BuzzerBeater Forums

Bugs, bugs, bugs > no training this week?

no training this week?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
157037.19 in reply to 157037.15
Date: 9/17/2010 7:26:52 AM
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
For me is acceptable to have no new features for few seasons if the team is understaffed. But serious bugs should be solved as soon as possible even with the current staff.
The communication of the problems has got worse for last few months even if there are 2 BB's that was named especially as public relation BB's. For me is most serious to have no info than waiting few hours for fixing. On the other hand there are a lot of permanent bugs that occure again and again.
I'm really worry about future of this game because all things including patience has some limits. And the understaffed team is not the only problem at the moment.

Last edited by rwystyrk at 9/17/2010 7:27:51 AM

This Post:
157037.20 in reply to 157037.19
Date: 9/17/2010 7:57:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But serious bugs should be solved as soon as possible even with the current staff.

That is most certainly what the BB team tries to achieve.

The communication of the problems has got worse for last few months even if there are 2 BB's that was named especially as public relation BB's.

While I don't agree with this statement, I think there is one obvious explanation for what you may be seeing. When you work on something, you know when and what you can communicate. Going through a second person will only slow the communication some. Instead of one gate, you have two gates for the information. For communicating on bugs, this can easily mean additional delays. As the game gets bigger and as the team gets bigger (+ more and more people work in different locations), it becomes more beneficial to take that extra time in some cases, basically to let people work on what they do best.

Overall, I think the communication has improved in areas where one can expect the extra people to contribute. Communicating on bugs and delays has remained quite unchanged in my experience. It may have slowed down a bit in some cases, but also become more thorough in others.

This Post:
157037.21 in reply to 157037.20
Date: 9/17/2010 8:19:29 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
The training updates will run late today, since we had some things running late from yesterday. We are doing what we can but I wouldn't hold my breath for the training, because if things continue to run at the pace they are, we're looking at a couple more hours until we get the training updates.

This Post:
157037.22 in reply to 157037.21
Date: 9/17/2010 8:29:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The training updates will run late today, since we had some things running late from yesterday.

So you basically know since yesterday that todays training will be delayed by a few hours? Why didn't you announce that as soon as you found out?

I don't mind if training is delayed by some hours, if I knew that before I wouldn't bother checking in every 30 minutes or so...

This Post:
157037.23 in reply to 157037.20
Date: 9/17/2010 8:29:08 AM
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
But serious bugs should be solved as soon as possible even with the current staff.

That is most certainly what the BB team tries to achieve.

May be they are, maybe thare aren't, who know? At least it isn't well communicated in my eyes.
The communication of the problems has got worse for last few months even if there are 2 BB's that was named especially as public relation BB's.

While I don't agree with this statement, I think there is one obvious explanation for what you may be seeing. When you work on something, you know when and what you can communicate. Going through a second person will only slow the communication some. Instead of one gate, you have two gates for the information. For communicating on bugs, this can easily mean additional delays. As the game gets bigger and as the team gets bigger (+ more and more people work in different locations), it becomes more beneficial to take that extra time in some cases, basically to let people work on what they do best.
Overall, I think the communication has improved in areas where one can expect the extra people to contribute. Communicating on bugs and delays has remained quite unchanged in my experience. It may have slowed down a bit in some cases, but also become more thorough in others.

Probably you didn't inderstand me. I wrote about one or two sentences as the one that has just appear on news page half an hour before. In some cases it took many hours before such a statement has been made. It's just about letting us now they are really aware of the problem and are solving it. It wouldn't mean any real delay on solving the problem.

And the other think is info after the problem is fixed. I remember delays in matches which occure real troubles for teams as their managers set players for match and than sold, but the match was because of the bug calculated after the sell of players. I would have expected at least apologize for such a problems for affected teams. It could destroy long time effort if it occure in really important match.

This Post:
157037.24 in reply to 157037.22
Date: 9/17/2010 9:06:04 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
We are updating you with news as they get in. We didn't know yesterday that this would happen today. We've done some speeding up and we are confident that the training updates will start soon.

This Post:
157037.25 in reply to 157037.24
Date: 9/17/2010 9:16:44 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
This Post:
157037.26 in reply to 157037.25
Date: 9/17/2010 9:47:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated: