BB Global (English) > BBB 3 Benefits

BBB 3 Benefits

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
32764.167 in reply to 32764.166
Date: 06/04/2008 15:55:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Don't listen to kozlodoev, he's the Kaiser Soze of the TIE Movement. In fact, he wrote the template, that's why it is so eloquent.

Friends Do not Let Friends Play 2-3 Zone
This Post:
32764.169 in reply to 32764.166
Date: 06/04/2008 15:58:10
Overall Posts Rated:
sincere apologies - in no way shape or form was this intended as a slant or slight on you or your character and continuously constructive comments you regularly post.

This Post:
32764.170 in reply to 32764.168
Date: 06/04/2008 16:13:07
Overall Posts Rated:
There is no problem with TIEs. Everyone TIEs at their one risk, as they're giving the other team a free ticket to win the game if they Normal, agreement or not.

then, there was no problem with the daytrading, playoffs and all the other things effected by the updates..
updates are done to make the game more realistic and it is really disturbing me to see all the BBB teams putting the same effort into the games..
please read my Galatasaray example again and tell me if it is unrealistic to reduce attendances in that way..

I've read your Galatasaray example very carefully: "if a team plays TIE and loses, there should be a significant attendance drop". Significant attendance drop is not a good solution, realistic or not, for the reasons I mentioned already.

Sure, adjustments in attendance based on CT/TIE are possible, and maybe even useful. They have been implemented in other games, though the jury is still out on how well it works. But 'significant' consequences should come for 'significant' actions, not a simple TIE loss.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
32764.171 in reply to 32764.170
Date: 06/04/2008 16:16:22
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with the Kaiser. the reason the Galatasaray example doesn't work is because it would really hurt new teams. Right now, if you are playing a team that you have no chance against, it is smart to TIE so you have more enthu for games you can win. This would penalize weaker teams that make this wise decision.

Friends Do not Let Friends Play 2-3 Zone
This Post:
32764.175 in reply to 32764.174
Date: 06/05/2008 15:52:58
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow - since I started this lil ole post, I figured I would be back on the original topic which centered around the benefits received in this BBB tourney. To me, it's been shown that while yes, there may be issues with the amount of games played, strategic teams (with the appropriate sort of BB mojo) can navigate these waters and create a minor windfall.

This is a tournament that should be played in arcade mode at a base attitude level.
I say this because while watching the KDB/BC Torro match, I couldn't help but think if the game was prearranged and if it wasn't why should attitude matter in a game like this. It was a heck of a game until the 5point play late in the 4th opened the floodgates. Those are the types of games I think all of us would want to see and then we could spread the acolades approriately.
We can also see the players as they truely are and then reward the couragous winner of this event who would of had to navigate the matches and would allow this tournament to be kept within the guidlines in which all things are earned in BB.

By awarding them 10% to 20% all the common rewards associated with the game, the teams will get their just reward while the rest of us get to see a true slugfest.

This Post:
32764.176 in reply to 32764.175
Date: 06/05/2008 16:23:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Playing the tournament in arcade mode would more likely penalize the first division teams that didn't make the BB3 tournament. Because of having to spread out the top players and having to play TIE, those teams have a chance to knock off the BB3 teams and get ahead in the race for HCA in the playoffs. For example, in my league, the Sculpins have lost 3 league games due to BB3, when they would likely be undefeated if they were playing BB3 in arcade mode. Even in the controversial TIE conference in the US, next year, when there are only 2 US teams (instead of 5), the non-BB3 teams will have the incentive to not play mutual TIES (why commit yourself to TIE when you know the other team has to TIE?), knowing that the best way to get ahead of the BB3 teams is clinch HCA and win in the playoffs, which would then result in a future BB3 invite.

This Post:
32764.177 in reply to 32764.176
Date: 06/05/2008 17:26:35
Overall Posts Rated:
So you would rather penalize the masses under the current format and help out the top division?

Everyone would play the same games that matter - and the "best" team would get to prove it in a bubble? I like it

Advertisement