BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic

Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
232173.17 in reply to 232173.11
Date: 12/03/2012 18:43:21
Overall Posts Rated:
perhaps, it would slightly help team in 4th to have a better finance, but a better way to solve issue is to add in bonus to the league winner in the main league of the nation.

This Post:
232173.19 in reply to 232173.17
Date: 12/03/2012 18:57:15
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
perhaps, it would slightly help team in 4th to have a better finance, but a better way to solve issue is to add in bonus to the league winner in the main league of the nation.

That would be OK, but now you have 0$ from winning the 1st League, and now they took from you 400-500k more in the playoffs..
That's the award for be the best in your country..

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
232173.20 in reply to 232173.19
Date: 12/03/2012 19:41:54
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Mr. Patrick.........I have a question............

of pertaining to the fan survey.......what will you do to improve it? Will you improve it? I'm asking this because this issue has been around for a long time. Like for instance.....

You're the underdog team going to play against one of the best teams in the League. Your players play the hardest, fight to the very very end, and lose by 1 in OT..........

Normally, a real fan would say, "This team played their hardest tonight. I compliment of how they fought to the very last second man......I thought they'd get smacked tonight. But this? WOW! Good job, Good Effort!" And would probably give them a "3" in the fan survey..........

right now, it's like this: "WHAT!?" yall lose? What the world is going on? You were supposed to win. Play for the win! I don't like loses. This is stupid. If you guys ain't gonna win a game, I won't support you" and give you a "1" in the fan survey, -_-

The fan survey also (I think) predicts how many fans will come to your next game........and well what do you think? Will more fans come after a win, or after a heartbreakening loss? Obliviously right now, people would go to watch teams play after they win, but in real life, if they seen a team fight their hardest.........shouldn't they go? I mean I can make more situations then this one, and right now this fan survey is messed up.

So back to the question: What will you do to improve the quality of the fan survey?

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
232173.21 in reply to 232173.19
Date: 12/03/2012 19:58:26
Overall Posts Rated:
That and a shiny cartoon trophy on your team page that hardly anyone ever looks at!

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.
This Post:
232173.22 in reply to 232173.20
Date: 12/03/2012 20:08:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Fan survey should be more like enthusiasm as far as moving around.
Balls start at 3 (average to start the year).

Big win ~ t.i.e. Balls go up maybe +1.
So-so win ~ normal. Balls go up +.5 or stay the same.
So-so loss ~ normal. Balls go down -.5 or stay the same.
Bad loss/upset by weaker team ~ crunch. Balls go down -1.

Stop these huge swings of a narrow win = 5 balls but a narrow loss = 1 ball. It is unrealistic even for an at times unrealistic game.

Last edited by Kumiko (CAN U21) at 12/03/2012 20:09:12

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.
This Post:
232173.24 in reply to 232173.23
Date: 12/04/2012 01:49:51
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
Simply and fast:
Have u considered revaluating of JR and SB? Just simple new salary formula could solve LI dominating=more new game options=more new discovering=more fun etc.?
thanks

1 BBB, 20 Leagues, 10 Tournaments, 3 Europe Titles (SVK), 2 World Bronzes (SVK), 2 Europe Bronzes (SVK,FRA), 42 Seasons NT coaching
This Post:
232173.25 in reply to 232173.24
Date: 12/04/2012 02:58:07
Overall Posts Rated:
you read my thoughts:) I would formulate the question a little differently: have you considered reevaluating the salary or even cap formula for JR and SB, because, like you can see, they are just few managers that train SB and it's a pity...

Thanks!

This Post:
232173.26 in reply to 232173.11
Date: 12/04/2012 09:12:22
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey BB's, first of all, I really liked the Achievements Idea. I am a collector in nature, and sometimes I find collecting flags to be even for fun and challenging than competing. I think you should add some major achievements to be shown on the profile of the teams that get them, something that will show, something to brag about. Maybe it can be a little something special everytime someone makes it through all the achievements in a catagory.

About the price changes, I think it has been overdiscussed before the change, and I dont think any change would be accepted unanimously, as expeted of such a big community.

What I would like to offer, and I'm sure you guys have brought this up more than once, is an Iphone/Android app.
It's not a huge issue in Android really, but in iphone, it's extremely hard to make it so that you can watch a game live.
Flash, as you know, is a no-no in apple, but some companies are able to make it work in certain apps. I've seen it in many apps of big companies, such as the NBA app for example. I would really like to have an app that would make my experiance of BB more mobile. Some people are rarely home and manage a lot of their computer affairs through their smartphones, I think BB should step up to that level.

Draft should be much more benefitial in my eyes, the fact that most teams that invest in their draft get complete and utter scrubs that can hardly be a potential to compete in high levels, make those teams rethink in putting their money there. Some teams even give up the draft for good, I've seen it more times than not. It came to a situation where teams that train young players usually do so as an agenda, giving up being competitive in the process. I dont suggest a complete reform in draft and scouting, just boosting up the probability of a good player with nice potential being picked. Good potential players sometimes go to waste with bot teams or teams that have no use in the player and doesn't know it's value.

I have also brought up a suggestion regarding the cup, and I'll be more than happy if you guys read it, I think it can work out as a great feature, and not too difficult to implement.

(226616.1)

This Post:
232173.27 in reply to 232173.1
Date: 12/04/2012 09:19:56
Overall Posts Rated:
This topic is a great idea, as it is every time you BBs do it. Keeping in touch with the community is really important :)

I have several questions, but I will start with three, hopefully at least one will be answered :P

People working on BB
Everyone remembers (I guess) when you hired 3 people to improve BB. One of them got fired after a while, one has been caught cheating and has been fired as well. I know nothing about the third, probably he's not working with you guys anymore. I'm not blaming, on the contrary I'm saying that that was a great push from the BBs but it was an unlucky situation.
I still think that BB needs more people involved to actually work on improvements, are you planning on "replacing" the 3 people above hiring more people sooner or later?

...that leads to my second question: game engine
I know that the BB engine is really complicated and made of huge amount of coded lines. Because of that it's really hard for anyone to put hands on it, even for BBs. In spite of the situation, though, the game engine needs some tweaks and changes and hasn't been touched for a long time* because of the difficulty involved. Are you planning to do finally something about it? (even hiring people to understand the code and work on it, see question above).
I mean: do you think this is a minor issue? In the italian forums this is seen as the major BB issue at the moment...

(* Yes, it has been touched "lately", adding the isolation tactics that don't work and nobody uses them... but that is another question I will not put in this post :P)

3rd and final question: economy
Right now draft (=luck) is more important than training a player in a proper way. 18yo with potential >MVP are sold at crazy prices. The same 18yo player sold for example at 3M, after some years of good training not only his price is not going over 3M but he's valued maybe 2M or less :-\
Do you think this is a problem? Are you discussing this in your area? Are you planning a change?

Advertisement