Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
151690.17 in reply to 151690.16
Date: 7/18/2010 12:00:02 AM
Arizona Desert Storm
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Personally I place a lot of value in a PR Manager....I know not everyone agrees with me on this, but the way I see it:

1. A Doctor is good in the event that you have an injury. So for that 1-3 times a season that you have an injury, he comes in handy, but you have to pay for him every single week.

2. Trainers are obviously very important because they are tied your training, and that affects the players you play, an the value of the guys you are training.

3. A PR Manager is involved 3 times a week. He is involved in your fan survey, which affects attendance, as well as merchandising. Additionally you have that one road game, or home game a week depending on your speciality that he affects as well.

So the way I see it, a solid PR Manager will affect butts in the seats, merchandising $$, and the advantage you get at home or away. I don't see how a staff member that has a weekly impact could be considered expendable or not important. I will stick with my Level 5 PR manager, and my 33 point road victories :-)

This Post:
151690.18 in reply to 151690.17
Date: 7/18/2010 4:12:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
For Div V, a basic doctor and pr manager is fine. He's winning his games so filling his arena should not be a problem. I haven't personally had many injuries so I'm a little biased against having an expensive doctor. But if you have the money, why not?

This Post:
151690.19 in reply to 151690.18
Date: 7/18/2010 4:17:25 AM
Arizona Desert Storm
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree, there are a lot of things a lot more forgiving when you are in Level V, and I am certainly not advocating spending more money than you have to, or should.....Any I probably didn't actually finish the point I was trying to make earlier...I keep hearing these blanket statements dissing the need for a PR guy....I agree that a Level V doesnt NEED it, although a higher PR manager at a good price is a good idea at any level; however, lets just make sure we are sending the message to people that we are indicating the need isn't as strong for a higher PR manager at Level V, but that definitely changes as you progress. I have read some Level III owners say the same thing, and I wonder if its because they were told that when they were new, and just stuck with that philosophy as they have promoted. My sons team is Level V, and he has a Level IV PR Manager, and I would have to say in light of him tanking it last season, his advanced 4 PR guy is really paying dividends right now!

Last edited by Jason at 7/18/2010 12:48:19 PM

This Post:
151690.20 in reply to 151690.19
Date: 7/18/2010 8:39:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i just had one of my starters injured so i will probly keep my doctor until he is healed

This Post:
151690.21 in reply to 151690.11
Date: 7/18/2010 12:58:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok I need help with my team about knowing who to train and who to start I came rght after the first game of the season so that doesn't matter but I jus lost to a team I should beat and I jus need help training and getting a line up wondering if u could help!

This Post:
151690.22 in reply to 151690.21
Date: 7/18/2010 2:54:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Looks like your best trainees are PF/C. So concentrate on that with 2 position training of big men. Pick your best 6 trainees and make sure your 18-21 year olds are your main focus, but it's ok to use your 23 year old in this cycle as he looks like he might be your best player and it will help you win some games to keep him in the cycle. Don't use your 32 year old center you bought in your training. And also the 19 year old MVP guard you bought seems like his starting skills are too low to really worry about training - but I can't see his skills so you may disagree. But he won't train well in this cycle. But if you like him, then you could include him in training and next season if you get a couple of good guards in the draft, then you can switch next season to guard training and this 19 year old will have some decent secondary skills already built up. Good luck.