BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Prolong the period for changing the ticket prices?

Prolong the period for changing the ticket prices?

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
113423.17 in reply to 113423.16
Date: 9/29/2009 11:41:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I didn't get it yet. Why don't you have the time to experiment? I sold 8000 seats and it takes about 30 days. When the works are active, it doesn't change anything with the number of available seats. Where is my error in reasoning? (I guess I have one)

My Arena was full with highest ticket prices... so I wanna to upgrade Arena and experiment. But suddenly I set destroying, not building my arena, so I loose a lot of time for destroying, and then to rebuilding and building more. My Arena was finished yesterday :P

I'm sorry. Maybe I missed to set the right focus on my posting. It's a game and you need some challenge in it.
And seriously - in the real world, no fan would support a team, which is changing the ticket prices after every home game ;)

Well that is not true! You are from Germany, so tell me please does the Bayern Munich has the same ticket price for the champions league game against Juventus and with TSG Hoffenheim?

This Post:
113423.18 in reply to 113423.17
Date: 9/29/2009 11:55:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My Arena was full with highest ticket prices... so I wanna to upgrade Arena and experiment. But suddenly I set destroying, not building my arena, so I loose a lot of time for destroying, and then to rebuilding and building more. My Arena was finished yesterday

You were given the option to cancel your contraction by Charles recently.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

To: Ozzy
This Post:
113423.19 in reply to 113423.17
Date: 9/29/2009 12:00:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't know if munich does it, but at least they will ask for the same prices for the whole season for every competion ;) So it makes no difference if they play HSV; Werder Bremen or VfL bochum.

I find it also a bit unchallenging, if you could set your ticket prices depending on your last game, now you have to find a good compromise betwen winning and loosing prices.

But i also like to see the ticket prices for a longer period, i have 4 home games this month, and hit sometimes the boarder of punishment also the games aren't that good to compare to the last match through different succes.

This Post:
113423.20 in reply to 113423.18
Date: 9/29/2009 12:11:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My Arena was full with highest ticket prices... so I wanna to upgrade Arena and experiment. But suddenly I set destroying, not building my arena, so I loose a lot of time for destroying, and then to rebuilding and building more. My Arena was finished yesterday :P

You were given the option to cancel your contraction by Charles recently.

Yes, that is why I make this topic. Because that option is given recently, so I would like if "1st October" can be prolonged for at least one week.
(I didn't have that option when I made that mistake):

@ Mod-CrazyEye:
I understand you... but If BB accept this suggestion then people like me can play with ticket changes and can enjoy in their strategy, while other side (people like you) can respect their fans and set the same price for long term :)
I really think that this is good idea, and that is especially important when you play Play-Off or maybe BBB...

This Post:
113423.21 in reply to 113423.20
Date: 9/29/2009 3:39:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
can respect their fans and set the same price for long term :)

which was econical bullshit, and i am sure you know that ;)

I think a bit constancy in prices should be revealved one month isn't that much, when you found out a working strategy.

This Post:
113423.22 in reply to 113423.21
Date: 9/29/2009 5:38:57 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
we don't want to have people adjusting prices up and down on a match by match level because that A) would be injecting more money into the system than we accounted for, it would lead to both an unrealistic and in our opinion undesirable gameplay where in order to compete you need to login and optimize your ticket prices for every game, and as crazy eye points out, don't need to make a harder decision about maximizing over multiple games... some hard/some easy.. some popular some unpopular. We like the idea of a less frequent but interesting decision over an must do two/three times a week decision that is pretty trivial in the end.

as far as extending the deadline, I must admit I don't see the connection between the arena contraction issue and ticket prices... your could have gotten a sense for what price your current arena saturates at irrespective of whether you got a contraction or expansion in during the first month.

In fact even if you had ordered the expansion you had wanted correctly, and didn't lose time cause you misclicked on the contraction, you would have had a significant period of time to wait and only be able to tune your prices to the current arena you had... so i don't your argument about the arena expansion holds much water, especially since it was a misclick on your part that caused the problem to begin with.. we aren't going to change the global economy because of some misclicks.. that just doesn't make sense. Current economic conditions suggest we should if anything be contracting monetary policy.. not expanding it.

Last edited by BB-Forrest at 9/29/2009 5:43:43 PM

This Post:
113423.23 in reply to 113423.22
Date: 9/29/2009 9:23:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
First, I'm very happy that someone of BB's answered to me and I respect that!
Second I must defend my Idea :)

My argument for extending the deadline... well... for that misclicked mistake I lose $120k (I calculated that 2 weeks ago).
In next month if I set wrong prices I can lose up to $52k per a game. So I asked you if you can extend deadline (1st Oct) only for one week, only one home game?! That one game would mean a lot for my calculations :(

A.)
I understand your reason, but that is not so terrible. That money-injection would be just one small price for those who like to play with marketing and economic. And I really think that is very small! For me that mean just perfect balance between fans and arena size :P
I wonder what was in the previous month, was that "money injection" in the system so big? I would like to see statistics :P

B.)
Then... what is the point of ticket prices? You can disable that option of changing ticket prices (like in the most similar games). That would make economy and gameplay more simply :P

P.S.
And... expanding deadline for only one week would not change global economy at all!

This Post:
113423.24 in reply to 113423.23
Date: 9/30/2009 1:03:36 AM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
a) the money injected would change the global economy, the reason you want it extended is so you can earn more money for your games, we agree.. if you could tune ticket prices on a game by game level you would make more money.. everyone makes more money that way and that affects the global economy pushing up money supply.

b) the point of ticket prices as i said is that you have to decide where to set them, but you don't just get to make the simple optimum decision, you need to make a complicated decision. Making a single game price is a simple boring and time wasting decision, and making a month long choice makes it an interesting choice in our view. I don't know how to make that argument any differently and i just felt like i repeated myself.

for a sense of perspective, I would estimate that teams could probably earn an additional 5% on every game they have, which would produce 5 billion dollars in extra revenue into the system every game day. we did it at the start of the season for a month because we knew without it teams would be severely underperforming the optimization due to rules we changed, so we implemented this temporary measure, we will not be extending it. I"m sorry you misclicked, but that decision is final.

This Post:
113423.25 in reply to 113423.24
Date: 9/30/2009 6:11:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, then I still have one chance to change my ticket prices today and I hope that my calculation would be a good. This is like a lottery :)

Thank you Forrest.

This Post:
113423.26 in reply to 113423.25
Date: 9/30/2009 6:36:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is like a lottery :)

Its allways like a lottery. But kind of a lottery in which you know more about the drawn numbers.