the script flipped by a new manager with a completely different mindset. If this was all in an enough to develop players mot players could maintain it would be fine but typically it is not.

As the U21 NT manager for the USA, I can tell you that although this can sometimes be true, in the USA at least, it seems to be a very understanding and helpful community, specifically on the offsite. I know that fewmit did a fantastic job of giving his perspective when asked for training advice while also letting people know that in the future there will probably be a new manager with slightly different viewpoints on training. In general though, I don't think that varying view points are that much of an issue for U21 NT roster spots, since ultimately if your player has been trained well, we can usually find a spot for him on the team assuming his manager is easy to communicate with and his player remains in high GS.

Also I'd be more in favor of a 2 season rotation of WCs so that every draft class (18 year olds) could get a chance to shine.

I believe that this is already a thing. That is why there are elections every two seasons. If you think the manager is doing a good job (And if that manager has been given advice on how to train your player to make the team), you can re-elect them. The worse situation would where there is a major problem with the U21 manager and that nation is stuck with that manager for 4 seasons.

I know specifically of two examples where this would have been terrible. A couple of seasons ago France had a manager that completely ruined their U21 NT and seemed to make a big joke out of it. He had under a 30% manager approval rating, but they had to stick with his bizarre coaching style for 2 seasons. Now Poland is in a similar situation where they only had one manager run in the U21 NT elections, but he has only a 22% manager approval rating for the Poland U21 NT. They are stuck with him for 2 seasons. Having 4 seasons of the same manager seems problematic, if there is not a reelection somewhere in between those seasons. 2 seasons between elections seems appropriate to me.

As someone who hates national teams and wants nothing to do with them, I think this could potentially help maintain the user base and perhaps attract new ones. It' not a terrible idea.

Sad to hear you want no part of it, as we would love to have you on the offsite to help out with the National teams, but I can understand if you don't want to help out.

Now if we could have more intuitive training (like SF defensive training the covered OD and ID)

This has been talked about before, and I personally would be in favor of it, but some people argued that it would either be an overpowered training tactic, or not good enough, where simply training ID and OD separate weeks would still be more effective. Not sure if this would ever get implemented.

I am still neutral on the idea of a U23/U24 NT, but will be following this thread closely to see how my opinion changes.

Last edited by E.B.W. at 9/19/2014 1:08:20 AM

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
262750.21 in reply to 262750.1
Date: 9/19/2014 3:55:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with that

This Post:
262750.22 in reply to 262750.1
Date: 9/19/2014 8:50:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hope this idea gets implemented sooner rather than later.

it makes very good sense from all angles, has a ton of positives versus the unseen negatives

BB to prepare for its launching by Season 30? fair enough BBs? EGMs?

Advertisement