Suggestions > Trade Deadline is unfair

Trade Deadline is unfair

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
11948.18 in reply to 11948.17
Date: 1/12/2008 6:56:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I had the same exact days for my TV games.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
11948.19 in reply to 11948.18
Date: 1/12/2008 2:56:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am 'lucky' to have no TV for my last game. But should that be the case I wouldn't want to spend it on players who are probably more expensive than they would be after the deadline passes.

I also think the deadline does not realy solve the probelm they wanted to solve.
The same phenomenon will occur, it will only move in time. While last season the problem was during the play-offs, and right after, now the same thing is probably happening before the deadline, and again right after the play-offs.

The downside now will be that during play-offs prices will drop drastically, I think, since nobody will want to buy a player they can not use in the games but will have to get their wages payed anyway.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
11948.20 in reply to 11948.15
Date: 1/12/2008 6:38:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah i had a TV game last and TIE so will now suffer the supporter loss.... which was more concerning than the TL deadline... im in Japan so ive got more of a window with the time differnce in games but not problem solved.....as the Free Agents expire thursdays....

This Post:
11948.21 in reply to 11948.13
Date: 1/13/2008 2:55:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe when we negotiate our next TV contract, the distribution of revenue could be more balanced.

This Post:
11948.22 in reply to 11948.20
Date: 1/13/2008 8:53:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah i had a TV game last and TIE so will now suffer the supporter loss.... which was more concerning than the TL deadline... im in Japan so ive got more of a window with the time differnce in games but not problem solved.....as the Free Agents expire thursdays....

hm, it doesn't realy matter when you have a TV game scheduled if you TIE and loose... You will always loose much fans and fan money that way...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
11948.24 in reply to 11948.23
Date: 1/15/2008 8:24:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
true.
but this game and TIE and CT is not designed so managers can play CT or TIE for long periods, it is meant to use occasionally. So I don't think this argument (although it's true) will be any good to get things changed.

Having 300k less to spend on a player which you can use in play=off games however, is. So probably it will be programmed someday to not have the last game as TV game, and then everyone will be happy, no matter what their reason is. ;)

This Post:
11948.26 in reply to 11948.25
Date: 1/18/2008 12:29:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't understand your point. If they didn't want people to TIE for half a season, they would have made a rule. If they didn't make a rule, it means it's an available strategy *and a rewarding one at that*. So why again should people with a TV game on the last game be at a competitive disadvantage? I see no reason.

You didn't understand my point because you didn't get it. ;)
I said it was created for a certain goal, I didn't say they wanted to avoid it being used for other purposes, and as with everything, things do get used for other purposes than what they are created for, but that does not mean that the creator needs to adapt it's creation to fit the unintended use...
Example: a screwdriver was not created to open cans, yet people use it for opening cans, does this mean the creator needs to adapt the screwdriver to be fit to be opening cans?... no. ;)
There are many purposes for wich a screwdriver can be used, and is used, yet they will keep disigning the screwdriver to be fit for screwing.

So everyone can use TIE ans CT for which ever goal they see fit, but shouldn't ask BB to adapt scedules (or other stuff), due to the use of CT or TIE for what it was not created for.

Hope you get my point now...

Advertisement