Suggestions > More tactical depth

More tactical depth

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
20820.16 in reply to 20820.13
Date: 1/12/2009 3:15:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My best player has had games were he just disappears. The game engine looks for the best option not the best player. Who i think my best player is for certain possessions are not the same as the GE.

I had my center shoot my game tying 3 the other day when he was by far the worst shooter on the court, and that is the second time this year that has happened and both times in the last 20 secs of the game. As a coach i would not have had him in the game for starters and if he was i would not have him shooting unless there was 1 sec on the game or shot clock.

So i don't believe it takes it into affect based on my team at least.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
20820.17 in reply to 20820.16
Date: 1/13/2009 7:00:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You do realize that when your best player is matched by the best defender on the other team he is not necessarily the best option on the floor, right?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
20820.18 in reply to 20820.17
Date: 1/13/2009 3:56:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
so my worst player on the floor is my best option

got it

my best player taking a worse shot is still better then my worst option taking a good shot.

Watch a game in the last minutes that counts and see how many players go up against players at the same level and still take the shot. you see Brandon Roy take all of his team big shots at the end not Greg Odem

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
20820.19 in reply to 20820.18
Date: 1/13/2009 4:02:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
so my worst player on the floor is my best option

No. The most favorable combination of a player's offensive skills and opponent's defense is the best option.

my best player taking a worse shot is still better then my worst option taking a good shot.

That's precisely the type of thinking that makes perennial losers out of some NBA players.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
20820.20 in reply to 20820.19
Date: 1/13/2009 7:12:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
so Brandoy Roy taking a shot against Ron Artest is not the best option but he does so regardless because he is there go to guy. Clearly you dont understand that. You have some offensive players that you give the keys to because you have faith they will hit the shot. You dont say well there worse outside defender is player x so i will have my center who cant hit a jump shot take my game tying 3

that makes allot of sense.

Learn the game before making ridicoulous comments. There are players such as Ben Gordon who are bad clutch players and then you have guys like Brandon Roy who are good ones. It does not always have to to with the defender sometimes its just about confidence.

This Post:
20820.21 in reply to 20820.20
Date: 1/13/2009 7:28:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Learn the game before making ridicoulous comments. There are players such as Ben Gordon who are bad clutch players and then you have guys like Brandon Roy who are good ones. It does not always have to to with the defender sometimes its just about confidence.

If you want your opinion to be heard, I'd lay off the rudeness.

Anyways, could you explain how "confidence" is expressed in BB currently?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
20820.22 in reply to 20820.21
Date: 1/13/2009 7:46:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it should be part of expierence. if not it should be added instead of having the vest option of offensive skills versus defensive sills. I wouls never have some of my players shoot 3's in real ife that do so here.

Phoenix plays a run & gun offense that does not mean shaq is shooting 3's now. But in this game my center shoots the occasional 3 even when i'm playing look inside. The GE has to realize that the best option is not always the best shot. I lost 3 games this year that i may have one if i had better shooters on the court (problem being the coaching staff decision of my subs) or my coach going to player x and say your ball make the shot and seeing what he can do. Whats the point of having skilled players at certain positions if your gonna let a player with no range shoot the game tying 3.

As we all know 3's have to do with range. So i dont want shaq shooting my game tuing 3 with 16 on the shot clock even if he is the only player within 20 feet. With 2 seconds i have no choice. The GE needs to understand this as well or some teams will always loose close games for this reason.

This Post:
20820.23 in reply to 20820.16
Date: 1/14/2009 12:14:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You lost that game because your team missed 12 free throws.

If you don't want him in the game, don't put him in your lineup.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
20820.24 in reply to 20820.23
Date: 1/14/2009 4:06:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i never specified which game i was talking about so i love the fact that you know which one it was for starters. secondly just because i don't want him taking some shots does not mean i don't want him to play. I am just agreeing with the topic and saying it would be better if the game had more tactical depth i it and i can choose who i want to shoot my big shots instead of the GE.

The GE is supposed to sub in FT shooters down the stretch and outside shooters as well during late second situations. I know this has not worked well for my team and that is what i was talking about.

This Post:
20820.25 in reply to 20820.24
Date: 1/15/2009 12:01:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, I assumed since you said the other day that it was the game you had just lost by three. My bad- it couldn't have been that game because your center didn't take a game-tying 3. he missed a baseline jumper in the last minute, but not a three. Sorry to assume. I watched the loss before that where your backup center missed a 3 with 10 seconds left. I guess it must have been that one. You also shot poorly from the free throw line in that game. You were lucky to be in it at all because your opponent shot 26% from the line. I can see how you would be a bit upset at your backup center taking a 3 with 10 seconds left, but if it were real life and you were a coach, wouldn't you be more upset at your starting SG going 1-7 from the line?

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 1/15/2009 1:05:04 AM

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
20820.26 in reply to 20820.25
Date: 1/15/2009 9:37:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actualy i would not. I would not have been happy with my SG ft% that game but my C taking that shot when i just called atime out to set up a play. I would have told one of my players to go to the basket instead of take the 3 and foul immediatky instead of heaving away with 20 secs remaining.

i'm not coaching the actual game so i should have more say before the game in determining who does take the big shots.

Advertisement