BB Global (English) > no deflation?

no deflation?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
48978.18 in reply to 48978.17
Date: 9/7/2008 5:10:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Coming back to the original topic I have the same reception stated above, that top players have lost value (or better: marketability) while there are way too many players going for 7 digits.

To me there are two explanations:

One is that many managers simply don't realize that they pay too much. Why too much? Because even good training won't make them much more expensive and worse: this particular type of players will soon be worth less, because e.g. OD8+JS8+7something wages (...) isn't that hard to produce...

Second - and really exiting - we have a tremendous wave of new users. Every day there are a lot of new users and this definetely leads to more money in the market. It takes some time before this will reach the top level. (More players buying selling at low prices first, then middle level, then high level and finally top level.)

This Post:
48978.19 in reply to 48978.14
Date: 9/7/2008 6:06:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

The point about smaller countries such as Japan or al jazair is quite valid as I know some teams that are trying to build up nest eggs for future big runs on the transfer market. I don't know a solution - I assume the BB's is to hope that those countries grow, preventing such a strategy from reaching success.

The trade off for me (and other teams in similar positions) is that if we want to progress in the BB3 then we have to use the $ surplus we enjoy on salaries we know we dont really need for our domestice games...also one of the biggest enjoyments for me is the competitive PL games - so Im carrying at least 100-120k more salaries on my roster than I need to....

My STH are lower than most big teams so my ticket prices arent high and as I also play newly established teams, despite being unbeaten I wont get a full arena until the playoffs.

Having said that the Big 8 in Japan now is really shaping up - I also strongly advised all the longer term Japanese managers to upgrade their stadiums in the early seasons so that they could remain competitive on a global scale....

How much do you consider a nest egg? I think i mentioned a while back it is inevitable that teams that dont consider themselves capable now will hoard then buy 3-4 monsters lose money weekly to attack the biggest prizes domestically or globally...

I think for this reason a salary cap must be introduced to ensure managers can then battle things out more on court..... this would render stockpiles of cash as less meaningful.... (as much as I'd hate this option!)

Oh and did the BB3 games get switched to neutral or is there another round to play with HCA?

This Post:
48978.21 in reply to 48978.19
Date: 9/7/2008 11:26:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
truth is i agree with you regarding the salary cap issue

but the thing how do we compute a salary cap than can be apply to all division 1 leagues and so forth

as of right now, looking at the expense we are getting from div 1 it isnt at the point you can say that players there are what can be sum up as div. 1 players at all

we have to come up with a way to solve how much salary cap we need to impose every season :D

This Post:
48978.22 in reply to 48978.18
Date: 9/9/2008 10:21:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just saw a PF with sensational inside shot, prominent ID, prominent rebounding and strong shot blocking sell for 3.7 million. He had decent side skills but nothing fantastic.

This is not the first player of around 25,000 salary that I have seen go for that much.

Anyhow, in this type of situation I see very little use for a salary cap. The BBs took a significant chuck of income away but people keep spending.

If people want to play beyond their means, that's their choice. They will go bankrupt eventually or have to sell everyone off. I see no reason for a salary cap.

However, I do not see that here. I see this as people spending within their means. They have just shifted their money from big salaried players to more reasonable salaried players.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
48978.23 in reply to 48978.22
Date: 9/9/2008 1:55:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's always going to be easy to find one outlier (and I don't care about salary). This is especially true when the highest skill is a scoring one. You can't extrapolate anything from one data point. Also, you didn't note whether the player had other useful skills or not (JS, OD, passing, stamina, FT, experience)... they all matter, at least to the people who have the money to make those kind of purchases.

I've been watching the market in guys like that closely for the last few weeks, and that sale is in outlier as far as I'm concerned, unless you left out some important information.

This Post:
48978.24 in reply to 48978.23
Date: 9/10/2008 12:51:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hope that you're right. I do need to shake up my team or I'm going back down to division II. I've only been looking for the past week so maybe I just got unlucky with the few guys that I went after.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
48978.25 in reply to 48978.6
Date: 9/10/2008 11:05:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ya my point guard lamar moore a few days ago had a transfer value of about 800,000 and now has about 600,000 in just a few days

This Post:
48978.26 in reply to 48978.25
Date: 9/12/2008 12:37:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the transfer value isn't a good way to describe a player.It is a kind of measure how many some people pay for a type of player.I can decide to evaluate two players in a different way to the mass of users.Everyone have in his time some necessit,so i could pay a player more than his player because i need more primary skills but bad secondary skill or players with lower primary skills but higher secondary skills

This Post:
48978.27 in reply to 48978.26
Date: 9/12/2008 1:29:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the transfer value isn't a good way to describe a player

What on earth are you talking about?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score