BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
281227.14 in reply to 281227.13
Date: 9/2/2016 10:47:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
How do we get people to train unique builds needed to play non-LI tactics? Are any of you training players for USA U21? If not, why? If the potential U21 manager, is not training how can they expect others to train for them?

This Post:
281227.16 in reply to 281227.15
Date: 9/2/2016 11:57:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
"Do you coaches that are running agree, or disagree; what would you do; start the player with way less tsp but higher two primary stats? Would you even add a unique build to the roster if there are players with better primary stat available?"

Depends on what the team composition is, and how well gameshape is managed amongst the core of the team.

If you were to assume that perhaps 11 players made up the core of the team, you would have room for 7 callups before it adversely affects the team. In most cases, a specialized player might actually be referring to different tactica approach that requires more than 1 player changing to make it work properly. So if thats the case, then you can really only afford two different setups outside of the core of your team before you're at 16-17 players and need to hold the callup for a potential injury.

Last season we got bombarded by Patient strategies from our opponents because we got exposed on our 2 and 3 OD bigs. So if nothing else there is at least some concern now that we can't have full-fledged donkey builds with little to no secondaries. As far as how far i'd be willing to drop primaries to play the alternative strategy? hard to say without having two direct players to analyze.

This Post:
281227.17 in reply to 281227.1
Date: 9/3/2016 7:52:49 PM
Upsyndrome
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
Hhmm. . .LebronWillReturn? Kobe024? SwaggyP3? LAH? Welp, I guess FurYak wins this this election by default. Although, he almost lost my vote with a name like "Tha Yimmy." I had no I idea who that was.

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago