Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
283881.15 in reply to 283881.14
Date: 12/18/2016 8:13:05 AM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
No one is arguing that training is impossible. What people are saying is that it is illogical to only allow 3, 6, 9, 12 players to be trained in a single skill each week. That makes no sense and needs changed. Every single change the BBs are making to "fix" the economy are a direct result of this issue.

This Post:
283881.17 in reply to 283881.16
Date: 12/18/2016 11:56:42 AM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't agree. The market has allready been low, the market has allready been full of nice players and you know what? The training was harder than now! So saying that the training is the consequence of all the diseases is wrong.

Moreover, I've read that the high market is a bad thing for new teams. Again I don't agree. An old team like me was able to stay season after season on top because it was easy for a winning team to renew his roster without losing in competitivity. In many countries you saw the same team champion again and again. Now the market is high, it's impossible, even the old and well-managed teams have to tank some seasons to rebuild a good roster (except in the micronations of course). The consequence is that we see (and we will see) more different champions.

Perhaps the market was stronger in the past. Let's examine why. It's been posted here that the user base was over 50,000 in Buzzerbeater's prime. There are currently 18,656 users. If every team was using 1 position training on 3 trainees that would give us:

Then
50,000 teams * 3 trainees/team = 150,000 trainees receiving full speed training.

Now
18,656 teams * 3 trainees/team = 55,968 trainees receiving full speed training.

This means that there are 63% less players receiving the fastest amount of training per season. So less players being trained, yet their is still demand for the same number of trainees as there was when their were 50,000 users. Further, there are still the same number of leagues in existence, actually more when you factor in Utopia, which means that their is the same amount, if not more, money in the Buzzerbeater.

This means that right now each team should be training 8 players at full speed training to provide the same number of trained players into the market.

Instead we have a scenario where only 1/3rd of the players needed are being trained.

Imagine what would happen to the prices on the transfer list if another 100,000 trained players were added into the market. Prices would plummet and all teams would be able to remain competitive. No more need to tank. No more need for boycotts or taxes on excess profits to remove money from the game.

I submit that the actual speed of training (i.e. the amount of time it takes for certain skills to pop) is fine. The problem that needs fixing is the 63% decrease in the number of players that can receive full speed training.

This Post:
283881.21 in reply to 283881.19
Date: 12/18/2016 1:34:06 PM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
What I want is to be able to train my PF's and C's in inside skills and PG's and SG's in outside skills at the same time. Instead I can only do one. And being in a country with a large user base that means a lot of losing until a team builds its arena, then acquires talent, then spends 2 calendar years training only 3 players. The another 2 calendar years training another 3 players.

That may work in a league with less than 200 users but it doesn't work in leagues with large numbers of users.

I certainly can see and understand why you don't see a problem with the status quo. You've been in the Top Division for 27 straight seasons, and often in B3 as well. Good for you. However I strongly believe that many long time users don't understand the problems that new teams face to even be slightly competitive. Things are vastly different now for new teams than they were 8 years ago.

Advertisement