Suggestions > Chemistry

Chemistry

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
41991.17 in reply to 41991.16
Date: 8/29/2008 7:45:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's why new players start out in lower-leagues, so that they can get a chance to develop before getting promoted.

Actually quite a major part of the said development takes place after promotion with the help of the promotion bonus money.

But these "unbeatable teams with high chemistry" you speak of would also have been promoted to a higher division. The fact of the matter is, chemistry will be a choice that not every manager, new or old, is going to emphasize.

This Post:
41991.18 in reply to 41991.17
Date: 8/29/2008 7:49:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But these "unbeatable teams with high chemistry" you speak of would also have been promoted to a higher division. The fact of the matter is, chemistry will be a choice that not every manager, new or old, is going to emphasize.

I don't remember mentioning any unbeatable teams with high chemistry.

On the other hand, promoting teams will be disadvantaged because they will have to restructure in order to meet the demands of a stronger division. So it makes very little sense to implement a measure that will hurt teams that are already supposedly weaker than the competition.

Moreover, like it or not, this game thrives on an active transfer market. As long as teams do not use this to make excessive profit, the more players are offered, the better.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 8/29/2008 7:50:15 PM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
41991.19 in reply to 41991.18
Date: 8/29/2008 10:00:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
On the other hand, promoting teams will be disadvantaged because they will have to restructure in order to meet the demands of a stronger division. So it makes very little sense to implement a measure that will hurt teams that are already supposedly weaker than the competition.

actually trying to meet those demands of a stronger division is the beauty of the challenge, the drama of the competition. being newly promoted makes it more difficult for that team at the start to compete on a higher division which makes it sweeter. especially now with all this legal holdup we are recieving!

all in all, we need to improve our team every season but as our australian gm said never under-estimate the game itself. i dont have the powerful center and power forwards other teams has but what makes my offense tick is not because my guards are all powerful ( imagine highest i have is 14k agaisnt other more higher) but my big men possess skills such as passing.

im not saying im all knowing, but adding another dimension such as this would make the course of how we play again change. we would see players that are selfish, entertaining, coach potato, bully, normal etc

This Post:
41991.20 in reply to 41991.13
Date: 8/30/2008 3:06:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually it's almost universally true that lower-league teams, if managed correctly, will revamp their roster exponentially more often than a well-established DI team.

I don't know whether this is wrong or right but a statement as smug as this one needs proof.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
41991.21 in reply to 41991.20
Date: 8/30/2008 8:21:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually it's almost universally true that lower-league teams, if managed correctly, will revamp their roster exponentially more often than a well-established DI team.

I don't know whether this is wrong or right but a statement as smug as this one needs proof.

A well-managed lower division team has space to rise up the ladder, which increases their income. As their income increases, they face the financial capacity to upgrade the roster, and the necessity to do so in order to match up with the stronger teams they find at lower levels. As opposed to this, in the long run all established DI teams will be running at their financial limit, so it will be hard and indeed unnecessary to revamp the roster.

I am not sure this statement is 'smug' or why it needs some sort of an elaborate 'proof'. It is simple application of common sense and it should be pretty obvious to see its logic.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
41991.22 in reply to 41991.21
Date: 8/30/2008 9:30:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
While perhaps this is true in some huge countries I find that playing in my small little country I could change my roster weekly if I chose to.

Smug is using words like 'universally' and 'exponentially', and phrases like 'if managed correctly' as if you were privy to the 'correct' way to manage a team and others weren't.

Elaborate proof is not necessary. Something more than an opinion would be nice if you are going to make grandiose statements as if they were facts.

This Post:
41991.23 in reply to 41991.22
Date: 9/1/2008 10:04:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
While perhaps this is true in some huge countries I find that playing in my small little country I could change my roster weekly if I chose to.

Smug is using words like 'universally' and 'exponentially', and phrases like 'if managed correctly' as if you were privy to the 'correct' way to manage a team and others weren't.

Elaborate proof is not necessary. Something more than an opinion would be nice if you are going to make grandiose statements as if they were facts.

The 'exponential' part will be 'universally' true when the game moves beyond its toddler stage. In 5-manager countries you might do as you wish, but this particular case really tells you nothing about the situation overall.

This Post:
41991.24 in reply to 41991.23
Date: 9/2/2008 12:03:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The 'exponential' part will be 'universally' true when the game moves beyond its toddler stage. In 5-manager countries you might do as you wish, but this particular case really tells you nothing about the situation overall.

Operative words here being "will be." Not now. Probably in the future. Universal I take to mean the game in whole, not just the big countries.

This Post:
41991.25 in reply to 41991.24
Date: 9/2/2008 12:31:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
wow you needs to go to the ring and join the contender fight

This Post:
41991.26 in reply to 41991.25
Date: 9/2/2008 2:29:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The idea of this thread was to bring out how chemistry is lacked in this game and would benefit all teams. Allot of teams say you can’t have more then 1 troubled player on a team before he starts making the team worse.

An option would be to get rid of the enthusiasm and replace it with chemistry. When the chemistry is up they play better and when it is down they play worse.

You can also have a player’s chemistry number as well instead of just the teams. You have your glue guys which make the team play better and bring the rest of the guys together and then you have your freaks who might be great at something put might also cause friction within the team.

Anybody who ever played a n a real competitive team will know this to be true and those same people understand that the enthusiasm should go as well.

This can be implanted with the upcoming season as well as there is enough time to set it up.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
41991.27 in reply to 41991.26
Date: 9/2/2008 2:53:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are correct. I apologize to Kozlodoev for my first post and to the thread in general for taking it off-topic.
I have to agree that making a "team chemistry" component contingent on how long teams remain unchanged or x% unchanged doesn't seem to jibe with the overall standard gameplay which involves tarining, selling, and buying players as integral parts of the game.
In real life, team chemsitry can change overnight based on a mountain of variables. I have played on teams with great chemistry that got our asses kicked on the floor. I have also played on teams with poor talent that achieved greater successes because of a belief in one another. And I have played on teams where guys literally hated one another but we kicked ass, mostly out of spite I think. I think it would be very difficult to add any sort of realistic "team chemsitry" component to the game.

Advertisement