Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
290417.17 in reply to 290417.16
Date: 10/19/2017 10:49:41 AM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Youth players can me moved back and forth between the two teams. They can play in the youth league games and on the main team games as well. That game doesn't have a Game Shape rating but it does have a stamina rating. Play the youth players too much and you wear them out and they play worse. However, the do build up their experience rating faster.

This Post:
290417.18 in reply to 290417.17
Date: 10/20/2017 4:34:52 AM
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Sounds like a valid way to use here too. I hope the developers have seen this thread and have enough input!

If any others have more feedback, ideas or ways to make this work, let's hear it!

This Post:
290417.19 in reply to 290417.18
Date: 10/20/2017 7:02:34 AM
Diamond Dogs
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
The youth team is also a great way to develop your top rookie until he is ready to play for the first team, that way you don't have to sacrifice your main starters just to get the inexperienced rookie some training minutes.

This Post:
290417.20 in reply to 290417.19
Date: 10/20/2017 8:25:28 AM
Vattjom Vatos
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Utopia Vatos
Having a Youth Team will not be competitive at all, not even for new managers.
A promotion/relegation depends on the A-teams performance, not the Youth Team in your suggestion.
It's purely a way of training another 3-6 players up till the age of 21, without having to sacrifice spots on the A-team.

And if the youth training is not as fast as the normal one, you don't want to waste it on MVP+ talents.
It's a perfect way to fill up your bench or lower division team rosters with adept players, but since the market will be overflooded with those semi-developed 21yo, in a couple of years, no one will get any money by selling since there will be no need to buy them. Market might collapse.

In my humble opinion, a Draft system and a Youth system can't coexist. It's two different ways of adding young new players to the game. You can have one or the other, not both.

One way might be to change the draftsystem a bit. Drafting players at the age of say 16-17, and instead of drafting them to your original roster, you have a Youth Development Team(YDT) where you can mold/train your draftees a bit further in the areas you want them to develop before you can promote them to your roster. Players can stay in the Development Team up to 19 but can be eligable for promotion at 18. The YDT will not have games to play(stressing the server), only weekly progress reports from your Youth Training staff(No need to add new type of staff, or...?).

This way you could still keep the draft system AND develop your young players a bit(slower than normal) before they join your Team.

OR you get rid of the Draft system that somewhat favors bad teams and create a Youth Team that will favor already good teams and managers. I still don't think youth games are necessary or needed. The main, if not ONLY, focus will be on developing players. Get your tactical skills by playing scrimmages and PL:s.
Main thing is that this training is not as fast and efficient as normal training. So if you want to develop a 140+ TSP player you need him to play A-Team basketball, not Youth basketball. Maximum skill levels and age need to be restricted, limiting the amount of development a player can get before promoting to your A-Team. I think youth players in this case should auto-promote to A-team when they turn 20.

Developing young talent means you need to sacrifice something else. Thats just the way it is in this game, and all manager games.

If you need to make new managers feel competitive, maybe give them the opportunity to play (or autofill) a Private League with all new managers without the need of Supporter. There they can experiment with players, lineups and tactics against managers in the same situation/development.

(Sorry guys, but nothing to do at work today... ;-) )

This Post:
290417.21 in reply to 290417.20
Date: 11/8/2017 10:56:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In Brasil, a game of soccer menager [I don't know if I can says here game name] like BuzzerBeater that use U21 players, trainers, scouts and championships - but in distincts team and windows.

To the BB, because the minutes are add, the same engine needed to be implanted.

By the way, will distincts too week minutes of trainning of professional players and U21. A player in U21 team can't play in the professional games - because your minutes of trainning. If this happen, the U21 player will be trainning in the professional and base category - occuring double up skills effect.

One time the U21 player as promoted he can't turn back.

I agree that the most young players with 14, 15, 16 and 17 years old and more rounds and players in the draft - or only 16 and 17.

But I think that only 18 years old players or more can be promoted.

That this way, the U21 players and national teams championships take will be most strong

The semanal trainning system to the U21 is the same of professional.

To implant all this, require a cost to the clubs - high, I say. Because this, the U21 club competitions can move the finance enginee of the BB.

In the game of soccer, exist a system of sponsorship - like a real soccer life - to increase revenues to this type of expenses. Are sponsor:
- Official Sponsor;
- Sports Sponsor; and
- Plates around in the gym, next to the court and table.

Differently of the players, the finances are only one.

To the BB, the revenues from sponsors can be happ in the off-season and mid-season [All-Star Game week], time to the club receive sponsorships propostals and decline or accept differents contract types - all season or half.

The value of each propostal - on off-season - be make including:
- Fans search;
- Last season performances;
- Next season previews;
- Club structure [gym, players [include the fact of player participed in the last ASG] and finances

The value of each propostal - on mid-season - be make including:
- Fans search;
- Lasts games played;
- Club structure [gym, players [include if player will participe on this season ASG] and finances

This way of the sponships is too a way of the BB go search on the market business can interessed to show your name - and make a increase revenue to improve the enginee game ;-)

Turn back of the club competitions

The U21 league championships be made equal and against clubs of the same league of the professional - nothing much more complicated.

After all this be implanted, in the future, who knows, the U21 club league can be improved more.

But I think we need do step-by-step, one each time.

Sorry my english!

This Post:
290417.22 in reply to 290417.21
Date: 11/12/2017 5:01:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a much better idea.

How about implementing an U18 team (youth team) that can be created by each team and have their own league? And, if the manager wants a certain player to play for the main team, then he would just promote him out of the Youth League.

However, this might coincide to the very definition of "drafting". But I think this is a much better idea.

This Post:
290417.23 in reply to 290417.22
Date: 11/12/2017 8:40:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't like this last idea.

We need the simple plan, not much more complicated.

This Post:
290417.24 in reply to 290417.22
Date: 11/13/2017 10:45:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm with you on this one. Everyone should have a youth team, and you should be able to have players starting from, let's say, 16 year old. It should be free for all, and you should be able to train your youth in the same way you train main team. starting from 18 years you can promote your guys or dump them. You would have one game per week.
They compete in a separate league independent of main team. There should be some disadvantage like hidden potential or something. And maybe limit the players that you can promote per season. just my two cents

EDIT: draft and youth team should coexist, just like real life.

Last edited by Boston Celts at 11/13/2017 10:47:14 AM

This Post:
290417.25 in reply to 290417.24
Date: 11/14/2017 7:30:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My thoughts exactly ^_^

This Post:
290417.26 in reply to 290417.1
Date: 12/4/2017 10:15:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Hey Jerunderbar,

Long time no talk. I'll cut the pleasantries short. I have mixed oppinions off your idea and i'll state them below

why 'im against the idea:
1) some managers don't like to train. They rarely have 'competitive players '(players who play game minutes in Championship games) that are below the age of 21 on their rosters. They just prefer not to waste cash in training and play for championships time after time. It's a valid strategy in the game. With your idea, you'd force them into training or picking up younger sub 22y old players. Assuming they won't want to train, you'll be wasting the talent of those players or forcing the team into investing in something they don't really want to. So you'd have to give managers the option to opt into this competition

2) you will basically require 2x the current server space for the extra amount of competitions that is being held. That means that BB has to have the finances to invest for that room. The alternative is to make it a supporter feature, but then you are turning it into a Pay to Win game, which will lose you a bunch of users!

Why i'd see some merit in this suggestion
1) teams in the top divisions have a hard time training players to their specific needs. by doing this, you could tailor a player to your team needs, which would be a huge positive.

Now to reply for the arguements you've made:

1. New managers will be able to compete sooner;

The problem is that BB is such a complicated game and that the game manual is hopelessly outdated. The tutorial helps a bitt, but it's still not enough. New managers don't understand how everything works and with a lack of information and communication within the communities, it means that they can't find the new information, thus don't understand certain game results and quit out of frustration. BB is a complex game. it's not just something you start and improve with right away.

2. Existing managers can realize their ideas about players/teams much more easily;

valid argument. However, limiting such a thing to a U21 competition is wrong. To test real idea's, you'd need to train them completely to a lvl where they could really compete. For that to happen, you'd need a test environment. And currently there are enough problems within the game that need more urgent fixing (competition, game manual update, ...) I'm going to be making a couple of forum posts in the near futur about all those issues.

3. Training for U21 (and both training and U21 in general) will become much more appealing;

There are other ways to make this more interesting that require less coding. The problem right now is that the U21 & NT championships are boring for 70% of the teams. 10% knows they will qualify for future rounds. 60% knows they have no chance. So it's the remaining 30% that are fighting over scraps, only to be steamrolled by the monster teams who saved enthusiasm untill the very end... So there is need for a U21/NT reformation. i've made such a suggestion in the U21/NT fora. It gathered some steam, but nothing was done with it. So while i argee that Training needs to be made more appealing, there are easiers ways to accomplish this without putting such a financial strain on BB (see earlier)

This Post:
290417.27 in reply to 290417.1
Date: 12/4/2017 10:15:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

4. Player market improves because of more training;

not really. you'll flood the market with more players, meaning you'll kill the medium lvl transactions. however the high end talent will still remain as expensive as before. the difference between good and great will just be that you need to pay considerably less for good because there will be more of it available. This all goes back to Supply and Demand, which are basic economic principles. This will hurt the teams who train general good players and don't want to train them to the excellent lvl (because they can't afford it economically or because they don't want to go the distance.)

5. Feedback on changes in the Game Engine, skills and salary will be much faster.

if you really want to run this, you need to get a test environment. BB used to have them at some stage (no clue if it still exists or not). But again, there are more pressing issues in my oppinion.

As a disclaimer, none of the arguements that i've made are ment derogatory. Should you find any of the stuff written insulting, mail me along with an explanation why you find it derogatory & i'll see how i can rephrase it.

kind regards

Athrun

Advertisement