Suggestions > Injuries in WalkOvers

Injuries in WalkOvers

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
177287.17 in reply to 177287.16
Date: 3/13/2011 6:27:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And I bet if we do a poll, 99% of people will prefer part minutes with no injury rather than part minutes with the risk of injury.
If walkovers gave full minutes then I can understand adding risk of injury, but considering that walkovers actually make training harder rather than easier, it seems fair to remove the risk of injury.

This Post:
177287.19 in reply to 177287.15
Date: 3/16/2011 2:45:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was giving a comparisson between a normal game and a walk over game, and tried to bring forward the things that where the same, and which where diffrent.
And seeing the BBs tried to simulate it as good as possible, it looks logical to me the injury risk stayed.

this is also regardless of advantages.

someone also said that not having a walk over would make the manager choose the minutes, but nothing is less right. They can choose the line up and hope they will get the minutes they want, but that is never sure and often is hard to predict for sure.
with a walk over, the manager EXACTLY knows how many minutes which players will get.
So I'd say it the other way around: with a walk over the manager gets to choose the minutes, with a regular game it's always gambling.

The question here however is: should the system be changed, and walk overs be injury free?
When I think a system is bad, I will want it to change, but the system we have is not bad, neither would the system without be. But as neither is bad, I see no reason to change.

if we have a poll 99% might vote to have it injury free, and get minutes, but then again, 99% would vote to get 100k extra cash for free each week as well...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
177287.20 in reply to 177287.19
Date: 3/16/2011 2:57:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes but in the walkover the manager may get to choose the minutes, but that is not helpful for training at all.
A regular game may be gambling, but at least you have a chance of getting full minutes, and even if you don't get full minutes you will almost certainly get more minutes than in a walkover.

Yes but getting 100k extra cash each week isn't realistic :P Having injury free walkovers is realistic, who has ever heard of an injury occuring in a walkover in real life?? Simply wouldn't happen.

This Post:
177287.22 in reply to 177287.21
Date: 3/16/2011 4:12:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't mind there being a risk of injury in a walkover (even though I prefer it wasn't possible.)
The problem that I have is that the risk of injury in a walkover is bigger than the number of minutes played.
The calculation for probability of an injury seems to have been calculated over 48 minutes of the match, even though my players were only allocated 12 minutes each.
That means that they can be injured in the additional 36 minutes of a match and are not even credited for the minutes.
Hardly seems fair.

This Post:
177287.24 in reply to 177287.23
Date: 3/16/2011 5:48:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hopefully :)