Suggestions > Player/Team Chemistry

Player/Team Chemistry

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
290843.16 in reply to 290843.15
Date: 12/9/2017 2:37:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What I actually have in mind is a soft bonus like enthusiasm (or replace the current enthusiasm system since it doesn't seem realistic to me) that evolves over time but capped at a certain level where teams don't overpower other teams who constantly add/sell players (bot teams are exempted from this bonus). Let's assume that the max bonus is equal to "zealous" enthusiasm which can be achieved when you keep a roster together for an entire season but every time you buy or sell players it drops by 1 level per player added/sold. Would that be feasible or is that still too simple?

This is doable, and makes a lot more sense than enthusiasm only built/used via TIE, Normal, CT.
It also makes sense that a team would be less enthusiastic if they had the same roster day in day out and were losing, or if they got rid of their better players for crappier players etc.

I also, do not think I have seen this specific take as a suggestion before. +1 sir

This Post:
290843.17 in reply to 290843.16
Date: 12/12/2017 2:25:05 AM
Diamond Dogs
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Add to the fact that teams aren't really motivated to play harder if they had won several games by "taking it easy", I believe this would actually lead to more complacency in the long run as the team gets used to that type of mentality. Thanks for your suggestions.

This Post:
290843.18 in reply to 290843.17
Date: 12/12/2017 12:35:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Add to the fact that teams aren't really motivated to play harder if they had won several games by "taking it easy", I believe this would actually lead to more complacency in the long run as the team gets used to that type of mentality.

Also agreed.

Overall, I think you're onto a good solution to it now.

This Post:
290843.19 in reply to 290843.18
Date: 12/13/2017 11:25:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if this is a good idea or not. I can think of different scenarios.
BUT I must say that there should be a way to reward a team that doesn't suck and keeps the same players. Currently when you don't trade, the fans are happy because you don't trade and at the same time unhappy because you don't do everything you can to win. I don't totally like that.

Now, if you always have the same team and you are bad, then I don't see a reward there. People get bored and the team clearly doesn't have good chemistry.

My point is, I think you have a good idea there. Probably needs more work, more discussions to reach the optimal solution. But at the end of the day, I do think that continuously decent results with the same team should definitely incur in some additional plus for the team.