Suggestions > U15-19 team

U15-19 team

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
220768.15 in reply to 220768.14
Date: 6/26/2012 9:49:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You'd get about what you get in draft now, or not even that.

And that's the problem for me. If the draft, which is highly random does not give you the possibility to have better players that you can have with this "junior team" system, then the draft become useless.
In fact, we would trade the NBA system against the FIBA system.

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage
This Post:
220768.21 in reply to 220768.1
Date: 6/27/2012 1:12:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let us be real here. There have been many suggestions about adding another league that would be sort of like a PL. Or something along the lines of this one, but the reality is that these ideas have almost no chance of being implemented. If people want more games the only way I could see it happening is via another international type tournament that would run on Wednesday and not include teams in B3. Im not sure how this tournament would be formatted(Top 2048/4196 teams not in B3, play a Country Cup like tournament), but this is getting offtopic. If people are not looking for another game and have other motives, adding another type of league or such is not going to be the answer.

This suggestion could increase farm accounts as well.

Anyways, I do not think BB is going to be making too many huge changes to the game or adding too many huge features to it.

Just my 2 cents, ill go back to lurking and making a minor suggestion every now and then.

This Post:
220768.22 in reply to 220768.21
Date: 6/27/2012 6:21:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
How many people here are the same height they were when they were 15? 16? 17? 18?

I guess a point I'm trying to make, is I was not 7'0 tall my freshmen year of HS. A problem I see with this idea. Is that the players heights... heights which do effect training. Would already be pre-determined.

If not pre-determined... how would growth rate be calculated? Would everyone grow same rate? Would it be random?

Also, I agree that this system would not work with the draft system, so it'd have to be one or the other.

This Post:
220768.23 in reply to 220768.22
Date: 6/27/2012 7:13:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If not pre-determined... how would growth rate be calculated? Would everyone grow same rate? Would it be random?

maybe you can take an estimate, which can be done by doctors quite accurat even in the young years.

ven with 18 people can get taller, and we don't have it here so at least for me that unrealism wouldn't disturb me.

A youth academie would be a huge project, but a project i really like since i believe that the draft system lacks in a system with promotion and demotion.

This Post:
220768.25 in reply to 220768.24
Date: 6/27/2012 7:55:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually it could be possible to have a joint system.

Keep the Draft as it is as of now, and call it "Nationwide Talent Draft", where you can get a player by "scouting".

Add a youth academy system, which fulfills two key points:

A talent going through 3 years of youth academy has to be overall MORE EXPENSIVE than the average draftee.

Add some randomness to the development of the skills in between age 15 - 18. While it is hard enough to judge on talent when they are "out of school", we all know it´s a big gamble when they are almost toddlers. Still, because of the excellent personal care for the players, each player will progress on "1-Position-Training" ratio even though the full team is trained - still, each Lvl. of the Academy has it´s limitations (ratio based on the Training Speed for a 18 year old on the Pro-Roster).

So something like that:

LVL 5 Scout Mastermind 5k per Week / Initial Cost 500k
LVL 4 Youth Academy 15 3k per Week / Initial Cost 300k / 50% Training Effect
LVL 3 Youth Academy 16 5k per Week / Initial Cost 250k / 60% Training Effect
LVL 2 Youth Academy 17 8k per Week / Initial Cost 200k / 70% Training Effect
LVL 1 Youth Academy 18 10k per Week / Initial Cost 150k / 80% Training Effect

You have to build any stage before it "starts working", and of course you have to start at Lvl. 1.

Each Lvl can hold up to 5 prospects.

You get "new faces" 3 Times a year (Week One, Week Five, Week Nine), one of each age BUT none aged 18 (because those already applied for the draft). So you can fill your LVL 1 Academy with Draftees or bought 18 year olds only.

You get no clear impression about talent and size, only the beloved "ball system" when the new guys apply.

You have the option to train a "bunch" of sets, like "OD, Range, Passing", "JS, Dr, Handling", "Reb, ID, IS, Blocking", but you cannot specify which exact skills to train. You can change training 3 Times a Season (guess! Week One, Week 5, Week 9...).

Hiring the Scout Mastermind, you get a clear view at talent, and the overall talent level of your applying newbies slightly increases.

If all your slots are filled, but you want to grab a new talent, you have to sack another already on your squad.

Players leave your last stage of Academy aged 19! You can send an age 18 rookie to the Academy 18 for one year of "education". When players leave Academy 18 at seasons end, they automatically become part of your roster, unless you sack them while still at school.

The Initial Range for the Starting Skills has to be adopted so that useful players appear when going through he system. It is not meant to breed perfect superstars, this has to be done on the squad, still a useful prospect should be what you get when pulling the right strings.

Last edited by LA-seelenjaeger at 6/27/2012 8:07:12 AM

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
Advertisement