Suggestions > Stop Newbies from Bidding on Monsters & Suggestions

Stop Newbies from Bidding on Monsters & Suggestions

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
229459.17 in reply to 229459.15
Date: 11/8/2012 3:42:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That is an interesting idea. Not a salary cap but an individual cap. I think this should be a limit on buying not keeping because we don't want people to have to get rid of their trainee. Worthy of exploration.

This Post:
229459.19 in reply to 229459.1
Date: 11/9/2012 4:33:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Stop Newbies from Bidding on Monsters

I strongly disagree with this kind of rules from a philosophical general point of view.

Let people make mistakes.
Fire burns and there is no better way to learn it than to experience it.
Okay, okay, it's much too dangerous so rules can be made to prevent these particular cases :)
But bidding on monsters is harmless.

Making mistakes is part of the process of learning.
I hate with passion rules set up under the pretense of protecting me. Leave me alone.
If I make bad mistakes, I badly need to learn. Don't take this away from me.

Cheers,
Have fun !

This Post:
229459.21 in reply to 229459.19
Date: 11/9/2012 10:58:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's why the restriction would only be there for a short time. Make all the mistakes you want after a few weeks but it's just too easy to wipe out early and then not come back.

This Post:
229459.22 in reply to 229459.21
Date: 11/9/2012 11:41:27 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I actually support the idea of starting new managers on a sort of "probation" for two reasons.
First, as is the general theme of this thread, is that it prevents new players from wrecking their finances on day one.
Second, more my GM perspective on things, is it would probably prevent some attempts at cheating. If there is a 30-day period that prevents a new manager from spending, say, more than 75% of their current weekly TV contract revenue on a single player, and then somebody wants to create a second team to buy a player they just put on the TL, then they're just going to have to plan a month in advance before listing the player so that their illegal team can get past the probation period before bidding a large amount. This will filter out some of the potential cheaters since many cheaters are impatient and won't wait.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
229459.23 in reply to 229459.19
Date: 11/9/2012 4:38:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hate with passion rules set up under the pretense of protecting me. Leave me alone.
If I make bad mistakes, I badly need to learn. Don't take this away from me.

So you disagree with seat belts, traffic lights, speed limits etc? They can still drive but just be led to drive safely.

This Post:
229459.24 in reply to 229459.23
Date: 11/10/2012 3:54:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In case you are not kidding, help, you are one of them ! ;p

You are not comparing these serious issues with bidding on monsters, are you ?
Don't bask in this awful intellectual conformism pleeease :)
You are a miracle like every other human being.
Don't let the real world eat your brain :)

If you're kidding, well, you got me :)

Chihorn, your "cheater" argument can be heard but it is still annoyingly using a loosely related problem to forward a point of view. Sorry, this sentence sounds awkward even to my ears... er fingers...

How many cases of players wrecking their finances on day one ? Are they really genuinely interested players ? It sounds like what one would do by joining, having a walk around the site, then trolling. The very few who had truly made the mistake are not numerous enough to require a rule. And it is not a favour made to them. Besides nothing is wrecked for ever, certainly not on day 1 and there is always the possibility to start afresh. Many top team players have started anew, it is not a cataclysm and the probabilty to survive it is very high.

Advertisement