Help - English > Was my opponent right to crunch this match

Was my opponent right to crunch this match

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
246668.16 in reply to 246668.15
Date: 9/10/2013 11:21:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well you can't win the finals if you don't win the semi's that much is for certain. And this was a game that you previously stated he had zero chance of winning.

Just Sunday I posted in the Canadian forum that the absolute biggest strategy mistake teams make in the playoffs is playing TIE in the conference finals and then losing because of it. You can throw a game in the finals but you have to get there first. You can choose to disagree but based on what just happened, I can only conclude that you're being stubborn about it.

Even with a weaker of the 2 final teams he's got home advantage in 2 of the 3 games, can TIE the game in the middle to rebuild some enthusiasm and it looks like his opponent played crunched during his semi final game too so no advantage gained there.

Quality of his team aside, so far his strategy has been nearly perfect.

Last edited by Beener not Beanerz at 9/10/2013 11:32:57 AM

This Post:
246668.17 in reply to 246668.16
Date: 9/10/2013 11:28:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can agree with most of this but i disagree on some parts , its pretty clear he has normaled both his playoff games , he will crunch time both matches and win 2-0 if he has any brain. And he would do this to me if i was their instead. I think i would be struggling to beat him in game 1 at home never mind at his home in game 2. So i think this guy will lose. Looking at it theres no way he could win it all anyway . Either me or his final opponent would beat him no matter what he do.

This Post:
246668.18 in reply to 246668.16
Date: 9/10/2013 4:57:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(62483285)

As i predicted , the other team beats him in his own backyard and will most likely wrap it up when he takes the series home. I think even stevie wonder could see this one coming.

This Post:
246668.20 in reply to 246668.18
Date: 9/10/2013 5:21:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(62483285)

As i predicted , the other team beats him in his own backyard and will most likely wrap it up when he takes the series home. I think even stevie wonder could see this one coming.

The game did kind of go to overtime, though, which means that both teams had their chances to win it. I don't know about you, but if you give me the choice between a toss-up game at home to open the finals, or a loss in the semi-finals, I'd never think I had a better chance of promoting with the latter option.

Message deleted
This Post:
246668.22 in reply to 246668.1
Date: 9/10/2013 5:30:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(62483285)

Well that's an amazing call on your part!

At least you finally got one prediction right, these two statements written in the opening post in the thread didn't work out nearly well for you. ;)

but im convinced that there is no way he will be able to defeat me in the playoffs

(59449673)

surely he has killed his enthusiasm and with it his only chance of beating me in the playoffs

Last edited by Beener not Beanerz at 9/10/2013 5:30:56 PM

This Post:
246668.23 in reply to 246668.19
Date: 9/10/2013 6:16:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Really thats funny , i was under the impression he would be running at more of a loss since he would have to pay an extra weeks salary and that would outweigh any gain he made from playing the extra game and revenue. This brings me back to my point of why i would rather not be in the finals if im going to lose.

This Post:
246668.24 in reply to 246668.22
Date: 9/10/2013 6:22:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So i underestimated him a little. Lets not forget that with 1 minute to go in our game it looked like he was going home. He got his lucky comeback fair play to him. At the end of the day though what do i care. If i had crunchtimed the match chances are the other guy would beat me in the finals anyway , as i said in the other post im not interested in paying an extra weeks salary to make a loss because my attendance went down when i lost a few games near the end of the season. He is going to lose in 2 , and when my stadium is complete next year il make no mistake like this again. Thats not a prediction , thats a fact ;)

Last edited by DanielPaton at 9/10/2013 6:23:52 PM

This Post:
246668.25 in reply to 246668.23
Date: 9/10/2013 6:38:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
He might get as many 3 extra final games out of this all during the same week (although 2 extra games looks more likely now). Not sure how that runs him at a loss? Did both he and you run at a loss last week because the net income should either be similar or better. There will probably

As for another comment previously made, next season he will definitely get a better fan survey which will produce both better attendence results and merchandising results next year based on both his higher regular season finish and better playoff run. There's not much debate in that.

Either way your point about not wanting to be in the finals is still a foolish one. It appears that you're simply singing a different tune because you lost Saturday. The funny part is that considering that a clearly inferior team lost at home in OT today, you would almost certainly have been the favourite to win both games 1 and 3 at home had you reached the finals. It only makes your mistake of playing "normal" on Saturday look even worse today.

That's human nature though, some people learn from their mistakes while others dig their heals in an continue to insist that they did nothing wrong.

This Post:
246668.26 in reply to 246668.25
Date: 9/10/2013 7:18:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes im wrong , it appears my mistake is overestimating the guy from the other side of the draw. But looking at his team gameshape and players i really thought he could do some damage to me. I made a play , it failed ,i think the 'orange virus' is a better team than the arreles and i figured that they could beat me if i CT,d the conference final. I understand that i misjudged the situation.

Also i dont get why you think i'm digging my heels in , in 2 of my last 3 posts ive made a comment that i wont make the same mistake next year. Key word , mistake. If i truly believed what i done was right then i wouldn't be saying mistake would i. Mistakes such as trying to do too much at once , instead of trying to win on less enthusiasm as well as get my young trainee 48mins , i should have sacrificed the trainee minutes and played him in scrimmage instead. Clearly with an offence like patient his low passing wasn't helping me. It happens though , as you said people make mistakes and need to learn from them.

Last edited by DanielPaton at 9/10/2013 7:31:11 PM

Advertisement