Help - English > Who to train first...

Who to train first...

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
151902.18 in reply to 151902.16
Date: 7/18/2010 5:08:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I didn't think their was a height calculation in the game? Has that changed?

I haven't been playing this game for long, but since I started height has always affected training speed.

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/rules.aspx?nav=Trai...

From the guide:
Something to keep in mind: as in the real world, younger players will improve more quickly than older ones, and taller players will train faster in some areas while shorter players improve faster in others. You'll have to take advantage of this information to optimize your training routine.

So the shorter a player is, the faster he trains guard skills (JS, JR, OD, HD, PA, DR). The taller a player is, the faster he trains forward/center skills (IS, ID, RB, SB).
This doesn't mean a taller player's respectable rebounding ability is better than a shorter player's respectable rebounding ability. The players' heights are already taken into account when considering their skill level. So a 6'1 player with strong rebounding will rebound just as well as a 7'3 player with respectable rebounding. However, the 7'3 player will train faster in rebounding and other PF/C skills.

To: j9s3
This Post:
151902.19 in reply to 151902.18
Date: 7/18/2010 7:06:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My bad. Thanks for the input. I'll move my 6ft 5 C now, lol

Right is not a popularity contest!
This Post:
151902.20 in reply to 151902.15
Date: 7/18/2010 7:29:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That really seems like a wash, your later training in whatever is slowed down by just as much, plus you get your skills out of whack, which gives you a penalty to training.

Basically, there are two paths, going with balanced training (my strategy) will result in a slightly better player, but will waste some resources getting there. Doing all of the single position training first will allow you to focus resources more effectively, with a loss of a little bit of training efficiency, due to out of balance skills. There is of course also a compromise position, where you do mostly one position, but during the allstar week and other weeks with only two games (offseason) you do two position training.

I don't think you are taking into consideration the fact the original poster is in a higher league than you - he can train more unevenly as his income probably won't affect his ability to sustain his trainees wages (unlike those in IV or V series).

You also fail to justify how one week he can suddenly switch from 3 trainees to 6 (when you want to train a 2position only skill)... where do these other 3 trainees magically come from? There is no hardship to train Stamina or FT during the times he has only 2 games. If the players are getting 1 position training enough then a break here and there wont be so bad.

Your strategy might end up with a better player for you and the division you are in - for him in Division 2 he needs or will need the OD/PA to eventually promote and then hold his own in the top division in his country that has only 40 odd users.

A rounded Proficient guy will be nothing more than a decent bench player - he needs higher skills in key areas.

This Post:
151902.21 in reply to 151902.20
Date: 7/19/2010 5:02:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, after reading this, I'm now thinking to incorporate all those...meaning i'll follow some advice from everybody.