Help - English > Best Power Forward for Look Inside

Best Power Forward for Look Inside

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
235320.19 in reply to 235320.16
Date: 2/1/2013 12:27:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If DR/PA/HA are all more important than IS, shouldn't they be higher? How many big men have you really seen with PA/DR/HA all higher than IS? And then you throw OD in there which you seem to agree should be on around the same level, and we are talking about a player that is extraordinarily rare and valuable. That's actually a really good SF you are describing with extra RB.

As far as free skills go, it's impossible to disagree that more is better. But almost nobody can really own players like that. I see your big men right now (the two whose builds are visible) are extremely far from that ideal. They fit my rankings much closer than they fit yours, and my players are actually closer to your rankings.

This Post:
235320.22 in reply to 235320.21
Date: 2/1/2013 3:19:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Re: #1 I agree with pretty much everything in this paragraph. One of my best players is a 22 yo old PF that has 12 DR and 10 HA. I am training One on One this week.

Re: #2 We just made different types of lists. You are making a theory list while I think the most important question (although they are both important) is what is the best list for most of the people reading this thread. I guess I probably could have put that better in my initial response.

Also RE: rebounding, the last player I bought has 11 IS and 15 RB, and I almost always play LI. But the reason is to balance my two best big men who both have IS > RB.

This Post:
235320.24 in reply to 235320.16
Date: 2/1/2013 11:42:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
RB is important. IS is not. You basically score inside NO MATTER WHAT, which is why LI is so awesome. LIke I said the DR is sufficient to draw fouls...if you have Gs that can attack inside, lower IS on bigs means more slashing by guards, more fouls on opponent guards, which is as good as fouling out their bigs. Also like I mentioned above if the bigs have more secondaries (DR/PA/HA/JS/JR) the team as a whole will score better, flow better, so having more points in Defence and RB in terms of primaries is possible...

Absolutely! The easiest way to look at it is that high IS is useful for converting shots that are defended, but those other skills help get more open shots which are converted at a much higher rate. It's similar to the concept that it'll be cheaper to raise a big man's handling and passing from 1 to a decent level to save two turnovers per game instead of raise his rebounding enough to pick up two more offensive boards per game.

This Post:
235320.26 in reply to 235320.25
Date: 2/1/2013 7:48:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Game rating are useful but flawed. Some of the things that secondaries improve the most, like turnovers and assists on big men, have a much smaller affect on game rating than they will in the actual game.

Advertisement