All-Star Votes?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
66644.14 in reply to 66644.13
Date: 1/3/2009 8:41:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why?

There's a reason that people from every sport are complaining about how their all-star games are being done. Maybe BB can lead by example and have all-star games where the best players at each position are the ones who are actually in the all-star game.

This Post:
66644.15 in reply to 66644.14
Date: 1/3/2009 8:45:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why?

There's a reason that people from every sport are complaining about how their all-star games are being done. Maybe BB can lead by example and have all-star games where the best players at each position are the ones who are actually in the all-star game.

If you're gunning for realism, you have it.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
66644.17 in reply to 66644.6
Date: 1/4/2009 4:18:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
what i said wasn´t a complaint, but I am sure you got that. after a few seasons we now all know that the amount off minutes played is very important or atleast we should know... So if you want your player to play in the all star game and think he is good enough, make sure he plays enough minutes.

Getting back to allen iverson, lebron james or who else you want to pick. They all play a lot off minutes. I am very certain that noone in the whole history off the nba was picked that wasnt a main player eg someone that played a lot off minutes. If you translate my guys playing 48 minutes a week in 1 game that would mean somewhere between 16 and 12 minutes per game in the NBA. Please someone that dislikes the current system point me out to someone that plays so few minutes in the nba and made it into the all star game...

If you ask my opinion, the nba all star voting is perfectly correct and very realistic and in the future I am sure the full starting 5 will be from my team :)

Last edited by Astragoth at 1/4/2009 4:18:38 AM

This Post:
66644.18 in reply to 66644.16
Date: 1/4/2009 4:18:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have to say... I've really always liked the idea of the all-star game in BB and I also like the setup, but something has to be done about the all-star voting.

Every single season it's ridiculous. In my division I count one, maybe two of the positions were voted properly and the rest make no sense. I'd be interested in knowing how the all-stars are selected. It obviously has something to do with minutes played being the key factor.

Minutes and stats, I think. Player rating might have a small influence as well.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
66644.19 in reply to 66644.18
Date: 1/4/2009 4:21:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
it cant be stats nor ratings and if they are they have a very small influence. look at my outside players and compare them to the other players. my shooting % are equal or better. and my player ratings are equal or better than the guys that were picked. I am not upset this happened, i just have to make sure they play more to make it into the allstar team, which won´t happen because training for now is much more important...

This Post:
66644.20 in reply to 66644.19
Date: 1/4/2009 4:23:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
it cant be stats nor ratings and if they are they have a very small influence. look at my outside players and compare them to the other players. my shooting % are equal or better. and my player ratings are equal or better than the guys that were picked. I am not upset this happened, i just have to make sure they play more to make it into the allstar team, which won´t happen because training for now is much more important...

Stats might be weighed by minutes played in some way, so given equal contribution, a player who plays 30mpg will get more votes than someone who plays 20.

And I don't think shooting percentages are the most important stat: I imagine it might be as little as points, rebounds and assists.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
66644.22 in reply to 66644.21
Date: 1/4/2009 4:52:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So than I guess all this translates down to one thing...

Do you want a proper training regime or do you want to try and win all the time giving your star players top minutes and sacrificing training to a degree.

It seems the way that the current all-star lineups are generated, a team that is focusing hard on training a group of players will not have their players present in the AS game even if they are better than the ones chosen. It seems that presently the all-star game rewards managers that don't work as hard at training, game shape etc... instead the teams that put out the same lineup evey game.

Obviously, they still have to put in the stats and performance, which is kind of challenging with low gameshape, and lack of money for roster upgrades.

This Post:
66644.23 in reply to 66644.22
Date: 1/4/2009 5:37:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In general most teams in the NBA and BB give their star players the most minutes. The teams that don´t for whatever reason and whether it hurts their team or not (this is not relevant to whether a player made it in the BB play offs and what this thread is all about), shouldn´t be suprised that the fans (who vote for the all star team) know little about players that play less minutes and therefore don´t get picked.

The NBA all star vote is not only a pick who is the best player, unfortunatelly it is also a pick who is most favorite under the fans... Again, cant be known and therefore favorite among the fans if you play little or less than other players...

ps my players didnt get picked because they didnt play enough. either i play them more or accept they wont get picked. this counts for the other managers as well, whos better players missed out...

Last edited by Astragoth at 1/4/2009 5:38:49 AM

This Post:
66644.24 in reply to 66644.23
Date: 1/4/2009 7:17:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If what you say it is right, that I do not doubt at all, how come the 3rd Shooting guard in votes in my league (4208507) , has only played 2 games with my team as I signed him very recently, and he almost made it to the All Star Game.

Any ideas anyone?

PS. The second most voted shooting guard (4556524) is from my team as well, it may have had something to do with that?

Advertisement