BB Global (English) > Ask The BBs

Ask The BBs (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
208622.147 in reply to 208622.144
Date: 2/21/2012 5:34:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree - and my initial comment couldve been phrased more diplomatically.

It will take a very brave manager to buck the trend & build an outside team that will be able to dominate BB3. But given the salary formula for JR (needed for outside game & for SB to block your opponent) you are probably needing to save for even longer before making your move.

I maintain that the decision in season 4 to allow micro-nations to exist has been the cause of many difficult future decisions. You simply cannot appease everyone & as a result many future decisions are more difficult to make. Micro-nations can save & hoard faster than those in a bigger nation but we need to spend more to compete on a global level as our TV revenue & significantly less chance of drafting local players that will eventually be worthy of getting game time mean we will always lag behind.

That said, it has been stated that saving to succeed is a valid and condoned strategy in the eyes of the BB's. Probably not what everyone wants to read & 'herd phenomenon' or not, to disprove this you now have to go against the advice of the makers of the game which leads me to conclude that it aint just my shadow that is black.

This Post:
208622.148 in reply to 208622.118
Date: 2/21/2012 5:35:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I appreciate you dedicated your time to answer all those questions, i also understand that you are working on many things, so thanks for paying attention here.

About your answer, i'm really worried you can consider ''tanking'' a ''long term strategy''.

It's NOT a long term strategy in terms of competition it's like a ''virus'' that is damaging the health of the competition.

I know you havent time, but if you can take a look to some leagues, you will see that tanking now is the best option to be succeed. Teams that tanked in div1, demotes to div2 and then goes back to div1 with a stronger roster&economy than they had(and now having a bonus for promoting).
Maybe their income from the arena is not good(when they demote), but since they tanked all the last season they have enough money to pay the most expensive roster of the league. And this that happens in Div1, happens too on DivII.

------------------------------------------

If BB's makes the managers train on 1 way(doing it by how the formula of salary affects us) they should also encourages us to compete instead to say us that doing a stand by is just a good long term strategy.

We just demand 2 things;

-High increase of salary floor

- Change the play-off incomes including the 5th position income.

Last edited by Marot at 2/21/2012 5:38:28 AM

Message deleted
Message deleted

This Post:
208622.156 in reply to 208622.148
Date: 2/21/2012 6:29:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
We should try and build positively on the disappointment that is slowly growing.
I fully agree with the point you are making. The suggestions forum is ridden with small, unuseful, trivial changes when they are not completely clueless and senseless.

The true issues are lost in this swamp and not talked about anymore and forgotten, relegated to the shadows. We are all tired of debatting on them and maybe sometimes too inflexible and unyielding to have a good discussion that leads somewhere. It's our fault too.

A few important reforms are needed. I am sure a large part of the community could agree on them and even come up with proper, feasible and sensible solutions.

I want to thank Marin because he has spent time and answered questions well but it's just that what he was allowed to tell was not what an active part of the forum community was expecting.

This Post:
208622.157 in reply to 208622.126
Date: 2/21/2012 6:32:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
guard 1: 17 in all guard skills, except 10 JR, 7 in all inside skills -> $212308
guard 2: 17 in all guard skills, except 10 DR, 7 in all inside skills -> $225755

center 1: 7 in all guard skills, 17/17/17/10 inside -> $260954
center 2: 7 in all guard skills, 10/17/17/17 inside -> $167936

This example is just not fair. The first ones are not SG, one is a PG.

Last edited by Biffo (*DT Member) at 2/21/2012 6:38:10 AM

Advertisement