Help - English > hyper-inflation?

hyper-inflation?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
268635.141 in reply to 268635.137
Date: 4/14/2015 3:43:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not sure what your point was there, Manon. We should quote entire lengthy posts and let the reader guess what we are referring to instead of zeroing in to the small section we are responding to? Not quote a post at all and really let the reader guess? I think we are agreeing that negative attitudes in the forums turn off the reader, but does that apply to constructive suggestions as well, like limiting the cash in the game or enhancing the TL?

This Post:
268635.142 in reply to 268635.138
Date: 4/14/2015 3:55:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Word! For the few of us who still train, this thread is painful to read through. Regardless of the intention, it comes across as if to say, "Hey, let's tax the guys who are solving the problem we keep complaining about because they likely have too much cash on hand!"

At the end of the day, this huge problem (albeit only for a select few) is easily resolved through training, but the complainers don't want to invest the time into training, so better to complain about it day after day in the forums
~ steve teriyaki

Training alone cant solve all team issues. in the top league they can not train, maybe except 1 player depending how the league looks. Training and buying go hand and hand. Both way make money and create success for the ball club.

So I'm not saying Bb is going down the drain or none of that. I'm just saying be careful what you wish for, because everyone suffer together once you get your wish. A trainer manager is not better than manager that buy or vise versa.. The majority of great champions on this game bought players to win and to play BB. Some trained few to go so far but all of them bought more than they trained.

Let not try eliminate those who don't follow the same path as you followed. BB Marin need to inject fun in BB. all this tax and etc is not fun. Who wants sit here and talk about tax and all this other stuff ,after they get off work.

I'm come to Bb to relax. So yes it a turn off, but what I wont allow is other to ruin the game or one side it and take freedom of choices that people had to start. attacking some one saving account putting limits on what they can earn. that's way to extreme. The thing is place for each division for team works.

For that issues, I think everyone should fight for that freedom to save and spend how they choose. And if some don't like to see it, then don't come bringing those type of crazy ideas up to hinder other ways of play for your benefits or unjust advantages .

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 4/14/2015 4:11:51 PM

This Post:
268635.143 in reply to 268635.139
Date: 4/14/2015 4:01:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
am willing to entertain the notion that the inflation is a real, significant problem and not something that flared up because of a spike in users in a highly competitive new market combined with years of neglect of training players for lower levels.
Ok let me dispel some misunderstanding here, otherwise you'll keep throwing this kind of reasoning at people without even noticing the underlying basic fallacy.

Please answer this: when prices were falling 3-5 years ago (that's pretty much the date of those 2 threads you managed to dig up) who exactly do you think was training/had trained all those players being cheaply sold into the market? The fairies? Or perhaps they had been trained by managers back then as well? And since you claim people were not training lower potential players, maybe 3-5 years ago all the trainees were Superstar potential or better?

Let's be clear about this: the world you so much like to portray where the majority does not train and just banks the profits or actively tanks does not exist. The majority of managers trains players and even those who are just banking profits usually train someon. Look no further than Manon. Perhaps you have numbers to support your point of view, but so far you just gave us your very personal view of the situation.

I don't believe and am probably past the point of considering free agency as a real solution, because if the goal is user retention, a solution that requires users to leave faster than they come in is no solution at all.
While we're at it let's dispel another myth. Managers choose to avoid training lower potential players because they are just not cool. The game limit the number of players by design. Since the majority of managers trains players, how do you suppose they choose who to train? A trainee with higher potential is not inherently evil, he simply can be trained for a little longer than a lower potential one. And even assuming you only do 2 position training all the time, you only need 6 draftees in 4-6 seasons (sometimes even more). That's 6 guys out of 12-18 you draft, but for most people it's like 2-3 draftees out of those 12-18. Again this is by game design, not because some managers are evil.

Perhaps you should just go around supporting Mike Franks proposed overhaul of the training system, as that's presumably the easiest way bad potential players are ever going to get training by game design.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 4/14/2015 4:13:54 PM

This Post:
268635.144 in reply to 268635.107
Date: 4/14/2015 9:30:32 PM
Kinky Koalas
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Down Under Drop Bears
When we had those ridiculously low prices on the transfer there were a lot of teams that just skipped training entirely and set training to game shape all season long.

...or freethrows.

This Post:
268635.146 in reply to 268635.144
Date: 4/14/2015 10:13:29 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not posting as often as I used to because it's hard to post when The Man is using every post against me. Yo, Man, get off my back. Fight The Man! The Man must be destroyed! I will be The Man! Nevermind that last part, you never saw it.

Anyway, I agree that training is the best way to deal with market fluctuations. If you have a plan for training, you can afford to be patient and only spend when you need to.

I think I noticed the market go down when the overextension tax was implemented and there was a sudden drop in bigtime spending and I do think a number of managers must have gotten better training when training suddenly mattered again. But since then the market has adjusted, and the main factors pushing the market back up are mainly from a lower supply of players placed on the TL. Here's why I think this has happened:

- Because managers want to avoid the overextension tax, we are often hanging on to our trainees to keep up the training exemption side of the tax equation, especially for our higher trained salaries.

- The total number of managers has been decreasing, which means fewer players transfer listed by humans. (I don't get how the numbers are going down, I've been here since Season 4 and I still love this game. This IS the real world.)

- The farm teams seem to be much rarer than the old days.

I personally like it when training is the best option for having the best players because I get more attached to my players. I talk to my friend about them (okay, I don't really have a friend), I name my children after them, and I make bobblehead dolls that look like them. I don't get tattoos of my players, though, The Man has too many labels on me there's no room left. I hate The Man. I will be the greatest The Man ever one day. I didn't mean to type that, ignore that.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
268635.147 in reply to 268635.145
Date: 4/15/2015 4:16:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
then I'm sorry, but you and also Perpete should refrain from posting.
Read the personal attacks from these 2 users, including calling or implying that others were stupid, while being also wrong in their statements (as you actually also pointed out in your post) and tell me how you'd describe those comments. You know why I was allowed to use that tone? Because it was in no way worse, in tone or the level of personal animosity, than Alec Burke or Perpete. If it's fair game for them it's fair game for everyone, especially since they were also incorrect in their remarks (paying players's salaries is a contribution to the game economy, affect upfront prices in the TL, it simply does not involve any cash transfer between managers).

I'm not sure how someone would even come up with something so smart.
The argument that there is inflation in real life does not really fit here because inflation in real life affects prices across the board. In the game only 1 part is inflated, but other expenses and more importantly revenues are fixed. The point was not particularly smart, because just looking at the numbers in the NBA revenues have grown much more than the players' salaries in the last 30 years. You brought up numbers conveniently forgetting others. Then if you want to argue that your point was actually smart, by all means explain to us with numbers how the NBA has seen an increase in salaries, while revenues and staff are still at mid 80s level.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 4/15/2015 4:29:50 AM

This Post:
268635.148 in reply to 268635.146
Date: 4/15/2015 4:22:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Good post, I wholeheartedly agree with your points.

This Post:
268635.151 in reply to 268635.149
Date: 4/15/2015 6:38:57 AM
Kinky Koalas
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Down Under Drop Bears
The internet, and the world in general is full of morons who are most notably morons for the simple fact they are too stupid to realize how stupid they are. These idiots provide a foundation for frustration and confusion for the average person who is still, on the whole, pretty darn stupid.

I find this hilarious and sad. In my life, I've spoken with a lot of different people and sat (or stood) and listened to a lot of different conversations. So so so so so many people have this exact same thought of the rest of the world, but not themselves. Everyone is stupid... Except the person who's saying it.

I don't agree. I think that people lack humility, yes, and people are focused on being right, yes, but stupidity is not the reason for the flamewars. The reasons are simple: a lack of humility and Confirmation Bias (a concept everyone should look up).

I only make a comment because I feel that the "everyone else is stupid" argument is not just pointless, but detrimental to any kind of getting along, anywhere, and in any context.

I do like your points about Keyboard Warriors, though.

I'm curious, too. Are you trying to win by DTing?

Advertisement