BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Season 26 Feedback Topic

Season 26 Feedback Topic (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
252782.166 in reply to 252782.1
Date: 1/18/2014 3:42:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i apologize if i missed this question somewhere in the previous discussion, but there is a certain degree of anxiousness behind it . . .

my schedule this week is two away games. no revenue this week; fine. but this does mean my balance will be negative, for many weeks, because it is only in the last two games before the playoffs do i "rebalance".

At present, i have a bit over $110,000 in the bank and my revenues are such that i break even with a Cup win. eventually, if / once i start winning, my home revenues will start to rise. my training exemption is around $100,000.

so, next monday, i will have what i estimate will be a deficit of some $260,000 or so. i understand that running that deficit from week to week incurs a 5% penalty. i am prepared to deal with that. indeed, i think i will be running a deficit through much of the rest of the season, until the playoffs. with my current squad, winning some away games, Cup victories, i think i can reduce the total over the course of the next several weeks.

my question: will the overextension tax kick in next week, through the rest of the season, destroying my plans, because of the whims of the schedule?

Last edited by Hassan Donnelly at 1/18/2014 3:45:21 PM

This Post:
252782.168 in reply to 252782.6
Date: 1/22/2014 4:52:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think all of new features in this season is great. The GDP is great. And every team should know that if you buy expensive player with higher skills, they must be careful. And my suggestion for next season is I think some teams have inactive players, so I want you guys to make development team.
Thanks before :)

This Post:
252782.169 in reply to 252782.168
Date: 1/22/2014 12:33:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can only say that GDP feature has done what it was meant for: In our first league, all games are not anymore LI against LI. Based on rough estimate, only 50% of offense selection has been LI. Now we see also Motion, Patient, Isolations, Base offense etc. used.

:)

This Post:
252782.170 in reply to 252782.169
Date: 1/24/2014 12:34:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As a new user in the lower divisions, I like the changes.

I think GDP allows human players to defeat bots and inactive managers with greater certainty. It's hard to lose with an advantage in enthusiasm, GS, and correct GDP predictions, even when you are training players out of position. In addition, it encourages me to train players that are suitable for more than one offense. I feel that this can only be good for the game.

This Post:
252782.171 in reply to 252782.160
Date: 1/25/2014 7:22:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Here are my suggestions for the game: (mostly economic)

To combat tanking:
1) Teams that fall in divisions are usually either tanking on purpose or leaving the game. With that in mind, a team that falls in division has a penalty of 1/4 the value of going up to the division they fall from. Therefore, if you fall from Div I you lose $250,000. Therefore the people falling a division pay the winners of those advancing a division. I know its not huge but it would seem to be a deterrent to dropping divisions. It would also be easy to implement and have a good explanation.
2) The bottom six teams face a lottery of the top 6 draft picks. That means teams cannot easily get the best draft pick just by ensuring they finish last. This would make the draft more interesting and make absolute tanking less desirable.

To make training more viable:
Free agents for trained youth. If you look at the free agent market, most of the players that get picked up are between 24-30 because they have the right salary requirements and are not too old. With making training more important it might be worthwile to open the market a bit more for trainees that have been trained some. Such as making players with 10,000 salary or more under the age of 24 open to the market when a team leaves the game.

Arena Change:
Arenas are usually more costly to maintain. Therefore I suggest that each week there is a small chance that some of the seats may have been broken and need replaced. This would make arenas something that may need attention from time to time and not something that only gets built once. This will not really change the game too much, although it would probably be a better situation for teams with less seating overall. Also, it would make overbuilding a viable strategy (and therefore you could add more courtside and luxury than currently allowed). Would make the arena more interesting part of the game.

This Post:
252782.172 in reply to 252782.165
Date: 6/6/2014 9:37:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, salary isn't salary. Salary is salary or real salary or new formula salary or visible salary or invisible salary. Which salary are you talking about?

Actually, this feature isn't as disruptive as I expected it to be, but it is still a mess that appears unnecessary.

This Post:
252782.173 in reply to 252782.171
Date: 6/12/2014 11:21:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I disagree with your last statement. Do you know how hard and long it take to get good size arena and your talking about broken seats needing to be fixed?? I don't think the game need the "sim" reality/ arena already has cap on it. I don't think making managers buy seats all the time is productive. people already lose revenue from un bought seats/

Also your last sentence in your #2, the draft is already random . it does not matter if your top 6 or 3.. young players are going for millions. It would be foolish not try to get one. I don't care for the draft period , I honestly feel it waste of time,, and really don't want to trying grab a million for a player thats unproven to the buyer. But hey manager are going to try to do it, and top managers are looking for that exempt. The greed evens out,

the game already punish team for trying to be unfair, playing tie for enthu and losing by a big margin.. Its really, really senseless to call it tanking .Some call it building a better stronger team for future games. Whats the point of using the option if the team is going to lose fans, Again which balance it out. The thing is just dont lose. But with gdp feature, ha.. what good is playing Tie for enthu??

I played it and lost by a huge a margin should I be hit with a tanking fine, should I be forced to play gdp feature and rack up fatigue when all my player are playing poorly or should other manager gang up another and play the do more training card.. stamina is need so is gameshape. so in enthu.. Again no easy answers here.

Losing games for enthu is not tanking its making your team better. I played the majority of my games straight up when I could just said "hey ill play for enthu, stamina "which is the smart bet in the long hull. All the fines don't make the game balanced. Thinking every manager that has milions and is the evil one, is not the right attitude.. its not hard to get millons but some team need them to stay afloat.

You want to build for the future, 2 million can do that. You cant build on 500K. Might as well quit. Nothing fair in sports. Not all mangers in sports care about winning, . They buy player to do that and rack up revenue. Some manager don't care about training players ,they buy players to do that. When a player gets hurt, they are put injured reserved that set by the funds of that team, BB dont have tht. You go get a new player you better be under the exempt tax.or fined.

The game is already on the line of martial law in playing ways and etc etc.. I think some managers need to chill with whispering in the Owner and Gm ear. Im not saying dot ask for feature. Im saying stop asking for fines. stop asing to take away teams money because they save it.. Its a marathon not sprint. Planning for future cost a lot revenue . I don't care if you train, it still will cost you

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 6/12/2014 11:50:57 PM

This Post:
252782.174 in reply to 252782.173
Date: 6/13/2014 2:26:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I disagree with your last statement. Do you know how hard and long it take to get good size arena and your talking about broken seats needing to be fixed?? I don't think the game need the "sim" reality/ arena already has cap on it. I don't think making managers buy seats all the time is productive. people already lose revenue from un bought seats/

It takes a long time if you never get to a level where you need to finish the rest of the seats. Basically, as a general rule I'd say that you should be expanding arena close to twice a month on average until you reach the point where you can't really make any more money out of it at the level you are. The nice thing about that is that when you do promote again, you start expanding again.

the game already punish team for trying to be unfair, playing tie for enthu and losing by a big margin.. Its really, really senseless to call it tanking .Some call it building a better stronger team for future games. Whats the point of using the option if the team is going to lose fans, Again which balance it out. The thing is just dont lose. But with gdp feature, ha.. what good is playing Tie for enthu??

Losing by 20-25 because you're facing a team with more enthusiasm or because you're TIEing is one thing. Teams that dress three scrub players and lose by 75+ is another thing. The first one I have no problem with - some teams are just better than others.

Losing games for enthu is not tanking its making your team better. I played the majority of my games straight up when I could just said "hey ill play for enthu, stamina "which is the smart bet in the long hull. All the fines don't make the game balanced. Thinking every manager that has milions and is the evil one, is not the right attitude.. its not hard to get millons but some team need them to stay afloat.

Here's an idea that might help: one season, just play TIE every single game (league and Cup, regardless of anything else). You'll end up with a better record and if you make the playoffs, be in better shape to make some noise there as well.

You want to build for the future, 2 million can do that. You cant build on 500K. Might as well quit. Nothing fair in sports. Not all mangers in sports care about winning, . They buy player to do that and rack up revenue. Some manager don't care about training players ,they buy players to do that. When a player gets hurt, they are put injured reserved that set by the funds of that team, BB dont have tht. You go get a new player you better be under the exempt tax.or fined.

You can build for the future with less than 500k easily, at a lower level - but you have to work at it, and it'll take time. It's not something where you can get to $500k and say "Okay, I'm going to buy a team to win" because you'll fail miserably. If you don't have a plan for making your team better next season, and the season after, and the season after that, it's polite to wave at the teams that do as they blow by you on their way up the ladder.

This Post:
252782.175 in reply to 252782.174
Date: 6/13/2014 8:32:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
my last point of 500K was over all. yes you can do it in the bottom league like you said it will hard work., In top area of play its not going to happen. Everything to expensive, that why I'm saying manager should take their time, build arena while in the bottom. promoting so fast with no back revenue or the proper resources if you will , will come back to haunt.

I don't agree all this tax people bank account. The higher you go the more money your going to need. a lot guys in league have players that cost 600-750K$ one has guy close to 1 mill. this 4 level. IM not complaining or asking the system to tax his bank account. He earned it. . I don't flip players and still can compete with him and the one that do..

Advertisement