Suggestions > Economy

Economy

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
219433.18 in reply to 219433.14
Date: 6/4/2012 7:47:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Next time, try investing money into building an arena and purchasing decent but cheap trainees rather than spending on players -- that team has spent over $1M over their time here on players and really don't have anyone worth training nor players that are really going to be helpful to promote, let alone when (or if) they promote.

I mean, you know, if you take all the money you get, spend it on players and raise your salaries, you'll have no money left over for arena expansion and you'll struggle.

you're so smart... do you wear a moustache?

This Post:
219433.19 in reply to 219433.17
Date: 6/4/2012 7:59:29 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:
I see you team...you are in playoff zone in III with a roster that any single team of my old IV division can beat, but take my same tv contract...thank of that you have a 12k arena in 5 season of game...in italy is impossible that...
don't let me laugh...please...

Actually no, he doesn't take the same TV contract. Learn the game mechanics -- please.

it's less low than mine...in IV i took around 70k with a 220k roster...now I take 104k with a 269k roster, and I play to not be relegated...

he has a 200k roster, but he's in III, so he don't take 70k tv contract, because there's a limit, and not also 104k, because his league is not better than mine...but if he take 80/85k are enough, because he's in III so he has much fans, and he can play for promotion with a positve weekly...

So don't tell me "it's a good ecomony", because is good in "easy play" nations...I would just that BBs give an answers to us for our situation (25% of BB people), I don't want listen people who reach to have a good economy because are in a easy play nation...

This Post:
219433.20 in reply to 219433.19
Date: 6/4/2012 8:11:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So don't tell me "it's a good ecomony", because is good in "easy play" nations...I would just that BBs give an answers to us for our situation (25% of BB people), I don't want listen people who reach to have a good economy because are in a easy play nation...

I haven't said anything like that. Just the opposite -- you seem to claim that the game is broken because you somehow can't handle the competition in Italy. Tough beans, I guess...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
219433.21 in reply to 219433.20
Date: 6/4/2012 8:32:36 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:

I haven't said anything like that. Just the opposite -- you seem to claim that the game is broken because you somehow can't handle the competition in Italy. Tough beans, I guess...

you didn't understand...I just said that these economic troubles there are not even in real NBA...
so, why we have to play an economic game and not a basketball game??
I wuold just an answer on that...

ok the economic management, but here it's much complicate...

I have a pair balance, and I have not money problems, but it's not good that I can't go on market without sell anyone...I can't have a positive weekly without be relegated...not to talk about fans, with a 1-1 record in first week, because of a lose with my rival on road, I had -3k of affluence with a 30k negative taking...it's absurd because if I have a pair weekly, -30k are a considerable damage with this economy...

Last edited by zecchin at 6/4/2012 8:35:09 PM

This Post:
219433.22 in reply to 219433.21
Date: 6/4/2012 9:11:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Because this is not a basketball arcade game -- it's a management game. And the economic aspect is part of the management process.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
219433.23 in reply to 219433.22
Date: 6/4/2012 9:28:21 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:

Because this is not a basketball arcade game -- it's a management game. And the economic aspect is part of the management process.

yes, part of the management, not the only part...

actually it seems we must be economist....

Last edited by zecchin at 6/4/2012 9:29:14 PM

This Post:
219433.24 in reply to 219433.23
Date: 6/4/2012 9:37:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

It's not the only part. Being able to maintain healthy team economy doesn't mean you know how to win a BB game.

This Post:
219433.25 in reply to 219433.24
Date: 6/4/2012 10:00:25 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:

It's not the only part. Being able to maintain healthy team economy doesn't mean you know how to win a BB game.

but, if for each team born after season 4 win means to make bankrupt, then economy is the only part of management...

if there're ways to win with a good economy and without tanking, please, explain me...I'm listening...

Last edited by zecchin at 6/4/2012 10:30:31 PM

This Post:
219433.26 in reply to 219433.25
Date: 6/5/2012 12:26:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So, what you are saying is: Every team in Italy is playing in the minus season after season?
This season, currently the oldest team in Estonia finally made a mistake. Was constantly in the minus and sold a player too late. Doesn't that mean the newcomers are overtaking the old managers. This game is about getting better players/result while spending less money. Yes it's mostly a numbers game, but knowing which players/skills you need/aford for certain spots while not bankrupting yourself is the key.
It's a game of patience. You are not playing against USA divIII or Eesti divIII. You are playing in your country, more importantly in your league. The only thing you need to focus on is beating your direct opponents.
You are saying you can't go into the market without selling a player. Who can? If everyone else in your league is also near the salary cap, they also can't really go guns blazing spending. Adding money to teams will just "raise the salary cap", teams will spend that money and you will be in the same situation again. So it's pointless to just keep raising the cap to infinity.
This game takes time, I was stuck in divII for 8 seasons, before I promoted, but I always had a smaller total player salary than other teams, even when I promoted, because I took the time to actually build my team. Obviously you can't win if you go shopping emotionally and getting the first guy you see on the transfer list, or buy a player who's name you like. There are 16 managers in a league, there can be only one winner and 15 losers...

This Post:
219433.28 in reply to 219433.16
Date: 6/5/2012 10:37:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see you team...you are in playoff zone in III with a roster that any single team of my old IV division can beat, but take my same tv contract...thank of that you have a 12k arena in 5 season of game...in italy is impossible that...
don't let me laugh...please...

If you look at salaries alone, sure, my team is overmatched - there are only three teams in the series paying less for their top five than me, and six paying less for their top 8 and top 10. Luckily for me, the game is about more than which players on the court have higher salaries.

As for my arena, the reason it's to 12k already is that I have spent more money on expanding the arena than I have on the transfer market. Not symbolically, literally; my expansions total $3.565M, while my transfers are under $3.4M. My arena was already almost 12k when I promoted to III, so it's not like I've been sitting here and eating up TV revenue and just now building the arena.

Advertisement