BB USA > Training Draftees

Training Draftees

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
242849.15 in reply to 242849.14
Date: 7/13/2013 12:12:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I apologize If I am coming across as condescending, I am simply trying to make a point. I must disagree again with you though. Like Turtle stated, I also don't believe there is that much of a difference between awful rebounding and atrocious rebounding. Also referring to his post, ID will get a few pops simply by him training OD, so there is no reason to train it. I brought up your experience in the game because I am trying to sympathize with you, because I was also in your spot quite a few seasons ago. Other experienced managers may say secondaries are important, and I also agree that they are important, however, not many experienced managers will advise anyone to train their 6'0" guard to "raise those secondaries a few levels" in rebounding and shot blocking and ID, because when training a 6'0" player in those skills, you pretty much have to play your short player at PF or Center in order to train him up in those positions and in order for him to get 2-3 pops in any of those categories, it would take 5+ weeks, which could be used on other things. The main place where secondaries are important are when dealing with monster bigs and SFs IMO. If that player happens to get a pop in rebounding due to cross training, then that is great, but never waste time training rebounding on a 6'0" guard when there is hardly a difference between atrocious and pitiful.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs

This Post:
242849.16 in reply to 242849.15
Date: 7/13/2013 1:39:53 AM
Cassville Yuck
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yuckville Cass
I realize I am butting in on a discussion between the two of you but keep the potential of the player in mind. He has all the time in the world to cap this guy. IS is free for salary and counts very little towards the cap. He will appreciate his guard a lot more if he can get the IS to average or respectable. I do agree the ID, SB and Reb are lost causes at this point but he can make this guy an offensive weapon that would be effective all the way to D2.

To: Yuck
This Post:
242849.17 in reply to 242849.16
Date: 7/13/2013 2:01:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes and I agree with you completely. Thats why i mentioned training 1v1 for forwards because it can get him those 3-4 pops while also training the guard skills that he needs. I was just arguing with him about the other three, because like you say, those skills dont matter.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
242849.18 in reply to 242849.7
Date: 7/13/2013 6:18:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So, my advice to you is to download the Training Simulator: (229484.1).

Use it to figure out what you want your player to look like, how much time you're willing to spend training that player, what that training will do to your other trainees. Weigh the costs/benefits. Think about whether or not you'll be able to win while training. Think about whether you'll be able to pay salaries and when salaries will force you to promote or sell. Do what's gonna be good for your team.

You're in D.IV. I would say you want prolific-sensational OD for a starting guard if you want a shot at promotion. Offensive skills and secondaries are the gravy after OD as far as I'm concerned.

Join the official USA offsite forum for helper tools, camaraderie and advice! (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/) – Builder of the Training Simulator: (229484.1) – Former host of the Golden Clam Invitational (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)