TIE-TIE [solution]

Set priority
Show messages by

To: Ozzy
This Post:
141850.17 in reply to 141850.16
Date: 4/26/2010 11:20:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually in THIS game (I play a lot of games, and ONLY HERE) always I have feeling that all BB staff do not listen any suggestion!

I can assure you with 100% certainty that that is completely not the case.

We read every single suggestion that is posted in this forum, and have implemented or are in the process of implementing many of them.

There are many reasons why we may decline to implement some suggestions, but every one is most certainly considered.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

To: Edju
This Post:
141850.18 in reply to 141850.17
Date: 4/27/2010 7:33:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually in THIS game (I play a lot of games, and ONLY HERE) always I have feeling that all BB staff do not listen any suggestion!

I can assure you with 100% certainty that that is completely not the case.

We read every single suggestion that is posted in this forum, and have implemented or are in the process of implementing many of them.

There are many reasons why we may decline to implement some suggestions, but every one is most certainly considered.
Ok, I respect your answer. But then all that considered suggestions stay considered with you. There is no any feedback!

Look in this suggestion, I don't know what you think about it. If you think that is not good and if you tell me that, maybe I could improve my suggestion and make it better. Maybe next time I will know how things works.

This Post:
141850.19 in reply to 141850.18
Date: 4/27/2010 8:13:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd just like to point out that you can try and search the suggestion forum and find some posts of mine from a year ago, way before I was GM, saying the same thing, that I don't see TIE - TIE that much and in general don't want anything to be changed considering the enthusiasm system

This Post:
141850.20 in reply to 141850.19
Date: 4/27/2010 8:56:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd just like to point out that you can try and search the suggestion forum and find some posts of mine from a year ago, way before I was GM, saying the same thing, that I don't see TIE - TIE that much and in general don't want anything to be changed considering the enthusiasm system :)

But that's the same, everything will stay the same with enthusiasm system! Only other players will not be able to see what you played.

If we said that there are people who see and those who dont see those TIE-TIE, let say 50:50. If you do this, then this first 50% will be satisfied, and other 50% has nothing to lose. Right?

This Post:
141850.21 in reply to 141850.20
Date: 4/27/2010 9:28:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think seeing different efforts in game are vital for understanding results in general. We win nothing with hideing them. TIE-TIE deals are not a problem in this game (have never offered one or received an offer myself). Why would I ever suggest such a think knowing I lose (giving my rival enthusiasm boost). I would play tie anyway + with chances of winning I would go normal. Better yet I might offer one when I have a chance of winning the league and then just play normal!

This Post:
141850.22 in reply to 141850.20
Date: 4/27/2010 9:33:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have things to lose.
I will find it harder to interpret the results, and I will find it way harder to try and guess the ent of my next opponent and plan accordingly.
And even now, when you look at opponents matches, you don't always see the effort put in

This Post:
141850.23 in reply to 141850.21
Date: 4/27/2010 9:48:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think seeing different efforts in game are vital for understanding results in general. We win nothing with hideing them. TIE-TIE deals are not a problem in this game (have never offered one or received an offer myself). Why would I ever suggest such a think knowing I lose (giving my rival enthusiasm boost). I would play tie anyway + with chances of winning I would go normal. Better yet I might offer one when I have a chance of winning the league and then just play normal!
Heh... why would you waste your enthusiasm and play NORMAL and your opponent too when both of you can set TIE and be stronger next match? Heh... I see that you are never played first division and that IS important, because in lower division you can play TIE whole season easily... in top division enthusiasm is one that win games.

GM-Kivan
I have things to lose.
I will find it harder to interpret the results, and I will find it way harder to try and guess the ent of my next opponent and plan accordingly.
And even now, when you look at opponents matches, you don't always see the effort put in

That "harder" will make game more interesting. You will not be able to know what your opponent played. Only tactic, only you, only your team... why you need to know what opponent coach tell them in back-room? (or how to say "svlacionica")
In my league almost all matches I know what they played. We know each others for a years and every game I could guess what someone will played. Things that I hate the most, is that some teams play TIE-TIE for 8 seasons every their game! Is that normal?

This Post:
141850.24 in reply to 141850.23
Date: 4/27/2010 11:25:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but if they have been doing that for 8 years, they will continue even if you remove the line saying who played what, since they've know each other for years and trust each other
it won't change anything for you at the moment

This Post:
141850.25 in reply to 141850.23
Date: 4/27/2010 12:23:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Heh... why would you waste your enthusiasm and play NORMAL and your opponent too when both of you can set TIE and be stronger next match? Heh... I see that you are never played first division and that IS important, because in lower division you can play TIE whole season easily... in top division enthusiasm is one that win games.

It depends from many reasons,HCA home court,game shape of the player,defferent leve of enthusiasm,different schedules of the two team.I can think that i Can beat the other team and to not respect the TIE-TIE agrrement,or i can find that maybe it would be better to play normal-normal for the point difference and so on...
I know that TIE-TIE agrrement exists,but as for the not sold player tax,I don't think that to solve a problem for few managers,you should made the situation worse for all the users

This Post:
141850.26 in reply to 141850.25
Date: 4/27/2010 2:15:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It depends from many reasons,HCA home court,game shape of the player,defferent leve of enthusiasm,different schedules of the two team.I can think that i Can beat the other team and to not respect the TIE-TIE agrrement,or i can find that maybe it would be better to play normal-normal for the point difference and so on...
I know that TIE-TIE agrrement exists,but as for the not sold player tax,I don't think that to solve a problem for few managers,you should made the situation worse for all the users

The main advantage od TIE-TIE is even if you lose, you will have ent boost. This problem is frequent in top level leagues. Imagine that all teams, or at least 70% of them have similar teams. And if they lose a game, and lose ent. there will be at big disadvantage.

That problem, that TIE-TIE arrangement, is already fixed on HT with absolutely same solution. I wrote that already.

@GM-Kivan:
but if they have been doing that for 8 years, they will continue even if you remove the line saying who played what, since they've know each other for years and trust each other
it won't change anything for you at the moment

Yes, that's probably the true. But this will prevent another players to do that next 8 seasons!!!!

This Post:
141850.27 in reply to 141850.26
Date: 4/27/2010 2:43:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Comon stop looking for conspiracys. This problem is not frequent in top level leagues.
Your suggestion will not prevent anything. If two people (friends) want to agree to TIE-TIE they will still play it. T-T arrengement will die when one team wins both home and away that one season and the other team get's near to relegation because of that. That arrengement becomes obsolete at that point and will be broken by losing team playing normal.
I don't know about HT and their system, but from what I have heard BB is a lot more challenging and complex.
As we have stated already seeing effort info is VITAL for understanding the results.

Advertisement