BB Global (English) > BBB 3 Benefits

BBB 3 Benefits

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
32764.178 in reply to 32764.177
Date: 06/05/2008 17:45:43
Overall Posts Rated:
So FC Shocker (a US D IV team) would have made it to the second round in the cup without BB3?

Besides, if the BB's want to lessen the benefits of a top division, they can lower TV revenue and attendance.

This Post:
32764.179 in reply to 32764.178
Date: 06/05/2008 18:29:30
Overall Posts Rated:
You make it sound as if he has never lost in the first round before......

There are other "top" teams who have bowed out of the cup in the first round.

This Post:
32764.180 in reply to 32764.179
Date: 06/05/2008 20:09:39
Overall Posts Rated:
You make it sound as if he has never lost in the first round before......

There are other "top" teams who have bowed out of the cup in the first round.

True, the only Cup loss I've ever had was in the first round.

But it is safe to say that Salisbury would have made it out of the first round if not for the B3.

Friends Do not Let Friends Play 2-3 Zone
This Post:
32764.181 in reply to 32764.180
Date: 06/06/2008 01:44:48
Overall Posts Rated:
The point about this discussion, I don't like is, that a lot of people seem to assume, that participants of B3 earn huge rewards, that then disrupt the normal league. What is missing for me is the quantification of this.

The advantages of playing in B3 are
- earning money from attendance
- additional training minutes
- Enthusiasm

The disadvantages are:
- Game shape or bigger squad to avoid issues
- risk of injuries

Attendance: if you get lucky and have a big arena, this can mean quite some additional income (I think BC Töröö made 600'000 in the first 3 rounds?). For most participants, there is not much additional income.
additional training minutes:if you have the squad or a lucky schedule you get 48 minutes more per position. How much does this amount to? Maybee 1 pop in two weeks? Maybee 1.5 pops? So how much is that worth?
Enthusiasm: in the first rounds, you get away with playing Playoff normal, and you can push your enthusiasm to around 12 for games. But in my oppinion, enthusiasm is overrated, and not worth so much.

To me, this does not sound huge, and the teams that make it beyond round 3 earn their rewards. An arcade type of play would lessen the fun of B3 a lot in my eyes.

This Post:
32764.182 in reply to 32764.181
Date: 06/06/2008 02:35:10
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not against the B3...go Toroo and Sculpins.

However you don't make much of an argument here. You tell people that they are wrong to claim that B3 gives an advantage without quantifying, yet you go on to make your point by saying things like, "Maybe," and "in my opinion," and, "to me, this does not sound huge."

Then you follow up those gems by saying that you think changing the B3 to arcade would lessen the fun, yet you fail to bother explaining how or why. Would B3 really be less fun in arcade? I'm not sure of that. A lot of people seem to enjoy their private leagues, and I have to think that running the B3 games in a manner similar to the national team games would be at least as enjoyable.

I think it is undeniable that an advantage exists, even if it is not as large as some people seem to think it is. The question is if the advantage is unfair. I do not believe it is either, so I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying that you cannot demand that people quantify and then yourself become even more vague than those with whom you disagree.

I do not think that a lot of the people who are complaining about the B3 would complain about a direct monetary compensation for the winner of a league or a cup, so why not just consider this the alternative? I would have to think that most of the participants are not getting as much out of the B3 as they would from, say, a million dollar champions bonus.

This Post:
32764.183 in reply to 32764.182
Date: 06/06/2008 11:16:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, I did not have much time this morning, so I left out, why I like the current format better than an arcade style game.

okay, I'm in this game, because I like manager kind of games, because I like a challenge and I like Basketball. The current format challenges me more than an arcade type thing:
I have to make a decision, where I set my priorities (choose between doing good in the league, the cup or/and B3). If I had unlimited resources, I could do good in all three, since I have not... To make that decision, I have to see, who are my opponents this week, and next week (although I don't know all of them yet), and then I have to plan whom to play and hope, my good players are not overplayed (or train "game shape"). Out of these decisions, I then get rewarded (hopefully) by winning and by earning some extra Cash, and maybe some training minutes.
So, in the arcade version, I field my best team no matter what. I don't get any rewards, I don't suffer any pains, only my ego is bolstered, when I win. For me, this would not be anywhere near as satisfying, as the current format. I hope, I have made my oppinion on why I don't like the arcade version as much clear.

To your first point (quantifying and then stating opinions): If I had no oppinion, I would not write in this forum. I could have tried to make my point in a better way (first stating facts, and then give my oppinions in a clear and conciese way), that's true.

And when I read a lot of these posts, I do get the feeling, that people are complaining because of the compensation, that participants receive in B3.

Last edited by zimiwings at 06/06/2008 11:17:29

This Post:
32764.184 in reply to 32764.183
Date: 06/06/2008 11:31:13
Overall Posts Rated:
So, in the arcade version, I field my best team no matter what. I don't get any rewards, I don't suffer any pains, only my ego is bolstered, when I win.

I would treat the B3 like PL leagues. I usually play top players but do some experimenting, move players into other positions, or use basic tactics as a barometer of how training/GS has affected my team.

Also, I would hesitate to use my best team/tactics for a no-reward tournament, as it just gives away more info to my opponents, especially ahead of big games.

Last edited by brian at 06/06/2008 11:31:47

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
32764.185 in reply to 32764.183
Date: 06/06/2008 11:48:38
Overall Posts Rated:
To your first point (quantifying and then stating opinions): If I had no oppinion, I would not write in this forum.

I didn't mean you shouldn't state opinions, I meant that you should not call out people for failing to quantify their opinions and then fail to quantify your own.

And when I read a lot of these posts, I do get the feeling, that people are complaining because of the compensation, that participants receive in B3.

You are right about that, but I think you miss my point. Some of the people who are complaining about B3 benefits would happily agree to paying the cup winner or league winner some prize money. I was pointing out that there was even less benefit coming from B3.

This Post:
32764.186 in reply to 32764.183
Date: 06/07/2008 11:09:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Totally agree with this.

Arcade mode would take away a lot of strategic desicions and make it less interesting.

I fear that it would be like PL games, you want to win the, but if you don't, you dont really care.

This Post:
32764.187 in reply to 32764.186
Date: 06/07/2008 11:43:43
Overall Posts Rated:
Totally agree with this.

Arcade mode would take away a lot of strategic desicions and make it less interesting.

I fear that it would be like PL games, you want to win the, but if you don't, you dont really care.

that's a nonsense. PL is organized in a private way (really? :P). there are is not income for matches. if you lose you can create a new one with friends.
arcade doesn't meen PL. there are many people asking the NTs to play as arcade competitions. I don't think that will decrease the interest in NT

This Post:
32764.188 in reply to 32764.184
Date: 06/07/2008 12:56:18
Overall Posts Rated:
Your team is probably one of the most scouted teams in the US so no matter who you put on the floor, who you buy, who you sell it would be seen and probably scrutinized.

I don't think the recommendation said no-reward. I would welcome a tournament played in arcade mode without the attitude. All the strategy is still there since you have to manage your lineup and tactics. It also reduces the negative feelings that have occured with the saving of attitude.

If you are the best, this mode would prove it.

Advertisement