Suggestions > Which side of the league?

Which side of the league?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
35430.16 in reply to 35430.13
Date: 6/18/2008 6:50:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
you call to a missed 100k every 3 months - "punishment"?

If you have this pesimistic scenario

i wonder about your replies like this, one the one hand you say those bonus are so small that it on't make a different(not just in this post), on te other hand you thought an Bonus which are just peanuts would motivate someone ...

I think if it so samall then the bonus is unintresting -> unnecessary

when it gives you an adavantage it's unfair because you don't get this effort for your own work, so that BB shouldn't implement it

This Post:
35430.17 in reply to 35430.15
Date: 6/19/2008 2:42:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
you call to a missed 100k every 3 months - "punishment"?

If you have this pesimistic scenario

In my league thats one week of income..

Still, you dont give a reaction on my other argument; why should 8 other clubs get extra money, and me getting nothing, when a couple of managers on my side fail to manage their ballclub properly?

just because of the motivation to be conferences against themselves.. there would be something else, but I cannot figure out what

that's all

This Post:
35430.18 in reply to 35430.17
Date: 6/19/2008 4:59:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But why do you want more motivation? Isnt winning your games in general not the best motivator? Also my concurrents play against the same teams as i do ;)

Let me put it differently, because you think 100k is not a punnishment: why should my desire be higher to beat a team from the other side when a 100k bonus awaites me? I already want to beat those teams from the other side. A clash between those 2 sides doenst influence that desire.

It would be nice to see more of a fight between the sides, but giving more money would not make me fight more.

Maybe a nice cup on top of the screen of the standing page would be enough. Just a easy way of showing how many times one side has beat the other side.

Last edited by Maupster at 6/19/2008 5:25:32 AM

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info
This Post:
35430.19 in reply to 35430.18
Date: 6/19/2008 5:30:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just use some funny meant trashtalking. I'm even trashtalking against a friend of mine who isn't even playing in the same division as me, and vice versa. Big fun guaranteed!
Try to stir up a bit the other conference, and when a couple of them reacts you 'll be getting started for a decent sportive rivalry.

Climbing the BB-mountain. Destination: the top.
This Post:
35430.20 in reply to 35430.18
Date: 6/19/2008 7:58:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe a nice cup on top of the screen of the standing page would be enough. Just a easy way of showing how many times one side has beat the other side.

finally an constructive reaction, thanks!

This Post:
35430.21 in reply to 35430.20
Date: 6/19/2008 11:05:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Motivation to beat the teams from the other conference? Isn't that what the All-Star-Game is for? Not to mention the fact that homecourt-advantage should also be a very relevant factor. What more motivation do you need?

I think it will be tough enough for the "minor" teams to catch up, even if we don't come up with new hand-outs for the already dominating teams.
I also think this would be an economic incentive so randomly distributed, that it might as well have been distributed ...completely at random.

I like the idea of bringing a bit of thrashtalk, the game within the game. Each division have their own forum, bring your best heckler-moves and provoke the opposition to go all Crunch-Time and ballistic in a game they were bound to lose anyway, fire it up!

I also think that as teams settle more in the different divisions, the rivalry between the conferences will build by itself. Sadly, the top level in each country is the only place you'll ever get to defend a championship...