BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Enthusiasm for a game - Why not make them visible?

Enthusiasm for a game - Why not make them visible?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
111331.17 in reply to 111331.16
Date: 9/22/2009 9:57:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
that is very stupid then. If someone who was bought then has a new manager so if the new manager does not post his skills then it should not be allowed.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
111331.18 in reply to 111331.17
Date: 9/22/2009 10:00:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
why is that stupid, if you want have secret player skill, you had to train then else there will be ever people who know it.

This Post:
111331.19 in reply to 111331.17
Date: 9/22/2009 10:00:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
that is very stupid then. If someone who was bought then has a new manager so if the new manager does not post his skills then it should not be allowed.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
111331.20 in reply to 111331.17
Date: 9/22/2009 10:00:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Again, once the skills are out there for anyone to see, there is, nor will there be, something to prevent users from recording those skills and using them as they see fit.

The BBAPI does not allow mining of TLed player skills, FWIW, but any manual recording is allowed (and unpoliceable).

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
111331.21 in reply to 111331.17
Date: 9/22/2009 10:05:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Again this is not about what should or should not but about what can or cannot be done. If you bought a player, everybody could see his skill, everybody was able to write them down and then it is up to such a person who they would sent such na info. Like NT coach etc.

Posting in forum is another thing, not really ethical. But you can't realyl blame soemthing posting something like "I just sold such player (skills) for ....".

Knowing opponents players stats is overrated.

This Post:
111331.22 in reply to 111331.20
Date: 9/22/2009 11:51:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There's actually an interesting point buried in here somewhere. There's a difference between the initial point about enthusiasm and player skills on the TL. When you buy/list a player, you are implicitly agreeing that his skills be made public, either so that you can make an informed purchase, or to convince another manager to spend money on him.

However, with enthusiasm, you have no control over whether your opponent reveals *your own* enthusiasm setting, since both managers are aware of each other's settings. This would be like your opponent revealing the stats of a player who has never been on the TL (of course, normally managers aren't aware of those stats, but I think the closer parallel would be an NT coach revealing this info, which is taken without the manager's consent).

An argument can be made that this is minimally useful info (although I for one would always like to know whether my opponent's previous game was a TIE-TIE or Normal-Normal), and I'm not sure if just making everything totally public is a solution to this. But it's an interesting question...

This Post:
111331.23 in reply to 111331.20
Date: 9/22/2009 1:20:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if someone wants to keep their own records thats fine. But only the user who owns the player should be allowed to show their stats. If i sell the a player today i should not be allowed to show his stats to the entire community tomorrow. That is all i am saying.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
111331.24 in reply to 111331.23
Date: 9/22/2009 3:06:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
why not, i am still proud of some of my old trainees and sometimes chare their old stats, i see nothing wrong with it ;)

Also i got pretty much palyer stats from my league in my chat protokoll, because most transfers get spotted from someone and discussed - isn't a huge advantage and i normally was to lazy to look for it.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 9/22/2009 3:06:31 PM

This Post:
111331.25 in reply to 111331.23
Date: 9/22/2009 4:26:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if someone wants to keep their own records thats fine. But only the user who owns the player should be allowed to show their stats. If i sell the a player today i should not be allowed to show his stats to the entire community tomorrow. That is all i am saying.

If I (or any other user for that matter) has noticed a player on the market, this does in no way create an obligation to its future owners. So much to your dislike, what you're suggesting is not going to happen.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
111331.26 in reply to 111331.25
Date: 9/23/2009 3:07:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
then explain to me the point of not having all the skills shown for all players if we can freely transfer there skills to one or another.

All i'm saying and i don't see what the problem is with this. Is that only the coach who owns the player can show his stats. If you want to talk about your old trainee thats fine as long as you don't show there stats. If the stats are hidden then there is no reason to make public because an old coach wants to show off how he trained him or a rival coach wants the whole league to know who this team has now.

Is it a huge difference in how you play against a certain team most likely not but it does help if the player has a weakness or two.

This Post:
111331.27 in reply to 111331.26
Date: 9/28/2009 7:36:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't really understand the OP's point.

Yesterday, I posted this (113564.1)

wherein, I tell both my and my opponent's enthusiasm for a Cup match that occured Thursday.

I fail to see how I have given any of his future Level IV opponents an edge, by "letting them know" that he
didn't feel the need to give his best effort against a Level V noob nor do I think that I have somehow sabatoged
any of my future games, League or Cup, by "letting" my opponents know that since I could tell rather easily that,
man for man, I was outmatched, I might as well have went balls out.

In point of fact, I was absolutely counting on him going TIE, but I think a far more important factor to this win was
my carefully checking how many minutes his players had and determining that if I went TC AND Motion, that I might actually pull it off.

tl;dr

Can you please tell me how the revelation of Enthusiasm can make a noticeable difference in a match?

Last edited by Mod-oeuftete at 9/28/2009 7:41:01 AM