Log-in page

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
15506.18 in reply to 15506.17
Date: 2/6/2009 2:10:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe some famous NBA quotes? Something like these ones:

After Michael Jordan had scored a play-off record 69 points - I'll always remember this as the night Michael and I combined to score 70 points.
Stacey King

In my prime I could have handled Michael Jordan. Of course, he would be only 12 years old.
Jerry Sloan

I’m tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Shaquille O’Neal

We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors.
Weldon Drew

But you have to understand, my beard is so nasty. I mean, it's the only beard in the history of Western civilization that makes Bob Dylan's beard look good.
Bill Walton

They say it about brothers, but I can guarantee everyone in Finland looks alike.
Charles Barkley

I've been rich and poor. Being rich is better.
Charles Barkley

This Post:
15506.19 in reply to 15506.18
Date: 2/6/2009 2:15:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors.
Weldon Drew

This quote is already incorporated in BB. Brownie points if you can find out where

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 2/6/2009 2:15:47 PM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
15506.20 in reply to 15506.19
Date: 2/6/2009 2:19:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Player ratings rules.

I like brownies. Well, brownies and easy google searches. http://www.google.com/search?q="we+have+a+great+bunch+of+...

This Post:
15506.21 in reply to 15506.20
Date: 2/6/2009 2:25:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm missing this one-

"Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points they almost always win."
-Doug Collins

This Post:
15506.22 in reply to 15506.21
Date: 2/6/2009 2:28:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Some pretty good here, especially Jason Kidd - http://lowposts.com/quotes/

Message deleted

This Post:
15506.24 in reply to 15506.22
Date: 2/6/2009 4:47:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(Directed to Juice)

How can the development team expect us to help expand the number of registered users by referring people onto the game if we're not being listened to? A GM tell us that "If a parody quote is going to stop someone from playing a game, then they didn't really want to play anyways" is not a helpful responce to feedback. Do you want people to come and join in and play the game or not? Do you want to expand the player base?

I really am passionate about this issue, it is not a moot point. I've tried to get ten or so people playing and everyone one of them have come back to me almost straight away saying how stupid those quotes are, and a lot of them didn't go any futher. They gave up playing before they saw the brilliant game lying on the next page. These people wern't "not going to play it anyway", they, like me, saw something really *stupid* on the front page and decided the game wasn't for them.

I don't understand how you can bold-facedly claim to want real feedback from the community in one thread then in another completely disregard it. You have not given any real reasons as to why they shouldn't be removed, all you have done Juice is borderline insult the people who are trying to help grow the game.

Having it there as some sort of acid test of humour does NOT help the community grow. Not giving real answers to legitimate questions does not help either. Why should people spend hours posting on forums, telling their friends and so on if you're not going to help us help the game. I understand that if the game grows significantly then revenues will also grow. I understand this leads to a better gaming experience for us all and i applaud the design team on their efforts, it's a great game.

Either give a real reason not to or suggest it to the BB's and get it changed (this is the job of a community manager, am i right?). We deserve more than just being brushed off your shoulder. If it's not changed you will keep getting post from players on the issue, until they're changed or removed, because they are a much bigger block to expanding the player base than you're giving them credit for.

This Post:
15506.25 in reply to 15506.24
Date: 2/6/2009 5:16:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yikes!

I like to remember that the GM's are players first, and moderators as well. I see your point Soel, but I think Juice should be able to give his thoughts as well. In many many posts it is Juice who has given me the answer I am looking for, or who adds the 'other' perspective from the original poster that maybe they(or I) did not see. I consider him and the other GM's as knowledgeable sources who speak from experience and for themselves, not necessarily for the BB's (in regards to ideas or suggestions). Gotta give Juice his say just like we get ours. Juice has made me rethink what I thought of Celtics fans because he is so helpful and informed (:P). In response to the BB who responded, perhaps this discussion should switch over to suggestions for new phrases for the front page......

"You think you got what it takes to manage me to the top?"

"I just play basketball, you have to do all of the hard work"

And my fav that will never be......

"HT sucks now, come check this out!" (hahaha, dont get your panties in a bunch people)

To: RiP
This Post:
15506.26 in reply to 15506.1
Date: 2/6/2009 5:19:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the comments. They are not funny as hell but I find them refreshing. A game like this doesn't need to look profesionnal and super serious.

I easily prefer :

"This is totally an internet game! I really, really play it."

to

"The best game on the planet... and it's free! Sign up now!"

This Post:
15506.27 in reply to 15506.25
Date: 2/6/2009 5:23:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sure, i'm maybe just sour because i spent a fair while typing out a post to have it disregarded and closed very quickly (without even a link to the previous thread).

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/BBWeb/Forum/read.aspx?thread=...)

Advertisement