unrealistic Free Throw %

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
187744.19 in reply to 187744.17
Date: 6/22/2011 4:38:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is an old argument here.

And most of the suggestions made would solve this issue, but nothing happens and sooner or later this game will fall apart because so many users quit because of the stagnancy we have for many seasons now.

This Post:
187744.20 in reply to 187744.19
Date: 6/22/2011 5:01:38 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I don’t think this one issue will be so devastating. I have a feeling the Season 17 training adjustments will show that when there is a lot of discussion about where we, the managers, think the problems are and give lots of reasonable and constructive suggestions, that the developers actually do make adjustments (after they’ve had time weigh the issues and figure out how to make improvements while not breaking anything that works). The biggest debates in the Suggestion Forum that I’ve seen since Season 4 when I started out here I think have mostly been addressed and now we take them for granted. And the biggest debates I think I’ve seen the last few seasons have been about training, especially the really old debate about SF training. I would be absolutely shocked if there are going to be training adjustments next season and they don’t in some way deal with the SF issues, particularly since cross-training, the change that has been mentioned at the center of the training change, is really the central issue of complaint about training a SF (i.e. they always have to train out of position to get useful training).

So, that being said, I have confidence that the FT issue will not remain unresolved forever given that it’s been discussed a whole lot in the Forums over the years, and the debates haven’t gone away, the way to address this is more about policy than programming complexity, there is a history of positive game development, and by golly it’s just the right thing to do.

Where I differ with you, perhaps, is the notion that things must be ever changing in order to keep people interesting. I think if BB is a great product, then why would we want it to change? By this time, I think the people who are attracted to the game and who have stuck with it know what it’s about and just simply like it. When there is something that could be improved, all of us users are pretty good at making a lot of noise about it, and eventually our debating an issue until it seems like de ja vu (like this thread!) typically pays off and we get change when it’s really warranted.

So good job to everyone chiming in about the FT issue. If we keep at it, then maybe we’ll get a more realistic FT skill by Season 19!

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
187744.21 in reply to 187744.20
Date: 6/22/2011 5:12:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Where I differ with you, perhaps, is the notion that things must be ever changing in order to keep people interesting.

I am not asking for an ever changing game. Leaks need to be plugged so the fun factor remains high or at least the events that frustrate the people playing this game should be removed.

I had a player that shot 50% behind the arc, 40% 2 pointers and 10% FTs - thats simply stupid and frustrating, the justifications for such players were even dumber. There are simple solutions to solve that issue and now we get cross-training, nobody asked for it and nobody knows what it will do. Why do we even have a suggestions forum then? Seems to me that this is the garbage can of BB

This Post:
187744.22 in reply to 187744.21
Date: 6/22/2011 5:34:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Insert Knecht's typical ranting about how the game was, is, and always will be horrible forever and ever

To provide a counterpoint from Knecht's vitriol about realism:

From a game design standpoint, a FT skill makes perfect sense. It allows inside and outside oriented players to both increase their abilities on the line without penalizing either type of player. Without the skill a pure center would by necessity need to get their JS and JR up in order to shoot FTs more effectively which is obviously less effective than continued training in traditional big man skills.

As well, it offers an extra option during low game training weeks other than GS and Stamina training. If FTs were taken away, Stamina would be the premier training option for increasing your team's output. However, Stamina can go too high as well which causes difficult to manage minutes in regards to GS, so it needs to be balanced in a training regimen. At the moment a team that's good to go on Stamina and GS for a low game week can still improve their team. There would have to be something else implemented if FTs were taken out in order to not frustrate a well managed team's owner during these weeks.

Personally, I'm happy with the skill. It does what it says, it's an elegant solution to the difference in IS/JS/JR in regards to FTs, and it provides a valuable increase to team performance during off training weeks. Can't ask for much more than that.

This Post:
187744.24 in reply to 187744.23
Date: 6/22/2011 9:11:11 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Alright folks. Let's settle down and get this back on target or I'm going to have to, um, do something! And don't make me have to write the story about the time that I once did something!

I'd love it if somebody could pull in some NBA stats that tracks 3pt% with FT%. I bet there's some correlation there and could help make the point about the FT skill needing a little bit of a reality check.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!

This Post:
187744.25 in reply to 187744.24
Date: 6/22/2011 11:01:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Since I think that guards are commonly better FT shooters than inside player, the FT problem has an easy fix (and it has being mention many times already): Make FT a secondary training for JS and/or JR (1 pop every three weeks) without removing the FT as a team training.

Presto

This Post:
187744.26 in reply to 187744.25
Date: 6/23/2011 1:55:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
one pop every three weeks is perhaps too much, yet this could be a fix. Anyhoo, when i started the post, i wasn't asking for a major fix, just don't want to see 0/1000, or 8/100, and that even a guy three left hands(a righty, of course) should shoot at least 30%. I mean, even if you get a random guy of the streets, he's gonna go more than 10% from the line.

This Post:
187744.27 in reply to 187744.23
Date: 6/23/2011 4:46:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And most of the suggestions made would solve this issue, but nothing happens and sooner or later this game will fall apart because so many users quit because of the stagnancy we have for many seasons now.

Nobody in this entire game complains more than you do. You're always talking about how so many users are going to quit because of this change or that change, but for some reason you're still here. Irony?

I guess you really tried hard but couldnt do better. Next time.

This Post:
187744.29 in reply to 187744.28
Date: 6/23/2011 5:34:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
very true about the close games comment.

Advertisement