Home Country Auction (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
268347.15 in reply to 268347.13
Date: 3/18/2015 6:26:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I agree with most of what you wrote this time except for this:
Well, sorry but I cannot condemen something which is not illegal per se....So until someone with the authority to do so speaks (hint. it's not you either!)
I'm not claiming that it must be as I say, but certainly I don't think this is as clear cut legal as you think. In fact the kind of action that emerged is against the spirit of other rules and against having a free and transparent market. I asked for a definitive answer on the point in my previous post and I hope someone clarifies sooner or later, because it can only be legal, legal with limits or illegal. It has never happened to me personally, but I'd use mind games with other manager bidding against me if it gave me an advantage and it was legal.

Heck someone could even message others saying: I'm prepared to bid 3 millions on this English player because I hate all of you Spanish managers and I would never let one of you win this bid, so you're just wasting your time. And then when the Spanish guy skips half a million to bid 2.5 million he lets him win. And maybe he also reports him for overbidding. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

This Post:
268347.18 in reply to 268347.16
Date: 3/19/2015 5:21:25 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Messaging someone during a bidwar is not against the rules per se, but if someone were to do it often and is being reported for it, he would be warned and eventually sanctioned. The content of the messages is as important as the intent.

This Post:
268347.19 in reply to 268347.16
Date: 3/19/2015 7:45:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
it shows a xenophobic behaviour which by itself would deserve a warning/ban/sanction
A bit like "Spanish players to Spanish managers only" type of message, don't you think? Do you think FL was xenophobic in demanding that a Spanish player stays with a Spanish manager? That's a bit hypocritical from you, mate. Again.

This Post:
268347.20 in reply to 268347.18
Date: 3/19/2015 7:54:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks Marin for the clarification. So telling other bidders how much you're allegedly willing to pay or how much cash allegedly you have is legal. Asking to bow out of the auction because you really want the player is also legal unless you are reported too many times (whatever number many is, first you get a warning and then if you continue you get a ban).

This Post:
268347.21 in reply to 268347.18
Date: 3/19/2015 11:11:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Messaging someone during a bidwar is not against the rules per se, but if someone were to do it often and is being reported for it, he would be warned and eventually sanctioned. The content of the messages is as important as the intent.

I had this pretty often before and I personnaly would not allow such a behaviour. Sometimes you get messaged pretty short "threats" like "player xy 1.2 mil" - I am pretty sure you would not sanction those GMs even if they did it every time and were reported more often than not.

So if you ban/fine those angleshooters I would very much appreciate it.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
268347.23 in reply to 268347.22
Date: 3/24/2015 1:56:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If an unwanted message is always considered (and can be reported as) spam, one could argue that messages from NT-coaches is also just that (not that they bother me, but hypothetically). However, to me spam means a message is unrelated, or coming in in too high occurrence.

I would say, in this case, that it is not spam since it is game related. Maybe it is not a wanted message, but that goes for all bad news messages. I think selling a player is a free market and as long as messages do not contain any manager-aimed insults (including racism) and it is not a player who clearly intentionally sends 3 messages in a row to this manager; then I think there is nothing to report. Not spam either.

What had happened to the OP manager also happens in the real world, it is just a psychological game and as long as the message was not send multiple times it is not spam. For that reason, in my opinion, it should be allowed within the rules.

Of course we can argue if this is ethical for everyone. But I don't think in any case this deserves corporal punishment.

Last edited by Bolleboosje at 3/24/2015 1:57:36 PM

This Post:
268347.25 in reply to 268347.1
Date: 3/31/2015 11:37:24 AM
Spazs Ballers
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
That is completely wrong of him/her to do to you.
My team is a United Nations Team itself, got players that are Canadian, American, Greek, Argentinian, etc...
You can bid on whatever player from which country you like this is a WORLDWIDE GAME...

SpazX