Suggestions > Strategy for the match

Strategy for the match

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
41887.17 in reply to 41887.6
Date: 8/30/2008 7:13:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
However I do not argue that more options is always pleasant I think that in this case it would mean more gambling and less real tactical game play. What will the other player play each quarter? what should I play to counter his tactics?
This will be very hard and more then often gambling will take place. Is this what we want?
Personnaly I don't like that idea.

Gambling is what we have now. We don't have any clue about the tactic the opponent will play. If he decides to change his habits and surprise us, we are lost.

What the game needs is a big amount of conditions and consecuences. For example.
"If player x of the opponent team is on the floor, I play player y"
"If I am winning/losing for more than 20 in the last quarter, I play my bench players"
"If the other team is playing inside, I defend 2-3"
"If player y has played the 30 minutes he needed, I substitute it"
"If any player has 3 fouls in the first half, he goes to the bench" (no need for the simulation to do that for us)
and so on...

That is the kind of strategic decisions that a real coach has to do.

This Post:
41887.18 in reply to 41887.17
Date: 8/30/2008 7:42:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Gambling is what we have now. We don't have any clue about the tactic the opponent will play. If he decides to change his habits and surprise us, we are lost.

Now we have the chanche to get the enemy when analyse him, with options like that -> ""If the other team is playing inside, I defend 2-3"" there is simple order for everygame.

"If I am winning/losing for more than 20 in the last quarter, I play my bench players"

"If player y has played the 30 minutes he needed, I substitute it"

The training systems become to easy

This Post:
41887.19 in reply to 41887.17
Date: 8/30/2008 10:59:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That is the kind of strategic decisions that a real coach has to do.

We are not coaches.

We do pretty much everything else.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

This Post:
41887.20 in reply to 41887.14
Date: 8/31/2008 7:30:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
look all my games i played since i started is R & G

and for me the reason your team jack up 35 3's is probably you dont have any other offensive option than to shoot 3, the defese had read your offense in the way it sees your players on the floor lock down on the drives and inside shots or perimeter shooting.

and probably your strongest asset is your shooting. eventually they will shoot :D

This Post:
41887.21 in reply to 41887.19
Date: 9/1/2008 4:14:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You're the manager. You pick the players, you train them, and you tell them how to play. Want a bigger arena? Build it. Want to draft a superstar? It's all about scouting. You make the decisions and you’re in charge!

That comes from sign in page.

I pick the players. (Manager brings them in coach decides who plays)
You train them (strictly a coach’s job, no self respecting coach would let management tell them how to train)
You tell them how to play (coach decision again)
Want a bigger arena (management only)
Draft a superstar (both the coach and management)
You make the decisions and you’re in charge! (I’m not in charge as the coach constantly makes decisions I would never make)

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
41887.22 in reply to 41887.17
Date: 9/13/2008 9:06:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What the game needs is a big amount of conditions and consecuences. For example.
"If player x of the opponent team is on the floor, I play player y"

Team A sets:
"If player X of the opponent team is on the floor, I play player Y"
"If player Z of the opponent team is on the floor, I play player U"
"If the other team is playing outside, I defende 3-2"

Team B sets:
"If player Y of the opponent team is on the floor, I play player Z"
"If the other team is defending 2-3, I play outside"
"If player U of the opponent team is on the floor, I play player X
"If the other team is defending 3-2, I play inside"

Last edited by hoo-cee at 9/13/2008 9:07:43 PM

This Post:
41887.23 in reply to 41887.22
Date: 9/14/2008 4:12:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can see that kind of things in a real match.

But you can only make substitutions in the middle of free throws and time-outs.
And offence decides how to play when they see the defence, every play. (in fact, in Europe you can see a team changing zone-individual defense every play, or full-court pressure-half court defence)

Last edited by FCardelle at 9/14/2008 4:14:57 AM

This Post:
41887.24 in reply to 41887.22
Date: 9/14/2008 5:55:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

aren't such advices boring, because i becomes nearly impossible to kill the opponent with your advices because every team acts right on the opponent orders? If such things implemented, you could cut off all orders, in my eyes.

This Post:
41887.25 in reply to 41887.24
Date: 9/14/2008 6:17:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yep, I wouldn't like it either. Would be also too complicated and time-consuming.

This Post:
41887.26 in reply to 41887.25
Date: 9/15/2008 10:45:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the beauty of bb compare to other online basketball manager games for me is not just in the real time you get to watch it live with a court and you see shot sttempted and how it goes.

but the simplicity of how to navigate things around compare to other sites.

i did try to play other but i get so bothered and bored because it takes me so much time just to get a game set, my players training module and ect.

you cant just set thngs automatically or with a lot of if and donts,

i think this person just needed to be taught how to check and scout other teams,
its not easy but the challenge and excitement of this, you get to see clearly if your strategy or gamble pays off.

This Post:
41887.27 in reply to 41887.26
Date: 9/15/2008 11:54:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the beauty of bb compare to other online basketball manager games for me is not just in the real time you get to watch it live with a court and you see shot sttempted and how it goes.

but the simplicity of how to navigate things around compare to other sites.

i did try to play other but i get so bothered and bored because it takes me so much time just to get a game set, my players training module and ect.

you cant just set thngs automatically or with a lot of if and donts,

i think this person just needed to be taught how to check and scout other teams,
its not easy but the challenge and excitement of this, you get to see clearly if your strategy or gamble pays off.

I completely agree with this.

This isn't meant to be rocket science.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Advertisement