Suggestions > NT Trophies

NT Trophies

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
112622.16 in reply to 112622.15
Date: 9/22/2009 11:27:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My concern is only when a user are suggesting something it must not be met with a respons indicating that this is too difficult unless that is the case.

Jokehim yet answered for me,often someone responses to the suggestions in expeditious and discourteous way.When I see that for supporters yet exist a system who keep in memory the results of a team and give the throphies fort the result,I think that extend this system to few national teams(198 teams betwenne major and U21 NT teams) could take not many time to BB developers
Certainly I love the work they do to resolve the bugs of the GE engine,but I don't think thay cannot find a little period of time to do this thing

This Post:
112622.17 in reply to 112622.12
Date: 9/22/2009 12:06:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You were told that it was not easy to implement or it is based on a guess from you? Earlier you have been shaky in whether things are difficult or not to implement. Given the impression that you just assume that everything is difficult to implement. If you been told so I trust you but if not I think that you should not correct people with your truth.

I don't come out and state these things randomly or guess things and then state it as fact if I haven't verified it as such.

I don't really see why you must react so hard if people assumes that things might be easy anyway though.

This comes from my "real" job, where it's important to set realistic customer expectations.

If someone states that something should be "easy to implement", in most cases that is not true, and it's important to set realistic expectations right from the get-go.

Otherwise, someone's going to be grumpy at the BBs for not implementing their "easy" fix, and I'd rather them grumpy at me for telling them what the truth is.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
112622.18 in reply to 112622.13
Date: 9/22/2009 12:07:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to the rematch,the fight is starting...and yes,yes,Jokehim win....
JuicePats LOSE AGAIN
Sorry Juice,but if you don't have the reason,you have to admit it

I'm losing in having to read yet another pointless, misguided attempt at a post from you.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
112622.19 in reply to 112622.15
Date: 9/22/2009 12:09:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My concern is only when a user are suggesting something it must not be met with a respons indicating that this is too difficult unless that is the case.

There's a vast difference in stating that something is not easy to implement (which is what I'm saying), and stating that something is too difficult to be implemented (which I have NOT said).

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
112622.20 in reply to 112622.19
Date: 9/22/2009 12:10:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

There's a vast difference in stating that something is not easy to implement (which is what I'm saying), and stating that something is too difficult to be implemented (which I have NOT said).

In fact, this is what I actually said in response to the original post:

Not quite easily implemented, but this is something that is definitely on the radar.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
112622.21 in reply to 112622.19
Date: 9/22/2009 1:09:04 PM
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II

It just puzzles me that you so often must clarify that things are not easy to implement. Is there anything you consider as simple to implement then? If so many things are not easy to implement it worries me as that would indicate that the coding is quite messy in structure.

But if you got the message from someone who actually are the ones who are coding the stuff for BB then you are probably correct in your judgement.

But for me I would expect things to rather be on low priority than a difficulty thing to do or with your phrasing not easy thing to do.

This Post:
112622.22 in reply to 112622.17
Date: 9/22/2009 1:30:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
you been told so I trust you but if not I think that you should not correct people with your truth.

I don't come out and state these things randomly or guess things and then state it as fact if I haven't verified it as such.

At least rarely you do (for example nt rankings bug).

(not the point of course but stated it as a fact .) )

This Post:
112622.23 in reply to 112622.21
Date: 9/22/2009 1:53:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If so many things are not easy to implement it worries me as that would indicate that the coding is quite messy in structure.

This sounds very much like a statement from someone who has never worked on commercial websites (maybe you have, in which case you should know better). Frankly, almost *nothing* is easy to implement when you have to deal with large databases with scaling issues being accessed by users all over the world using all sorts of browsers in many different languages.

That said, even a cursory look at the NT pages should give you a hint at why this might not be trivial to implement: NT ID's are not part of the regular team ID sections, NT overview pages are NOT identical to club team overview pages, the relationship between team ID and manager is not static (nor is it for club teams, but it's dynamic in a totally different way), enthusiasm changes are calculated differently for the NT than for club teams suggesting GE differences, league/playoff structures are totally different, and on and on and on. Any one of those could make it difficult to implement, the combination of all of them (and more) certainly means it's likely not going to be a cut-and-paste job from the code for club-based trophies.

On top of all of that, if we know anything about how the BB's operate, when they put this in, they will want it to be an automated process that will work in the future with whatever other changes they might be planning. So a one-time manual assignment of trophies to the winners is not likely to be a solution they find appealing.

This Post:
112622.24 in reply to 112622.18
Date: 9/22/2009 2:17:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
JuicePats LOSE AGAIN

I'm losing in having to read yet another pointless, misguided attempt at a post from you.

If someone use solid argument to give an opinion about a thing,you don't answer at his questions
If someone want to be ironic in a post(do you really think I'm four years old?),you don't understand him

Ok,maybe is better to not write any post...

This Post:
112622.25 in reply to 112622.23
Date: 9/22/2009 2:57:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Have you just said automate process in connection with BB? Not a typical way how things run here.

This Post:
112622.26 in reply to 112622.24
Date: 9/22/2009 3:06:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
JuicePats LOSE AGAIN

If someone use solid argument to give an opinion about a thing,you don't answer at his questions
If someone want to be ironic in a post(do you really think I'm four years old?),you don't understand him

Ok,maybe is better to not write any post...

What are you contributing other than a 4-year-old-like yelling of things like "JOKEHIM WIN JUICE LOSE YAY"?

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Advertisement