BB Canada > Canada Division III Season 18

Canada Division III Season 18

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
200798.19 in reply to 200798.18
Date: 11/6/2011 4:31:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If anyone wants to post writeups, be my guest! :) this thread is all about showcasing div III and trying to get some more community involvement and forum activity!

If you want to claim a league to post writeups on, just post here beforehand what league you want and then I know not to do it!

So Markruh you want III.13 and Coach Coach you want III.9?

@Beener, I probably will end up doing div II writeups, no worries :)

This Post:
200798.20 in reply to 200798.17
Date: 11/6/2011 5:15:11 PM
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
Having just promoted from Div III 7
and perhaps even heading back there
I could do that one

This Post:
200798.21 in reply to 200798.19
Date: 11/7/2011 5:01:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
last season you did a great job, but i felt that there was something missing, as we didn't to a continuing piece after the finals, and i would love for a recap, and a forecast on how the team will do this season!

This Post:
200798.22 in reply to 200798.19
Date: 11/12/2011 6:43:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Dont worry everyone! I have not forgotten about this :) im just flooded with U21 duties right now :P i will get back to this once I can get into a steady weekly routine with my managerial responisbilities!

Sorry!

This Post:
200798.23 in reply to 200798.11
Date: 11/14/2011 6:45:00 PM
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
Not sure exactly how this was supposed to be handled but here I go:

Division III.7

The Big 8

This is essentially a 6 team race, 3 in each division
With The Headless Thompson Gunners surprisingly moving up, the Big 8 got tougher as the Canadian Steamrollers dropped down.
The Steamrollers will rely on their big 4, Big Men Nikolay Mitev and Zino Božali plus guards Kazin Menderes and Serapinas Mucharskis.
There's not much depth right now and no trainees at the moment that will make a difference.
The Shufflers and the Quebec Pugs battled for 2nd and 3rd place the last 2 years, each making a trip but coming up empty in the division final.
No big stars on the well balanced Shufflers though 22 year old Canadian Center Vladyslav Polovko surely will be one.
The Pugs feature league scoring champ Giorgio Tinuper and a group of improving youngsters, 22 year old SF Michalas Potamias and big men 21 year old Pietro Paulo Staudacher and Canada's 20 year old Jeremiah Estep.
The Oshawa Lemons, Darwin Dynamos and Manitoba Marksmen once vied for division honours but have fallen off in recent seasons.

The Great 8

The Great 8 was once a tough division to just stay afloat in, that is no longer the case.
The Top 4 will crush the bottom half.
Following relegation from Div II in season 16 it looked as though the Dream Shakers were odds on to move back up.
Something went wrong in the final as they were swept by HTG.
Surely they have vowed to make amends.
Led by league MVP Beñat Briceño they look to hold off The perennial contending Devildogs and Mississauga Rainmakers.
The Devildogs took a step in the Shakers direction with the recent addition os Israeli Center Eden Erez, giving them a 3 headed monster with C Naum Tropanikhin and 23 year old Canadian SG Massimo Gaeta.
The Rainmkers will rely heavily on their star Canadian SG Rien Molleman.
No chance that any but these 3 will contend.
The Ranimakers and Devildogs have been very good for 3 seasons in this league but just short.
Both a combined 51-15 in that time but they are still minor underdogs to the Shakers.
All 3 of course have plenty of time to change the course.

Last edited by Headless T Gunner at 11/14/2011 6:47:46 PM

Message deleted
This Post:
200798.25 in reply to 200798.23
Date: 11/18/2011 4:05:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
this wait is killing me :P kidding

To: kpd
This Post:
200798.26 in reply to 200798.25
Date: 11/18/2011 1:20:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Mine's coming, probably this w/e. No time today!

This Post:
200798.27 in reply to 200798.26
Date: 11/19/2011 1:58:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So your doing III.9, Coach? I was thinking of throwing something together, but if you got it covered then I'll wait for yours. Anyone else got a review for their league? Any ideas on how to get Canadian GM's to post more and be more active on the forums and in the community?

This Post:
200798.28 in reply to 200798.10
Date: 11/21/2011 8:04:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
III.16 is best characterized as a league of second bests. Of course, there has been a winner each year, but there has been a definite history of good teams repeatedly coming up just short. Since their arrival in the league in Season 15, Murfs Blue Devils have posted three second best seasons in a row, though perhaps this season is their opportunity to promote. Before Murfs Blue Devil's Reign of Almost, the North York Shockers posted two seasons of second place finishes before finally promoting on. What is more amazing is that several teams in the league have been there since season 12; these “left behind” teams are toronto matrix, Hoosiers09, and spiders ball. Seasons 13 and 14 saw the initiation of another group of league faithfuls, including the explosions, the Dunnville Mudcats, and the Vancouver Giants. Of those teams, several are vying to be the next second best, after the Blue Devils move on this season.
In its years, III.16 has only produced one Naismith team, the Mighty Ballers, although III.16 currently boasts Molson Export, which spent the first four seasons in the top league before beginning their slow descent to the 62 player monstrosity they are currently. Some other notable teams to emerge from III.16 are Slamma Jamma who spent two brief seasons in a division two league, Soul Crushers, tsa-aq, and the Weather Makers.
Season 18 is largely coloured by the fact that in Season 17's MVP voting race, the Murfs Blue Devils held the top four vote getters and all of these players still play for the team. In other words, the searing pain of defeat must still live large in the Blue Devils consciousness and if they don't win it all this year, it would be an upset to say the least. [s]piders ball, the team with the best record in the Big 8, seems to be following Molson Export's lead and has comprised a team featuring 40 players, most of whom are useless washouts aged 30 and above. They have two players with any discernible skills and their youngest player is a 19 year old with starter potential. In others words, not much is going on there in terms of competing with the MVP heavy Blue Devils and in terms of being relevant into the future. More likely to be standing at the end of the season are explosions and the Yukon Golddiggers especially who boast three key prospects (Massimiliano Giangeli, Oles Ruben, and Barrett Sale) and look set to compete in the near future. On the other hand, explosions hold the salary of Cai Xiangning ($57,498) and seem more prepared to be the team that emerges from the Big 8 in this season's playoff race.
The Great 8, set to be dominated from pole to pole by Murfs Blue Devils, features Hoosiers09 and the Dunnville Mudcats. Both teams seem to exemplify the attitude of this league, waiting patiently, or perhaps impatiently, for their opportunity to shine. Although these teams do not feature the big salaried or highly skilled players of the Blue Devils, they are well built with substance and depth at every position. The Vancouver Giants are a team in the wings, slowly building their team and biding their time.
The league is filled out by the 2014 Olympians, who seem to have packed it in after falling from II.2; Tim Hortons, who hold the rights to 18 year old Jerry Beer; Supreme featuring rookie sensation Gordon Zavard; star wars geek who took over from the long standing second placer Montreal Matrix last season and managed not to be relegated; the long lasting and well travelled Moldon Export; toronto matrix who have been around for a long time; a brand new franchise RNC Dream Team; Bask3ballpwn and me, Perfervid Iron-Mills, both of which are sitting at 0 and 5 in the basement of the league.

Last edited by Witherspoon at 11/21/2011 8:44:58 PM

This Post:
200798.29 in reply to 200798.28
Date: 11/21/2011 9:00:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Great write-ups HTG n witherspoon :)...... n since we r trying to get more n more people involved, maybe we can have a write up from a manager from each league on sunday like even 5-6 lines about the games from the past week any big matchups coming up and basically anything thats going on in their league..... i can do III.9 since im in it.... i think it will just make these forums a lot more active and get everyone involved...... Maybe email the people in your league theres 16 teams and 14 weeks and usually theres a bot or two so you guys can divide it up so one manager posts once a season so everyone gets a chance to post and share their own views about the league..... let me knw what u guys think :)

Advertisement