BB Global (English) > screw level 10 PR

screw level 10 PR

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
38369.14 in reply to 38369.13
Date: 07/16/2008 02:14:26
Overall Posts Rated:
yes. I do believe the PR manager indeed cussions the fall, but just as with doctors the effect can go unnoticed.

The more attendance you have, the bigger the effect of the fall will be, and the bigger the effect the PR manager will have on it.

It is quite possible that a lvl 10 PR only pays of if you normally have an attendance of 50000, who'll say?

I also forgot 1 thing when I mentioned attendance, offcourse also the Div you are in is important for your attendance.

As someone else also mentioned, the higher division, and the bigger the numbers of expenses and income get, the less impact the wage f the PR man has on the total picture, and probably the bigger the influence of him on attendance and merchandising...

Personnaly I honestly believe that lvl 10 staff can benefit for Div I only. In Div II I'd go for a lvl 9 trainer, and lvl 7 PR guy. I will not talk about doktors, since I feel about them the way you feel about PR managers, and I still have Max Paine in my squad!
For lower Divisions I'd keep the lvl 9 trainer, and lower the PR guy by at least 1 level per division

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38369.15 in reply to 38369.14
Date: 07/16/2008 02:55:42
Ares United
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Max Paine for the win ! Same here

This Post:
38369.16 in reply to 38369.14
Date: 07/16/2008 03:32:37
Overall Posts Rated:
as much as the impact of his salary is concern, its not about how much pay would get unnotice its about justifying the thing your paying.

even for lower division teams, if his working then reach the sealing of what probably could be the max of your market then we cant do nothing about it anymore.

but simply to see results such as 5k increase in merchandise sales, actually i thought of it and yes this should fall to the marketing expert since his just PR ( but i still think PR is also marketing ) and another if his doing his work whether its charity or volunteer or with any special events that includes basketball team then i would expect a slow increase in what i should be getting.

im not asking for a whooping 50 grand from the 35 grand sales i have then but for 3 weeks im with him the first week has a increase of 5k , then 4.76 k then 4.1k.

but your paying big bucks i mean 20K++ for this guy and your not seeing anything as results.

it would be nice to know if the effects of this is only for the season ticket holders to increase then i guess we got nothing else but wait till the season is over sicne he needs to work that long to get results.
i mean we just sit our ass and see what next season brings.

i dont think charging high on tickets for a team that really is competing and winning and is the division leader should be a reason, are the nba tickets prices same as when you are in los angeles and milwaukee or probably seattle? i think not!

This Post:
38369.17 in reply to 38369.16
Date: 07/16/2008 10:30:29
Overall Posts Rated:
but your paying big bucks i mean 20K++ for this guy and your not seeing anything as results.

Should the best staff members be the best ones (giving most when comparing to costs)? I mean, in my opinion it would even be a bit boring if that PR10 guy was the best option every time.

This Post:
38369.18 in reply to 38369.17
Date: 07/16/2008 11:51:50
Overall Posts Rated:
are we talkng about real life here or what?

this is a game, the level is an indication of what he can do

This Post:
38369.19 in reply to 38369.18
Date: 07/16/2008 11:55:27
Overall Posts Rated:
are we talkng about real life here or what?

The PR guys in BB. At least I am.

this is a game, the level is an indication of what he can do

Of course level 10 PR should bring you more money than level 5 PR.

But if the difference in the wages is 10k, I don't think it would be good if that in every situation with every team the level 10 PR would get you over 10k more than level 5 PR.

This Post:
38369.20 in reply to 38369.19
Date: 07/16/2008 13:26:55
Overall Posts Rated:
what! the difference your trying to wager here and explain goes to a lot of factors

it includes the type of division you have, your arena size, your team etc

come on man! this is going no where

This Post:
38369.21 in reply to 38369.20
Date: 07/16/2008 13:41:47
Overall Posts Rated:
I still stay of the opinion that it should NOT be obvious you get your money back (and more) from the staff members.

if this was the case, everyone would just hire a level 10, because they know they will get the money they spend back (and more), that can't be the intention.

This is just the same as saying get rid of all the skills, and just make players like: PG level 1, or SG level 3 or PF level 2 and so on. The higher the level the better the player. This is realy boring. Everyone can easely calculate what is best, and won't have to take any chances when choosing.

It shouldn't be too obvious what is the best choice, this brings diversity, and fun to the game.
If we would like a calculable game, we'd go play sudoku.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.

This Post:
38369.22 in reply to 38369.20
Date: 07/16/2008 14:06:18
Overall Posts Rated:
what! the difference your trying to wager here and explain goes to a lot of factors

it includes the type of division you have, your arena size, your team etc

come on man! this is going no where

Read the post above, it's well-explained in it. Practically the same thing I wanted to say.

PS. I find it amusing that you have level 10 PR even though you don't think it's worth it.

This Post:
38369.23 in reply to 38369.21
Date: 07/16/2008 14:10:56
Overall Posts Rated:
if your trying to telll that a level 7 or 8 guy is better than a lvel 10 in performance at times then its funny that we even indicated the level just to have diversity

why not get rid of it and so we are going to gamble and have that so called diverdity of yours.

same as skills if he has level 9 he would probably be btter to perform than a level 6 or 7.

if your telling me that things here are not calculable then i dont how our game engine codes reacts to this with a certain codes that are really mix up! no wonder our server needs to be check up once in a while.

you know same as real life, you pay someone to do some work and some would perfrom better than your current hire, but all im saying if your satisfied with what that employee is doing then you keep em if not then fire him. you have to get your money's worth.

i dont know how you manage your team, but it seems you dont mind paying extra for not having results and besides your winning so it covers your cost! to even say not obvious you get your money back how do we quantify that . . . .

isnt it a goal for everyteam to get the best staff possible so he could benefit from the skill and contribution of that staff? especially for those high division teams?

dont say its boring because its a fact that how things goes, you want the best you pay high, meaning if example you got a young team would you try a young coach without exprience ( lower level ) to someone who has winning record, great motivator, has a layout of how to develop players but surely he will ask much than the young coach who has nothing.

same goes for a team that needs awesome players to win, just add or 2 to them and surely they will be strong.

but results would show since they are winning more games, now that is what i mean there has to be some results to be seen im not expecting a boston tea house party here just give me something to justify a freaking faggot level 10 PR guy.

now lets not get the analogy of the portland jailblazers, or new york knicks etc we are talking on one man here! his only one he got no PR team ( who knows ) so he cant work effectively ?

This Post:
38369.24 in reply to 38369.23
Date: 07/16/2008 14:33:17
Overall Posts Rated:
if your trying to telll that a level 7 or 8 guy is better than a lvel 10 in performance at times then its funny that we even indicated the level just to have diversity

In my opinion it's only good that some managers can make better choices than other ones. That's how the differences between teams will come.

same as skills if he has level 9 he would probably be btter to perform than a level 6 or 7.

Of course he would be better, but would he be so much better that he would be worth the extra wage... That's the interesting question manager should think about when hiring a PR guy...

Advertisement