BB Global (English) > BBB 3 Benefits

BBB 3 Benefits

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
32764.171 in reply to 32764.170
Date: 06/04/2008 16:16:22
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with the Kaiser. the reason the Galatasaray example doesn't work is because it would really hurt new teams. Right now, if you are playing a team that you have no chance against, it is smart to TIE so you have more enthu for games you can win. This would penalize weaker teams that make this wise decision.

Friends Do not Let Friends Play 2-3 Zone
This Post:
32764.175 in reply to 32764.174
Date: 06/05/2008 15:52:58
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow - since I started this lil ole post, I figured I would be back on the original topic which centered around the benefits received in this BBB tourney. To me, it's been shown that while yes, there may be issues with the amount of games played, strategic teams (with the appropriate sort of BB mojo) can navigate these waters and create a minor windfall.

This is a tournament that should be played in arcade mode at a base attitude level.
I say this because while watching the KDB/BC Torro match, I couldn't help but think if the game was prearranged and if it wasn't why should attitude matter in a game like this. It was a heck of a game until the 5point play late in the 4th opened the floodgates. Those are the types of games I think all of us would want to see and then we could spread the acolades approriately.
We can also see the players as they truely are and then reward the couragous winner of this event who would of had to navigate the matches and would allow this tournament to be kept within the guidlines in which all things are earned in BB.

By awarding them 10% to 20% all the common rewards associated with the game, the teams will get their just reward while the rest of us get to see a true slugfest.

This Post:
32764.176 in reply to 32764.175
Date: 06/05/2008 16:23:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Playing the tournament in arcade mode would more likely penalize the first division teams that didn't make the BB3 tournament. Because of having to spread out the top players and having to play TIE, those teams have a chance to knock off the BB3 teams and get ahead in the race for HCA in the playoffs. For example, in my league, the Sculpins have lost 3 league games due to BB3, when they would likely be undefeated if they were playing BB3 in arcade mode. Even in the controversial TIE conference in the US, next year, when there are only 2 US teams (instead of 5), the non-BB3 teams will have the incentive to not play mutual TIES (why commit yourself to TIE when you know the other team has to TIE?), knowing that the best way to get ahead of the BB3 teams is clinch HCA and win in the playoffs, which would then result in a future BB3 invite.

This Post:
32764.177 in reply to 32764.176
Date: 06/05/2008 17:26:35
Overall Posts Rated:
So you would rather penalize the masses under the current format and help out the top division?

Everyone would play the same games that matter - and the "best" team would get to prove it in a bubble? I like it

This Post:
32764.178 in reply to 32764.177
Date: 06/05/2008 17:45:43
Overall Posts Rated:
So FC Shocker (a US D IV team) would have made it to the second round in the cup without BB3?

Besides, if the BB's want to lessen the benefits of a top division, they can lower TV revenue and attendance.

This Post:
32764.179 in reply to 32764.178
Date: 06/05/2008 18:29:30
Overall Posts Rated:
You make it sound as if he has never lost in the first round before......

There are other "top" teams who have bowed out of the cup in the first round.

This Post:
32764.180 in reply to 32764.179
Date: 06/05/2008 20:09:39
Overall Posts Rated:
You make it sound as if he has never lost in the first round before......

There are other "top" teams who have bowed out of the cup in the first round.

True, the only Cup loss I've ever had was in the first round.

But it is safe to say that Salisbury would have made it out of the first round if not for the B3.

Friends Do not Let Friends Play 2-3 Zone
This Post:
32764.181 in reply to 32764.180
Date: 06/06/2008 01:44:48
Overall Posts Rated:
The point about this discussion, I don't like is, that a lot of people seem to assume, that participants of B3 earn huge rewards, that then disrupt the normal league. What is missing for me is the quantification of this.

The advantages of playing in B3 are
- earning money from attendance
- additional training minutes
- Enthusiasm

The disadvantages are:
- Game shape or bigger squad to avoid issues
- risk of injuries

Attendance: if you get lucky and have a big arena, this can mean quite some additional income (I think BC Töröö made 600'000 in the first 3 rounds?). For most participants, there is not much additional income.
additional training minutes:if you have the squad or a lucky schedule you get 48 minutes more per position. How much does this amount to? Maybee 1 pop in two weeks? Maybee 1.5 pops? So how much is that worth?
Enthusiasm: in the first rounds, you get away with playing Playoff normal, and you can push your enthusiasm to around 12 for games. But in my oppinion, enthusiasm is overrated, and not worth so much.

To me, this does not sound huge, and the teams that make it beyond round 3 earn their rewards. An arcade type of play would lessen the fun of B3 a lot in my eyes.

Advertisement