BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Game needs rescuing!!

Game needs rescuing!!

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
189530.18 in reply to 189530.16
Date: 7/15/2011 1:45:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Injured for one week, low game shape and 33 years. He will be usable in next season when he will have 34 years and his skills will start dropping. I don't deny though he would help greatly a D.V team through next league's season.

Oh, and note to his pitiful stamina.

However, I don't think this player shows the deflation anomaly of TL. Your case shows a lot of people don't pay any attention to TL because they are either out of playoffs and will return in two weeks, or are on vacation.

This Post:
189530.20 in reply to 189530.19
Date: 7/15/2011 2:51:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice pick up!
With the money you need to expand your arena... you are correct - the immediate path that new players must take from day 1 is too tough.

There should be 'fast track' ways to make or lose money (success / failure) and whats been created over time is a playground where some managers are sooo worried that others are more successful than them that each of the methods that has led to them being successful has been quashed.... the outcome is now a laborious grind with such a steep upwards curve that in reality as you say the rich and established will maintain their gap for significantly longer.

I've seen some comments about 'no' to restructure because people like talking in the chat rooms at certain times... no problem.. but if you haven't got a community in the first place why are you worried about upsetting the minority when the design change being suggested is to create more of an atmosphere... so what if there 1-3 hours time difference for a game... why not make some changes that 'if' wrong still won't really harm the game and may yet improve the economics and competitiveness?

This Post:
189530.21 in reply to 189530.20
Date: 7/15/2011 5:16:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is my second season, and the first one I got my team in week 3 so I missed draft and offseason.

As a rookie manager the first thing I did was read FAQs, Game Manuals and forum guides, for my first season I more or less learned to gauge economic value of players (in my posibilities, i have no idea of value of 30k+ salary players), production value of players (multiskilled performing better, gameshape, stamina...).

In my second season I am fighting for the league.

Love the game as it is now. Because it is the only thing that I have experienced so I cant have a biased taste for the game for what it was. I like it to be challenging, had I built a good V. roster from the beggining I wouldnt have this feeling of acomplishment. Making things easier never helps the game.

Edit: typo

Last edited by Flamen at 7/15/2011 5:17:43 AM

This Post:
189530.23 in reply to 189530.21
Date: 7/15/2011 6:05:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Making things easier never helps the game.

That's exactly my thought. If a game isn't challenging, why play it? Easier games are for children under 10 years. Also learning curve doesn't seem so steep to me. Unless of course someone doesn't want to read the guidelines and manuals. But if you do, you come out of your starting leagues in 1-2 seasons and then the real learning begins.

I started in IV. league in the middle of 12. season. I advanced a season later and got into strongest D.III league in my country. After three seasons, I'm finally advancing again. To me, this doesn't seem like a very slow advancement...

This Post:
189530.25 in reply to 189530.6
Date: 7/15/2011 11:16:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What a senseless question... As I said, starter OR BENCH player in 99% of all leagues. This excludes the DIV I teams and some DIV II from competitive countries, in all other leagues I expect this player to perfom pretty well.

I wouldnt start this player or even play him at all in my league. Apart from JS, his stats are all below average for my league. Inside skills definitely too low for SF. Passing definitely too low for PG. And his defense is crap. (Along with his stamina)

I believe he would be a leading scorer and decent defender in DIV (US) or lower, but not for his salary. Even if he is bought cheap, his salary will eat up more money than what his contributions will be worth.

This Post:
189530.26 in reply to 189530.25
Date: 8/7/2011 1:47:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess the market is at its lowest point now, thank god we have free agents and the retired trash flooding the market and draining all the money out of it...

Advertisement