Help - English > Extr scrimmage

Extr scrimmage

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
41431.14 in reply to 41431.11
Date: 8/11/2008 4:25:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As a GM, than please explain to all off us, what the reasoning is behind 5th place missing out on the extra training? It is always easy to say "If it was something they felt was broken, they'd fix it." It is a huge disadventage and a very unfair one. I can see the fact that the top 4 teams should get an advantage for reaching the playoffs, well dont they get extra match income? That is already a big enough advantage. Also, in real life, would a team missing out on playoff relegation games stop training? I very much doubt it. It is a flaw, and a huge disadvantage and most off all very unrealistic.

On top off that, I can understand why BB wouldn´t want to fix it either. How many 5th placed teams are there, especially 5th placed teams that are seriously enough playing BB to realise this is happening. Very few, so why fix something for only a handfull off people, when they are surely loads off other "more important" things to fix??

This Post:
41431.15 in reply to 41431.14
Date: 8/11/2008 4:30:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As a GM, than please explain to all off us, what the reasoning is behind 5th place missing out on the extra training?

a gm is not a BB, he is a volunter who helps to organize it, but has no deeper knowledge about the game or coming changes then a normal user could have.

This Post:
41431.16 in reply to 41431.15
Date: 8/11/2008 7:37:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i understand this. i didnt ask him to explain the game, just what reasoning he has that the 5th placed teams from all the teams in league have to miss out on training and extra income.

This Post:
41431.17 in reply to 41431.16
Date: 8/11/2008 7:42:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And this was one point, he knows as much like an normal user ;)

GM are something like mods(for the game not the forum), but they don't have more informations like you and me. And if he wirites his opion it ain't more important like mine or your ... And if i read your post i think you give more importance about his opion just because of the gm, and this is missleading.

This Post:
41431.18 in reply to 41431.17
Date: 8/11/2008 1:11:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And this was one point, he knows as much like an normal user ;)

GM are something like mods(for the game not the forum), but they don't have more informations like you and me. And if he wirites his opion it ain't more important like mine or your ... And if i read your post i think you give more importance about his opion just because of the gm, and this is missleading.

in a way you are right. Yet GMs become GMs mostly because of their activity, dedication and their way of handling things. Because of this they know a little more then an average user simply because they spend more time in the game, and read a lot more about it that way then average users do.
There are a users who know just as much, or even more though, like you for instance, because you also read a lot of forum posts and get tons of info there, and are very very active to stay up to date on the latest news. The flaw in your text is that you say any other user. ;)

But when it comes to official information, or info about the game, you are right, we know just as much as any other user could know, should he go looking for that info.

Now to answer the question of Astrogoth: it is not true there are just a few 5th placed teams who notice this, and complaint about it.
In fact there are 2 teams in every 16 teams who finish in 5th place, and that is quite a big part of users, and yes most of them realise the drawbacks of finishing 5th, and yes this is a complaint that comes back season after season.

You wanted to know why BBs don't find they should change it yet? the answer is there for grabbing, the only diffrence between 5th placed teams and lower placed teams. The fact they are safe from relegation. It seems BB finds the fact you are safe from relegation worth the loss of income and training.
If you feel otherwise, it is your task as manager of your team to direct your team away from that fifth place. It depends on how important you find it not to finish in that spot that will lead to your decisions to wanting to win or loose some of your final games of the season.
The fact is that it is written in the rules which teams play which games when finishing in which spots. It is possible you didn't read it, and that's okay, anyone is free to play, whether he read the rules or not, but if not someone could expect a surprise or two along the way when playing.
Maybe you did read them, but didn't realise the impact at that time...
Now you learned about it anyway, and you can take it into account for next season.

BBs aren't all "what we want will happen" either. If a big majority of the users finds something needs to change, they will change it, but if part calls for a change, and another part calls to keep it the way it is, then there must be a very good reason who they will want to change it. So far there are complaints, but there are also a lot of people who are happy they are safe from relegation, and are willing to sacrifice training and some revenue for it.

I hope this answer is satisfactory for you. If you still have questions about this topic, feel free to ask.

PS: JuicePats does not reply because he is on holidays, and not because he didn't want to. So I figured I'd jump in for him to produce the answer ;). Should I have answered wrong, I'm sure I be rewarded with an other thread in his fed.

Last edited by Lord of Doom at 8/11/2008 1:13:16 PM

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
41431.19 in reply to 41431.11
Date: 8/12/2008 11:48:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
srry, im new to the game, I was wondering if you got any money from playing scrimmages or is it just there to get experience? Thanks.

This Post:
41431.21 in reply to 41431.18
Date: 8/13/2008 4:34:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
thanks alot... this was the kind off answer i was expecting to get and not just something along the lines, it is like it is because it is like that :) you overexceeded my expectation in answering my question so thanks alot for spending the time on answering my question.

If thats the reasoning behind 5th place loosing out and BB wont change it in the near future, than you are right, it is up to me not to end 5th :) I am a team in building and lost the last so many games on purpose to get a better draft position. Coming season I will try and end in the relegation playoff zone. Good draft choices and the extra training should make it worthwhile...

Again thanks for the info and good luck for you in season 6.

This Post:
41431.22 in reply to 41431.21
Date: 8/13/2008 1:38:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
you're welcome.

and thanks, I'll need it!

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
41431.23 in reply to 41431.1
Date: 8/14/2008 5:18:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is a design conflict.

If they followed real life, few teams would be involved in the later stages of the playoffs. IRL, once a team is eliminated from the playoffs, their fans focus on other things, like baseball. Most basketball fans don't know whether the Lakers or Spurs won the NBA championship this year.

But in a game like BB, this could be disastrous. If someone goes a week or two without participating, they get out of the habit. They might skip a week during the season, and suddenly realize it was actually two weeks.

Originally, BB didn't have any arranged scrimmages. This meant that 5th and 8th place teams would go 3 weeks with only one game per week. This was considered especially unfair since the 6th and 7th place teams might get 3 games, and often with no risk of relegation. The Saturday scrimmage partially makes up for this, and for most team makes an identifiable off-season, without having owners getting out of the habit of logging in.

Currently the 6 non-finalists only miss one game. It would probably be fairer to switch the relegation playoffs to a single game. This would mean that 4 of the bottom 8 would miss a single game, and 4 would miss two games, but always have two games per week.