BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Are transfer List prices too low?

Are transfer List prices too low?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
270995.16 in reply to 270995.15
Date: 6/15/2015 4:31:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This seems like a legitimate request to gauge user opinion in a completely non-biased manner. Wouldn't you agree?

1. No, Lemonshine has an agenda to see inflation increase.
2. Yes, it's either unbiased or Lemonshine has an agenda to trigger deflation.

This Post:
270995.17 in reply to 270995.16
Date: 6/16/2015 4:37:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This seems like a legitimate request to gauge user opinion in a completely non-biased manner. Wouldn't you agree?

Ah hrudey is back building a straw man. I knew that deep down this side of you could not have disappeared.

However logic is logic after all and anybody can understand that. Disproving a statement does not equal asserting the opposite, duh....

Wanting to check whether people believe prices should be higher, as people claim they should, is no expression of an opinion or an agenda. I dare you to find anywhere where I said that I personally believe that prices should be higher or lower. I always only reported what I felt was the majority sentiment reading the threads. Obviously you, as I'm sure others like you within the minority of users, cannot accept this very simple fact. Find anywhere where I clearly state that is my opinion was my own or where you can reasonably infer that, hrudey, please, I beg you. Otherwise I expect you to come here and correct yourself.

The only agenda here is that of people who think prices are not high enough.
These people want us to think the majority of users think the same way. Guess what? Over 80% of users do not agree that prices should increase further. Hard to swallow, I know, but we now have factual evidence that the arrogant, biased and baseless campaign cannot claim to be backed by the majority.

And I think people are well aware of the arguments in favour of having even higher prices than today. They just don't agree. Over 80% likes the status quo or desires a reduction. Let's assume they are all for the status quo. Does this satisfy you? Status quo means they do not like active campaigns, changes or whatever aimed at making prices increase further. I think this is obvious even to a child and you're no child. Therefore I will chalk off your post as a deliberate attempt to draw the conversation in the gutter by misrepresenting other people's opinions.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 6/16/2015 4:49:42 AM

This Post:
270995.19 in reply to 270995.18
Date: 6/16/2015 4:58:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just browsing through posts from the last few days...

A high number of FAs (even those young and promising ones) indirectly hurts the efforts of the managers that focus on training (through reduced player prices on the market).

There was a period of BB with a much higher inflation than now.

The way I see it, it [higher prices] just gives me an advantage. I'll just use the situation to make some profit, and let other people burn money on crappy players.

did you think that players was cheap than now?

i can say easily no.

Perhaps most people are satisfied with things as they are. So it might be reasonable to think twice before trying to inflate the economy even further by tweaking or taking away features.

Besides with no FA and userbase declining, prices will inflate naturally compared to today, so you need not worry. Just know that if you think prices should be higher than today you're outnumbered 4 to 1, just among people who read the forums....

Last edited by Lemonshine at 6/16/2015 5:06:25 AM

This Post:
270995.21 in reply to 270995.20
Date: 6/16/2015 5:10:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And even then, from those 3 excepts, I only see one (the third) who is clearly saying he is content with inflation and prices going higher
No, Alexandar (3rd quote) was saying he likes high prices and higher prices because he thinks he could make even more profit. I understand where he's coming from, he plays in a small nation with 35 managers and he won't relegate from D1 even though he's tanking, I just think he's in the minority. Which is the whole point of this poll.

Btw incidentally he had a much better and reasonable argument than most when he said:
I don't know, I mean, prices are higher for everyone else too. Why do people think it ruining their team?
Still people seem to disagree that higher is better.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 6/16/2015 6:06:51 AM

This Post:
270995.22 in reply to 270995.21
Date: 6/16/2015 8:15:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why are y'all talking about what people may or may not have said. This thread is already going down the pan.

This Post:
270995.23 in reply to 270995.21
Date: 6/16/2015 8:19:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll try start some good debate.

Personally I feel they probably are slightly too high and (I've said this before) it mainly affects new players who haven't had the time to train a player to 1000000 or build a team of assets to sell on for millions. So they are more stuck, even for not great players, than teams who have arena/player assets.

Thats my two cents anyway. What does everyone else think?

This Post:
270995.24 in reply to 270995.17
Date: 6/16/2015 9:57:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Ah hrudey is back building a straw man. I knew that deep down this side of you could not have disappeared.

However logic is logic after all and anybody can understand that. Disproving a statement does not equal asserting the opposite, duh....

Wanting to check whether people believe prices should be higher, as people claim they should, is no expression of an opinion or an agenda. I dare you to find anywhere where I said that I personally believe that prices should be higher or lower. I always only reported what I felt was the majority sentiment reading the threads. Obviously you, as I'm sure others like you within the minority of users, cannot accept this very simple fact. Find anywhere where I clearly state that is my opinion was my own or where you can reasonably infer that, hrudey, please, I beg you. Otherwise I expect you to come here and correct yourself.

Correct myself how? By saying that it seems like a legitimate request to gauge user opinion, or providing a poll with one opinion or a choice of two different ones? Clearly you must agree that it's a legitimate method to encourage open discussion and not introducing bias in any manner, as you surely would not have posted the poll the way you did otherwise.

As such, I have no real problem with your poll. I would vote 2 in my poll.

I just think there's one user who might disagree with the validity of this poll, both because he would argue that prices can move different ways in different segments of the market, and because he would have wanted to gather more information rather than reducing it to a yes-no question.

(268316.68)
You're forgetting one thing we've been telling you forever now: that inflation is not the same at all levels. Lower salary FA do not help top teams maintain their edge in any conceivable way. It's like we're saying apples and you reply bananas.

(268635.127)
Look, I bought supporter I may delight myself in starting polls. I think I will enjoy that. And I think I will start with:
a) You believe today's prices are too high
b) You believe today's prices are too low
c) You believe they are about right
d) I couldn't care less about prices, I'm outta here anyways. bye

I suppose at some point maybe that user will find this thread and hopefully he'll have additional intelligent observations to add. I think you'd like him a lot. It's kind of a shame he didn't start the poll, though, because I'm probably closer to voting (d) than anything anywhere else and I'd much rather reflect my true opinion than playing "Which sucks less?"

This Post:
270995.25 in reply to 270995.22
Date: 6/16/2015 10:45:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I quoted directly posts from last week. That's not a "may or may not" have said.

This Post:
270995.26 in reply to 270995.25
Date: 6/16/2015 10:52:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well if transfer list prices are too low, you just have to enter higher starting sums. Easy as that.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
Advertisement