BB Sports Network

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
14411.151 in reply to 14411.150
Date: 12/13/2008 7:29:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Former MVP and TrailBlazers United Superstar since season 3 on sale

The time has come when coach Aldo lets Ubaldo Nudalo go. He was the season MVP when he was just a rookie and instantly became the superstar of Ateneo Jologs(now known as TrailBlazers United) and named their arena after Nudalo

it was rumored that Nudalo will be put to the market last season but coach Aldo extended the contract of Nudalo for 1 season. now it is already confirmed that Nudalo wont be extending his contract anymore as he was already in transfer list.

"Our arena will remain named after Ubaldo Nudalo. This is our tribute for him because it is going to be hard for me to let him go. He gave me innumerable games won. He had many winning shots made but I guess this is the end of the road between the two of us and I tried to convince him of staying until the end of season 7 but Ubaldo wants me to let him go. so let it be." delivered by coach Aldo on the press conference

Nudalo has his best performances on
Rebounds: 26(with 45 pts) on 6/5/2008(6009556)
Assists: 8 on 2/26/2008(2606369)
Blocks: 5 on 8/2/2008(6162703)
Steals: 1 on 12/22/2007
Minutes Played: 50 on 6/19/2008

Rebuilding
This Post:
14411.152 in reply to 14411.151
Date: 12/13/2008 8:41:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Teams pile up for Nudalo transfer

In just minutes since the shocking announcement by the TrailBlazers organization, team from all over the world are now flocking to get some information regarding the Nudalo transfer.

Teams from the Middle East, Americas, and Europe are looking forward to the negotiations for Nudalo acquisition. Even teams from the Philippines are trying to pry out the National icon.

"Nudalo's career has to continue here in the Philippine league. He's at home, and the country loves him. Also, his basketball is very much the epitome of Philippine basketball." says one league executive.

Nudalo, 27, is responsible for the championship of TrailBlazers United way back seasons 4 and 5. He was also the MVP of season 3 and 4 (Ateneo Jologs), and a constant league leader in points and rebounds right from the get-go. His athleticism and low-post prowess has always been his weapon of choice, and nobody has been able to stop him ever since.

"He redefined Philippine Basketball." says one die-hard fan. "It would be a big loss if ever he plays for another country."

Along with his commanding presence, his leadership on and off court has always been super, his dedication in the game helps young players a lot in becoming one of the best.

"Whenever I hear hard work in play, i always see [Nudalo]." says Simeon Tongson, center for team Polydozel. "It's always hard work when you see him on court, and sometimes, it looks terrorizing."

Captain position may be announced once transfer has been made, but until Nudalo is sold to other team, he is still the TrailBlazing captain.

This Post:
14411.153 in reply to 14411.152
Date: 12/13/2008 11:01:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Dulling Blades on the road to change

At the midway of Season 7, PPL competition is brought to a higher level. Newly promoted teams brings tougher challenge for Season 6 teams anew.

"We feel like we're in the middle of a stampede! The other teams are on a rampage!" says Batangas Blades team manager Kyosuke Imawano.

"The team is on the verge of a freefall. After this 3 game losing streak we really need something to give us positive to look for the rest of the season. We definitely need a change.." coach Baby Dalupan quoted after the hard fought loss to Team Polydozel last night.

"The acquisition of Slawomir Drabowski and Assi Tichon hopefully would give us some light. These guys could fill-up what the team lacked offensively and defensively after the release of Joannah Chavez." comments from manager Kyo after the big acquisition of the two European players.

"It became difficult for us to retain an all-Filipino lineup, for the other teams got stronger international players. That's why the team made this move and we feel it would pay good and lift our spirits. We can't rely on Juan and Quinanola alone to get us some win. We need the whole team to get involved. Our main goal now is to remain in PPL at the end of the season." the hopeful Blades coach says.

Blades are up against Jubas Beast, Queen's Coast Silv3r and Loyola Hts BC next week.

"I could only promise that me and the boys will play our hearts out against the powerhouses but I can't really guarantee a win against them. We hope the new guys would easily cope up with our new system." says team captain Rogen Juan.

Last edited by Kyosuke at 12/13/2008 11:08:25 PM

This Post:
14411.154 in reply to 14411.153
Date: 12/19/2008 10:54:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nescafe Classics trying to find its identity

Ever since Dinadaga kami (formerly Psychos Manajos) became the Nescafe Classics late at the end of last season, their locker room has resembled more of a revolving door. In spite of it, the Classics are miraculously sitting on top of their league with an immaculate 8-0 slate.

Under new General Manager F.A. Cruz, the team has seen a dizzying number of players coming and leaving. Sources inside the team say the GM has been working the phones tirelessly to land cheap but still attractive veterans as trade bait while keeping an eye out for young players with tremendous upside.

The rebuilding process started when the entire roster was gutted last season. The only player left from last season's team is SF Ricson Ritualo. Floro Cruz and SG Anastacio Solas, consistent performers for the Classics, were transferred. Even their most promising young players, PG Rhyan Cerillo and PF Ao Hengbang, were not spared the purge and are now playing for overseas teams.

The team now has an international flavor, with only two players of Filipino citizenship and descent. Aside from Ricson Ritualo, who remains the cornerstone of the team, they have new acquisition PF Daniel Muyco who is developing into a major offensive force. Last time out, he sank 37 points (16-26 FG, 3-4 from beyond the arc) in a scrimmage against Broodje Hamburger where they lost 113-84.

This season, 36 new players have donned the Classics jersey in a span of one month. Players of note who passed through their doors are Andrea Romagnoli, Carlos Alberto Campos, and Joaquín Rubio Saenz, who dropped 51 points, 33 points coming from 11 treys in his last game for the team.

With the team roster trimmed down to 14 players, veteran Galius Boveris and promising forward Tilius Knizikevicius is still out on the trading block. "We will be doing everything in our power to make the Classics a better team for the long term. We owe it to our long-suffering fans and all we ask of them is to be patient as we are dead-set in building a dynasty for the years ahead. We assure our loyal fans that they'll love the new-look Classics," GM F.A. Cruz disclosed in his most recent press release.

Last edited by Fridrik at 12/27/2008 11:01:04 AM

This Post:
14411.155 in reply to 14411.154
Date: 12/20/2008 9:05:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Classics Edged by Dominion San Salvador 101-98

The 8-0 Coffee Makers staked its perfect record without leading scorer Ricson Ritualo (out for two weeks) in the line-up when it met Great 8 front-runner Dominion San Salvador in a battle of conference leaders.

The high-octane offense of the Classics showed when it waxed hot in the 1st quarter as Jan Janasiak, Daniel Muyco, and Gracijus Bridis combined for 19 points, nearly outscoring Dominion San Salvador in an early 36-20 lead. Things took a bad turn though in the 2nd canto as their dismal shooting clip allowed Dominion San Salvador to come close 53-52 by outscoring the Classics 32-17 in the 2nd.

It was a whole new ball game in the 2nd half as it became a see-saw battle with Dominion San Salvador finally putting away the game for good with a short scoring spurt in the 4th as they outscored the Classics 26-21 en route to a well-deserved 101-98 victory.

Daniel Muyco top-scored for the Classics with a monster game of 27 points and 17 rebounds, spiced with 3 assists and a shot-block. Galius Boveris, who filled in for Ricson Ritualo in the starting line-up was a bust as he scored only 8 points on 2 of 11 shooting.

Classics' Head Coach I.L. Ganzo said, "We really missed Ric-Ric's scoring and rebounding, especially against a very good team like Dominion San Salvador. The breaks did not come our way despite our pesky defense. We had 15 steals, but when you're missing so many lay-ups, it really hurts. We shot only 37% from the field and that's a horrible effort, any way you look at it."

GM F.A. Cruz, when asked to comment about the game, smiled and said, "Despite losing the game, I am very encouraged with the team make-up. We did not have our leading scorer, but the players we made deals for gave more than we asked for. Danny is a great acquisition for the team and we are working on getting more production from our guards. The team is improving on its weaknesses, mainly rebounding and passing the ball. We also need to work harder on our free throws. The nine free throws the team missed could have spelled the difference in this game."

Last edited by Fridrik at 12/27/2008 10:10:55 PM

This Post:
14411.156 in reply to 14411.155
Date: 12/20/2008 1:01:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Jubas Beasts hold off hosts for 8th win

Beasts never really needed Gauthier in this game. Yet, he produced.

Damiano Gauthier scored 20 points, shooting 8 of 15, and seven rebounds in 19 minutes, as they overcome a neck-to-neck battle against the surprising team Polydozel, with a win by the score 83-78.

Jubas Beasts have now won 2 games in a row, after having 6 games won in a row. The MAPUA RED ROBINS is the only team that gave the Beasts their first loss of the season.

"We were beaten by the Robins, but this game against Polydozel is a lot tougher to play." says Jorge Sarabia, who shot only 2 of 6 overall, but came up with 12 points (8-10 free throws). "They improved defensively, just in a span of a season."

"We knew we really never had a chance to win against the former league champions." says team coach Vic Nodally. "I was really surprised at the result. I know Beasts would win, but not by a narrow margin... I guess it just so happened that they played poorly, and my boys played better, exactly at the same night." Nodally boasts. "...yet, we still lost." He suddenly added.

"1 thing that's sure, is that their full court press is played perfectly. Thanks to their bigs." says Center Simeon Tongson, who was pathetic in the scoring department that time, sinking 3 of 10 shots, with 16 rebounds and 4 assists.

Team Polydozel kept fouling the Beasts throughout the game, and rebounds were the key to Beasts win. They played like they almost never run out of breath, and their work ethic is showed pretty much on the court.

Nonetheless, many believed that it isn't the best performance of the season, and they should have won by a lot more.

"With Guarnes struggling in this season, the Beasts know that they have to make him shoot more. That's what Guarnes did... he made more."

Guarnes and Gutierrez de Celis combined for 36 points, and they were the only Polydozels in double digits, compared to the Beasts who had 4 players scoring in double digits.

"These Polydozels played the Beast's game, that's why it's not entertaining to watch. " added by one disappointed Polydozel fan.

The Beasts will play against Pinoy Noob this Tuesday, hoping to snap up their third game win, and Polydozel will play at Queen's Coast Silver's home court the same day.

This Post:
14411.157 in reply to 14411.156
Date: 12/26/2008 11:36:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Classics Pull Through in Gritty Win Over Deacons Cambuac Norte

The Coffee Makers showed they were made of stern stuff when they outlasted the Deacons to the tune of 100-91. Trailing 44-43 at half-time, the Classics maintained their composure and wrested the lead for good in the 3rd quarter. The Classics' stifling pressure defense resulted in 26 turn-overs for the Deacons, a handicap they were not able to solve the whole game.

For the 2nd straight game, Ricson Ritualo was out, forcing the team to look for offensive options elsewhere. Again, PF Daniel Muyco led the way with 23 points (10-17 attempts), 10 boards, 2 steals, and 2 assists. Center Janio Niño, inserted in the starting line-up for Boris Tugushev came away with a career night, scoring 20 points, 13 rebounds, 4 steals, and a shot-block. The Classics' front line held their own against the Deacons' vaunted trio of PF Julian Royeras, and centers Hansen Hijastro and Rayden Tocmo who combined for 46 points and 41 rebounds.

Jan Janasiak finished with only 11 points (5 of 24 FG) but contributed a team-high 7 steals along with 6 dimes. Gracijus Bridis, replacing an ineffective Galius Boveris (25% from the field), chipped in 10 points and 5 boards.

Yannick Sincère finished with 7 assists and almost lost the game for the Coffee Makers when he uncharacteristically flubbed 2 free-throws at the height of the Deacon's late rally in the 4th quarter. He finished with 6 points, all from free throws (60%) and none from the field (0 of 5 attempts).

"We'll take this win, even if it was ugly," a beaming GM F.A. Cruz announced at the post-game press conference. "We still need a lot of work on our free throws and our three-point shooting. That is what we miss most from our former players. But on the brighter side, our team is very young and we could only get better. Janio was a revelation as well as Gracijus. We knew they were good, but not this good."

"I am happy with the efforts of our point guards, even though their scoring touch (a combined 1 of 8) was off this night. When we traded for our back court, we were looking for assists and steals. We got them in spades. Yan and Ed are just what we need, and having Jan's street-smart passing is a sweet bonus. We'll continue to need help in the rebounding department as we spotted the Deacons by 14 rebounds," Head Coach I.L. Ganzo commented on the performance of his players.

Next on their schedule is ever-dangerous Musketeers Pangjulo, led by shooting guards Alex Magsipoc and Arniel Villaruel who combine for 34.1 PPG.

Last edited by Fridrik at 12/27/2008 10:12:44 PM

This Post:
14411.158 in reply to 14411.157
Date: 12/27/2008 10:58:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Coffee Makers Coast to Easy 110-88 Win Over Musketeers Pangjulo

All the Classics needed was an explosive start to put the game beyond reach. Shooting a red hot 73% from the field (6 of 8 from beyond the arc), the Coffee Makers stamped its class over the hapless Musketeers in the 1st quarter with a 46-22 thrashing. So effective was their offense that all of them scored, save for Admir Gartnar, who nevertheless chalked up 1 assist and 2 steals in 6 minutes.

The wild and woolly quarter saw the Musketeers cough up the ball 9 times due to the pressure defense of the Classics. Arniel Villaruel was the main culprit as he lost the ball 5 times in that stretch. "I was swarmed all over. It felt like going through a buzz-saw," lamented Villaruel.

"We were not very effective against Magsipoc and Villaruel. They still scored a combined 31 points. But we did make life hard for Magsipoc (7 of 19 FG) and forced him into making bad decisions with his shots," observed Jan Janasiak. The wily SG made only 4 of 10 from the field, but 3 of those were treys. He compensated on the defensive end with 5 caroms and 5 steals.

The Musketeers never threatened at all after that disastrous 1st quarter effort. "We prepared against them, but they were too much. It was impossible to guard against so many scoring threats," said the losing coach. In fact, seven Classics players scored in double digits.

"No disrespect intended, but our boys just went out and had fun on the court. Everyone had decent minutes. In fact, no one played more than 27 minutes. That just shows how balanced we have become and how deep we are right now. When Ric-Ric comes back, we'd be unstoppable," Head Coach I.M Ganzo gushed.

Gracijus Bridis, coming off a scintillating 35 point, 10 rebound performance in their scrimmage against Ural Great (Classics won 134-114, exploding for 51 points in the pivotal 3rd quarter), led the balanced scoring attack with 19 points. Veteran Galius Boveris at last showed his form with 16 points. Rookie PF Daniel Muyco only scored 5 points, as he spent half of the game cheering on his team-mates from the sidelines. "I don't care about my stats as long as we win. I'm very happy to be a Classic," said Muyco.

Eduard Trenichev followed up his 24 point performance against Ural Great with 10 points and 8 assists. Their next game is against Castaways Pulañgi, whose offense is spearheaded by the sweet-shooting of SG Matt Knight (24.5 PPG on 50.4% FG), PF Giles Reburiano (19.0 PPG on 54% FG) and PF Luke Mapa (18.00 PPG, 10.2 RPG, and 57% FG).

Last edited by Fridrik at 1/7/2009 9:18:23 AM

This Post:
14411.159 in reply to 14411.158
Date: 12/27/2008 11:40:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Coffee Makers Finalize Line-Up, Staff Positions

It seems that GM F.A. Cruz has finally finished tinkering with the team make-up and chemistry. Sparing no expense and even having their budget come close to being in the red, his heady decision-making has reaped benefits.

"We are all set with 11 players in our line-up. We believe in giving everyone equal opportunities and we won't allow anyone to spend a lot of time on the bench. With this in mind, everyone will be able to develop their full potential. I've never seen a more enthusiastic and happy bunch of players. Team morale and camaraderie is at an all-time high," said F.A. Cruz.

"We've also put in a fine staff. Dr. Miljan Smiljanic is on board. Ric-Ric's injury has given us pause and with such a short line-up, we would need everyone to be healthy. Fritz-Ulrich Kläne, our PR-Manager is working hard to fill in the arena despite the many changes in the team and the new faces. With the Manila Astrodome undergoing continuous renovation, we need to recoup our investments in the quickest time possible."

"As for our trainer, I have no words to express how grateful we are for Hardi Ääremaa. Even though we got him through a long and drawn-out bidding process, he is worth every cent as our guards have blossomed under his tutelage. We are confident that he will do the same for our big guys," the Classics GM added.

Head Coach I.M. Ganzo said, "We did have to let go of Zacharias Matsoukas (who has opted to retire) and lost Mathieu Kernle to free-agency. We hope for the best for both of them. As for Galius Boveris, he has been a consummate professional. He is still in the trading block, but if no one shows any interest in him in the next few days, he will stay with us for the rest of the season. His leadership and his experience is invaluable for our squad. Though he is still young (27 years old), he and Ric-Ric (25 years old) are the senior citizens in this exciting team we're building for the long haul."

Last edited by Fridrik at 1/7/2009 9:55:10 AM

This Post:
14411.160 in reply to 14411.159
Date: 12/28/2008 9:52:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Boveris Bolts, Classics' Plans Derailed

Veteran SF Galius Boveris was tendered an offer sheet by Spain's The Crackers Team a few hours before a planned re-signing with the Coffee Makers and immediately signed. This left the team with only Gracijus Bridis to play SF against Castaways Pulañgi.

"Ricson Ritualo has one more week of physical therapy scheduled and we're not going to risk him aggravating his injury. However, there are three players our GM is interested in and he is working on the phones right now. We could only hope that we get at least one of them in time so that he could be cleared to play. No, we're not telling who they are, but one is a Filipino," revealed Head Coach I.M. Ganzo.

Last edited by Fridrik at 1/10/2009 10:04:04 PM

This Post:
14411.161 in reply to 14411.160
Date: 12/30/2008 9:28:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Mangalik and Delos Santos bid Shinra Soldiers Goodbye
Manila, Philippines - Associated Press

In a move to reformat the team, Coach Rufus has fired both his aging former stars. Point Guard Brian Mangalik and Small Forward Ken Delos Santos were given their separation from the Shinra franchise today, Dec. 30, 2008. “It was a hard decision to make, but we have to make room for new young players that will help reform the team”, states Coach Rufus, who was initially rumored to be sacked by the Shinra Management due the teams poor performance this season. In a phone call made to GM Luka Shinra, he denied the rumors and that the Management still has its full confidence and support to Coach Rufus Shinra. Shinra Soldiers appears not to be the strong team they used to be as on previous seasons. Some skeptics blame the team's poor showing on the team’s low motivation. Last season’s MVP Blas Bantala strongly denied this accusation, saying that the team is focused and determined, but other teams must have adopted new game plans. Bantala also commented on the departure of his former teammates, “…it is always difficult to see someone go. These guys are your friends, your roommate, your best buds, the basketball court wouldn’t be the same without them. But we are just like soldiers, obey before asking questions.” Coach Rufus, on his last press conference, informed the media that he is out looking for a new breed of young and quick players. “We are trying to negotiate a transfer deal from other teams, but freelance players are our priorities. For now, our aim is concentrating on the remaining games we have and try to win games once again."

Advertisement