Help - English > merchendise

merchendise

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
187721.18 in reply to 187721.17
Date: 6/29/2011 10:06:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yea this merchandising thing is confusing me. I took over a team after the fourth week adn pretty much started dumping all the players within the next 2-3 weeks. Since then I pretty much have a whole new team with an exception of 1 guy who I thought was worthy enough to stay and could help my team. Since then I have been able to only manage a ball and a half. and It's been a couple weeks and I've taken the team from 7th to 3rd, over .500, and taken the point differential into the positive. Overall i'm 8-3 since taking over and well it doesn't seem winning has dont anything to the merchandise...so what else can I do?

A ball and a half in what category? All that trading will affect your fans' satisfaction with team stars selling, and you'll hardly ever achieve 3 or 4 stars in that category. I completely stopped shopping players during the season because of that, now I have 3,5 stars. Last player I bought more than two months ago, and with him I sold one player, and another who was non-factor with 2k salary. The mood dropped. Three months earlier, same thing.

The fans mood about the last season league and cup results is unreal. While you're winning and the season lasts, they're all fine, but as you fail to win the championship, you get a horrendous punishment which shows on your merchandise sales.

The final category is also puzzling. I'm visiting this site daily, and it is sometimes at five stars, but now it's 4 and I have no idea why.

Over the season, I've achieved a steady rise in merchandise profit, but I'm still below league average, although 6 of 16 teams are bot teams now. Besides, my two most important players were drafted by me two seasons ago.

This Post:
187721.19 in reply to 187721.18
Date: 6/29/2011 10:29:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
a ball and a half in merchandise, which is what this thread is about :P

but like i said since i took the team over the first couple maybe 2-3 weeks i completely changed the team and have had that same team for awhile now. Only change was about 2-3 weeks ago when one of my major players got injured and I had to buy a backup. But otherwise I don't see why i haven't gotten past a ball and a half in merchandise. Otherwise i'm either 4 or 5 ball average in every other category and an overall 4 ball average. My low merchandise is kinda killing my profit margin...

This Post:
187721.20 in reply to 187721.19
Date: 6/29/2011 10:38:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are no balls for merchandise in the fan survey, hence everyone's confusion.

Merchandise is heavily dependent on having players from your home country. So if you dumped all the guys you started with and picked up foreign born players, your merchandise will automatically drop like a rock. It does that with every new team that does an overhaul.

Last edited by Beener not Beanerz at 6/29/2011 10:51:23 AM

This Post:
187721.21 in reply to 187721.20
Date: 6/29/2011 12:15:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ah okay then that would explain it because I only have 2 american players, 1 who is from the original team that I was given and didn't decide to dump. well that sucks, it should be dependent on how long the players have been on the team reguardless where they are from...and if i guess your team is winning.

well thanks

This Post:
187721.23 in reply to 187721.22
Date: 6/29/2011 12:42:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
doesnt seem like it, since i've gone 8-3 since taking over and all i've managed to get is a ball and a half highest in merchandise...i guess me having only 2 american players seems to be having a more effect than and I do have a PR manager that specializes in crowd involvement and is advanced skill level. his salary has been rising ever since i got him because i keep winning

This Post:
187721.24 in reply to 187721.23
Date: 6/29/2011 1:17:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
doesnt seem like it, since i've gone 8-3 since taking over and all i've managed to get is a ball and a half highest in merchandise...i guess me having only 2 american players seems to be having a more effect than and I do have a PR manager that specializes in crowd involvement and is advanced skill level. his salary has been rising ever since i got him because i keep winning

There's no merchandise statement in the fan survey. What are you referencing that only has a ball and a half? An advanced PR manager is essentially worthless for a D5 team, especially when your arena prices are so low. You've gotta be hemorrhaging money with ticket prices like yours. Salaries for staff rise regardless of winning or losing.

It seems to me from reading other merchandise threads that homegrown and U21/NT players have a bigger effect on merchandise than winning. I consistently get 4.5 to 5 balls for the overall survey and am 19-0 but my merchandise is 2k less than the league average because my whole team has been picked from the TL.

Regardless, merchandise is the smallest source of revenue for a D5 team. Good or bad, it's not going to have a huge impact on your overall finances.

This Post:
187721.25 in reply to 187721.21
Date: 6/29/2011 1:37:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It doesn't mean that you still weren't far better off upgrading your scrubs. You'll make up for the dip in merchandising with a better team by promoting more quickly and making more $$ off your arena. And down the road, there are other ways to increase merchandising.

This Post:
187721.26 in reply to 187721.23
Date: 6/29/2011 3:15:25 PM
Arizona Cacti
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Well since you've sold out your past 2 games, I'd have to say that the fans are rewarding you for winning by showing up. My advice: don't worry much about merchandising, it makes a very small difference unless you have a NT player. I have one of the best teams in my league and am below average in merchandising but I make up for it with much larger ticket sales than most (if not all) of my league mates.

As an unrelated aside, you need to make sure to keep your game shape in line. Try not to play your key player more than 65 minutes in any given week... 55-65 is the best. This will improve their game shape and that's the single most important stat to determine whether you play well or poorly.

This Post:
187721.27 in reply to 187721.26
Date: 6/29/2011 4:55:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
alrighty i think i got it now on the merchandise thing. but for all the good info and help. at the moment i'm doing more expansion of my arena and keeping my ticket prices low for now until next season. thanks all

This Post:
187721.28 in reply to 187721.27
Date: 6/30/2011 10:00:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My advice i sto focus on the draft, keep the 3 players you'll get and try to play them. that should also help.

Advertisement