BB Global (English) > Ask The BBs

Ask The BBs (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
208622.142 in reply to 208622.140
Date: 2/21/2012 4:47:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I encourage every MOD ,GM, to clean and close the treat and leave it in the important .

This Post:
208622.143 in reply to 208622.141
Date: 2/21/2012 4:59:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Somebody should build a good outside team and win B3...I think that would shake the BB enviroment pretty heavily.

Ask 99% of BB3 managers & they will laugh at this suggestion.

I've sat and read this thread thinking I'd learn something new about the future of BB.

All that has been confirmed is that we have come too far with the existing formulas to back-track & it is now even recommended to save in order to 'buy' a trophy..... (but of course tanking doesn't work)

Once you've saved, you can be safe to play LI, M2M as no-one will believe the BB's & train SB & in 2 seasons time we'll be at the exact same position as we are with a few GE tweaks & stats to show that the game is evolving.

I have to say its gotta be tough for the BB's now.... whatever new decisions are made risk upsetting some of the users... I just feel by not taking the risk to make new decisions that they are risking more.

This Post:
208622.144 in reply to 208622.143
Date: 2/21/2012 5:06:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You could have aswell read the thread and understood that the current lopsidededness is just a "herd phenomenon" and that the BB engine opens up different ways of winning the game aswell, building and training teams with a greater focus on JR and SB and using it in the right way to stop and "shoot down" the inside teams. If you want to find a black sign, your own shadow on the wall is often enough ...

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
208622.147 in reply to 208622.144
Date: 2/21/2012 5:34:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree - and my initial comment couldve been phrased more diplomatically.

It will take a very brave manager to buck the trend & build an outside team that will be able to dominate BB3. But given the salary formula for JR (needed for outside game & for SB to block your opponent) you are probably needing to save for even longer before making your move.

I maintain that the decision in season 4 to allow micro-nations to exist has been the cause of many difficult future decisions. You simply cannot appease everyone & as a result many future decisions are more difficult to make. Micro-nations can save & hoard faster than those in a bigger nation but we need to spend more to compete on a global level as our TV revenue & significantly less chance of drafting local players that will eventually be worthy of getting game time mean we will always lag behind.

That said, it has been stated that saving to succeed is a valid and condoned strategy in the eyes of the BB's. Probably not what everyone wants to read & 'herd phenomenon' or not, to disprove this you now have to go against the advice of the makers of the game which leads me to conclude that it aint just my shadow that is black.

This Post:
208622.148 in reply to 208622.118
Date: 2/21/2012 5:35:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I appreciate you dedicated your time to answer all those questions, i also understand that you are working on many things, so thanks for paying attention here.

About your answer, i'm really worried you can consider ''tanking'' a ''long term strategy''.

It's NOT a long term strategy in terms of competition it's like a ''virus'' that is damaging the health of the competition.

I know you havent time, but if you can take a look to some leagues, you will see that tanking now is the best option to be succeed. Teams that tanked in div1, demotes to div2 and then goes back to div1 with a stronger roster&economy than they had(and now having a bonus for promoting).
Maybe their income from the arena is not good(when they demote), but since they tanked all the last season they have enough money to pay the most expensive roster of the league. And this that happens in Div1, happens too on DivII.

------------------------------------------

If BB's makes the managers train on 1 way(doing it by how the formula of salary affects us) they should also encourages us to compete instead to say us that doing a stand by is just a good long term strategy.

We just demand 2 things;

-High increase of salary floor

- Change the play-off incomes including the 5th position income.

Last edited by Marot at 2/21/2012 5:38:28 AM

Advertisement