BB Global (English) > Buzzerbeater Has Dominant Skill And Tactics Strategy

Buzzerbeater Has Dominant Skill And Tactics Strategy

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
292941.14 in reply to 292941.13
Date: 10/19/2019 4:51:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well all shots are tested against defense as they should or you get in trouble with way too low percentages in low divisions or way too high in upper divisions.

There are two possibilities. First all shots are calculated equally and only best quality shots are reported as open. Second GE determines if a shot is open or not and then does the calculations. If the first is true then it's most likelly just a representational bug within GE not the wiever while the calculations are still correct. In the second option it does sound like quite a huge bug sadlly.

I've gotten the impresion that GE is more or less a boogie man to the BBs and there's very little chance of fixing such bugs???

Last edited by Lonietas at 10/19/2019 4:52:36 AM

This Post:
292941.16 in reply to 292941.15
Date: 10/25/2019 11:49:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not an IT guy: I can code in VB and Python, but that's about it. They should have a test environment to try (and FIX) stuff and my understanding is they never had one. The GE is apparently tens of thousands on lines of code, it takes time to change anything to the point that it may be better to rewrite the GE altogether and of course not having the test environment means you can't troubleshoot. Bugs like the ones mentioned above are not necessarily easy to track down, as they may be due to a variety of reasons.